Class of 2018 - PG Jahvon Quinerly (NJ) Transferring from Villanova to Alabama | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jahvon Quinerly (NJ) Transferring from Villanova to Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.

And just because we lost 12 games during the season? What earthly difference does it make, except as bragging rights? JMHO

I mean, it makes a huge difference. First off, if you have 12 losses there is no guarantee you'll even make the tournament. Second, no team has ever won the NCAA tourney with 12 regular season losses. FACT. Your chance of making the final 4 is exceptionally low if you're coming in as a double digit seed. Since the field expanded to 64, historically more than HALF of the final 4 teams have been 1 or 2 seeds. Making it as an 11 seed in 2016 is an aberration. Only one other P5 school 11 seed has ever made it that far (LSU 1986). Of course there are upsets along the way, but by and large the history of the sport points towards you having a better chance of tournament success if you are a better team in the regular season.

F...

Hate to see them have any additional momentum with IJ there on an official.

They don’t...? Waiver was denied.
Is that waiver to play this season? And it being denied mean he cannot play until next...when theoretically IJ would be there?

that kid isn’t a one and done. Doesn’t matter much

And you know this how exactly?

Again, I don't want any extra momentum for Alabama. Him being a one-and-done or not is completely irrelevant.

And you know this how exactly?

Again, I don't want any extra momentum for Alabama. Him being a one-and-done or not is completely irrelevant.

I don’t get how a waiver being denied is momentum. Especially for a guy who is a transfer from Villanova who didn’t play. Makes zero sense.

I don’t get how a waiver being denied is momentum. Especially for a guy who is a transfer from Villanova who didn’t play. Makes zero sense.
The waiver is irrelevant, Jackson isn't playing this year, he's playing next year. With Quinnerly -- who last year was one of the top recruits in the country -- if he picks Bama. Get it now?

The waiver is irrelevant, Jackson isn't playing this year, he's playing next year. With Quinnerly -- who last year was one of the top recruits in the country -- if he picks Bama. Get it now?

quinnerly was already on the team. Why is this momentum now?

quinnerly was already on the team. Why is this momentum now?

Because maybe if quinerly were eligible to play this year, he wouldn't be there next year. And because prior to now, he wasn't recruiting him from social media.

Isn't Isaiah Jackson down there this weekend? Hence, why it's momentum.

Big guys often like to play with a point guard who they know we'll get them the ball. Who knows whether it will make a difference or not, but I don't like seeing anything favorable in the pro column for Alabama.

Honestly, not sure what's so difficult to figure out.

Last edited:
because prior to now, he wasn't recruiting him from social media.
Isn't Isaiah Jackson down there this weekend? Hence, why it's momentum. And because maybe if quinerly were eligible to play this year, he wouldn't be there next year.

Big guys often like to play with a point guard who they know we'll get them the ball. Who knows whether it will make a difference or not, but I don't like seeing anything favorable in the pro column for Alabama.

ooooook

ooooook
Again, not sure why you're so myopically focused only on the waiver aspect of this.

I'd much rather have Alabama with a less favorable roster, than one that includes a blue chip point guard. That's all I'm saying.

Again, not sure why you're so myopically focused only on the waiver aspect of this.

I'd much rather have Alabama with a less favorable roster, than one that includes a blue chip point guard. That's all I'm saying.

And all I'm saying is it was HIGHLY unlikely he was going to be a one and done at Alabama.

And all I'm saying is it was HIGHLY unlikely he was going to be a one and done at Alabama.
He was considered a LIKELY one and done when he committed to Arizona.

Who knows whether the Villanova train wreck of a season was The New normal, the results of a bad situation, or what will transpire at Alabama when he's handed the balI / keys to that program. I would still rather not have him there and not being any sort of "pro" in the checklist in favor of Alabama for IJ's services.

He was considered a LIKELY one and done when he committed to Arizona.

Who knows whether the Villanova train wreck of a season was The New normal, the results of a bad situation, or what will transpire at Alabama when he's handed the balI / keys to that program. I would still rather not have him there and not being any sort of "pro" in the checklist in favor of Alabama for IJ's services.

don’t know what to tell ya. I disagree. Which is why this “momentum” thing isn’t momentum in my eyes. He would have been playing with Jackson regardless

don’t know what to tell ya. I disagree. Which is why this “momentum” thing isn’t momentum in my eyes. He would have been playing with Jackson regardless
Fine with disagreeing.

Not remotely interested in splitting hairs about how you personally define "momentum."

Because maybe if quinerly were eligible to play this year, he wouldn't be there next year. And because prior to now, he wasn't recruiting him from social media.

Isn't Isaiah Jackson down there this weekend? Hence, why it's momentum.

not defending that guy, and see your point, but its not really momentum and your point is kind of ironic if you think about it

not defending that guy, and see your point, but its not really momentum and your point is kind of ironic if you think about it
This could be the post-loss beers talking, but I respectfully have no idea what your post means.

I'm out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online