Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Yeah. I'm not real worried about uconn. More worried about a real program getting involved late, as has been the trend pre-Bazley.

Yeah, real programs as ours that have won more national championships...oh wait. ;)

His follow up tweet included them

Carey is like PG option #5 or 6 for Kansas.
I'm sure they'd be happy to take him - after they miss out on the other 4 or 5 PG's they are more interested in.

Darius Garland
Immanuel Quickley
Jahvon Quinerly
Devon Dotson
Jalen Carey

Jalen Carey
Height: 6-2
Weight: 170
Average Stars: 4★
Overall Rank: NR
Position Rank: NR

Ayo Dosunmu

Let's just hope KU lands a PG sooner rather than later, so they don't suddenly get very interested in Carey, before we can lock him down.

Hopefully he commits there!!!
I dont think he's going to be an early commitment, or a summer one for that matter. At least thats what Ive gather from reputable sources on this board. However, im hoping for some good news/momentum heading out of peach jam.

I dont think he's going to be an early commitment, or a summer one for that matter. At least thats what Ive gather from reputable sources on this board. However, im hoping for some good news/momentum heading out of peach jam.

Agreed - Carey would be wise to let the PG dominoes fall before making a decision. Not to say we're not in a good position, just that there's no pressure. Keeping my fingers crossed that the Bazley commitment starts to pay dividends as well.

Agreed - Carey would be wise to let the PG dominoes fall before making a decision. Not to say we're not in a good position, just that there's no pressure. Keeping my fingers crossed that the Bazley commitment starts to pay dividends as well.
I don't know. I believe Syracuse and Kansas are the best programs recruiting him right now. Who's going to come calling besides them that's a better program and fit? He's unlikely to get a UK or Duke offer. They have lots of other PG targets, plus guys currently on their rosters who may not leave. He's probably like 3 or 4 on Kansas's board based on what's out there about them. UConn is making a run at him but he'll be behind at least Alterique Gilbert (a former McD AA) at the PG spot. Plus the ACC is a much better conference than the American. I gotta think we'll end up the leader for him by the end of summer. Not to mention Red is on the case!

We'll be all over the Playaz Club for Jalen Carey, but don't be surprised if we are also keeping tabs on Al-Amir Dawes ('19 SG) and Valdir Manuel ('18 SF) who are both from The Patrick School...

I know this is probably sacrilege around these parts, but I would actually prefer Ayala to Carey.

I know this is probably sacrilege around these parts, but I would actually prefer Ayala to Carey.

Yeah, that's definitely a little crazy. Ayala sure seems to be a tier or so below Carey skill/athlete wise.

blog564.gif

they do not belong on the same court or league and we have no interest in him anymore, he's going to St Johns, Seton Hall or UCONN

ayala had his window and im fairly certain its 98% shut and carey has the key.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom