Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Malachi too. Their delirious, than theyll say "what have those guys done in the league" . Umm it shows that Boeheim and the program get kids drafted wayyy above where they were ranked and projected. Lets ask those kids if they regret their decision by coming here. Hell no

They're current coach is an NBA journeyman.

Pretty much a wash IMO.

I love that there's a UConn fan with the handle "MSGSeven". Having a screen name that references a game your team lost is something I'd only expect on the Rutty board.

View attachment 109451

Ollie may have "played with" some terrific players as an end of the bench, towel waving guy.

In contrast, Boeheim has COACHED the best players in the NBA to 3 Olympic Gold Medals.

Apparently UConn told him they can get him into the NBA in 2 years - whens the last time UConn put a guard in the NBA after 2 years?

That's a silly thing for them to say considering we have a handful of guys recently that we can lay that claim to - Flynn, Waiters, MCW, Ennis and if everything goes well this year, Battle. All left before becoming upper classmen.
Guys like Flynn, Ennis and Richardson were propelled into the first round by a single game. Flynn was the 6 overtime game, Ennis the game winner against Pitt and Malachi the elite 8 game against Virginia. That is what exposure provides, and Syracuse has it. UConn doesn't anymore. They have four recent championships, which is amazing, but the future isn't as bright.

Last edited:
Guys like Flynn, Ennis and Richardson were propelled into the first round by a single game. Flynn was the 6 overtime game, Ennis the game winner against Pitt and Malachi the elite 8 game against Virginia. That is what exposure provides, and Syracuse has it. UConn doesn't anymore. They have four recent championships, which is amazing, but the future isn't as bright.

It's weird that people think making a half court shot means anything to NBA scouts.

I mean, maybe scouts liked him because he was a great point guard?

It's weird that people think making a half court shot means anything to NBA scouts.

I mean, maybe scouts liked him because he was a great point guard?
That shot brought him to the forefront. It didn't make him a better player but the exposure brought him more attention.

That shot brought him to the forefront. It didn't make him a better player but the exposure brought him more attention.

I don't really know what "bringing him to the forefront" means or why being the starting PG on the top ranked team wouldn't do it.

But if your saying that he wouldn't have been the #18 draft pick in 2014 if he didn't hit that shot then yeah I don't know what to say.

I would like to know as well. Our most sought after prospect and our top 10 recruit on campus and nothing.

I don't really know what "bringing him to the forefront" means or why being the starting PG on the top ranked team wouldn't do it.

But if your saying that he wouldn't have been the #18 draft pick in 2014 if he didn't hit that shot then yeah I don't know what to say.
I guess my point is, there are 4500 division one basketball players every year. There are also lower divisions and players from outside the United States. That is quite a few players to scout. Playing in a powerful conference adds exposure, but that is still about 800 players. So, if you do something, like hitting a buzzer beater or standing out in an epic game, on the national stage (which is provided by the exposure offered by a team like Syracuse), then you might bring a little more focus to yourself. And, if a scout sees that shot, he might decide to check out that Ennis kid at Syracuse a little more closely. If you think that is unreasonable, I don't know what to say.

Guys like Flynn, Ennis and Richardson were propelled into the first round by a single game. Flynn was the 6 overtime game, Ennis the game winner against Pitt and Malachi the elite 8 game against Virginia.
You must think NBA GMs are idiots.

They have both been pretty quiet on Snapchat and Instagram as well...not 100% but it looked like jalen was hanging with eli in his dorm last night from eli' s posts...bazley didn't post anything until real late last night like 2am a picture at the melo center...not sure if he got into cuse that late or was just out and about last night? Jalen did post a real cool looking puzzle the staff must have had made up of him edited with him in cuse gear and the dome in the background...kind of a neat and different gift that I thought was a great idea by the staff! Really hoping this visit goes well for both of them!

UConn really doesn't want to try to compare Ollie's track record of sending kids to the NBA with Boeheim's. Since Ollie became head coach in 2012, he's sent exactly 1 player to the NBA, Shabazz Napier. And he didn't even recruit Napier as head coach.

Boeheim has sent 8. Lydon, Gbinije, Richardson, Christmas, McCullough, Ennis, Grant, Carter-Williams.

It's not even a discussion which coach has had more success sending kids to the NBA.

UConn really doesn't want to try to compare Ollie's track record of sending kids to the NBA with Boeheim's. Since Ollie became head coach in 2012, he's sent exactly 1 player to the NBA, Shabazz Napier. And he didn't even recruit Napier as head coach.

Boeheim has sent 8. Lydon, Gbinije, Richardson, Christmas, McCullough, Ennis, Grant, Carter-Williams.

It's not even a discussion which coach has had more success sending kids to the NBA.

My statement was in reference to long term success in the NBA so while JB has put guards in the NBA you can't use any one guard as a shining example of long term success. At least KO coached Kemba as an assistant and mentored him on top of all the other things I mentioned in my post you guys have copied and pasted from the Boneyard. Obviously JB has been a head coach for a lot longer than KO. As a whole, UConn guards have had more collegiate and professional success than Cuse guards that's not even debatable.

But LeBron and Durant love Ollie!

I guess my point is, there are 4500 division one basketball players every year. There are also lower divisions and players from outside the United States. That is quite a few players to scout. Playing in a powerful conference adds exposure, but that is still about 800 players. So, if you do something, like hitting a buzzer beater or standing out in an epic game, on the national stage (which is provided by the exposure offered by a team like Syracuse), then you might bring a little more focus to yourself. And, if a scout sees that shot, he might decide to check out that Ennis kid at Syracuse a little more closely. If you think that is unreasonable, I don't know what to say.
That is not what you said. You said individual events, on their own, propelled them to 1st round picks.
There are scoress of buzzer beaters each year. There are many great individual performances in the NCAA each year.

Last edited:
Remember when John Wallace's amazing senior year and memorable NCAA Tourney run featuring a sweet 16 game winner propelled him into the same spot he would've been drafted in the year before?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom