Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Well, then I guess we're actually offering zero PG's for '18 then.

FWIW - Verbal commits lists him at PG.

Verbal Commits

I think that would be us making him full time there. They kind of play PG by committee on his AAU squad. He is one of the guys that takes turns handling the ball, but more of a scorer and an elite shooter.

I guess the real question is who else could we target at PG? No shot at Garland(1), Quickley(2), smart(3), grimes(4), I mean maybe we could get involved with Myron Jones(5)because a lot of the top dogs seem locked in on their PG recruits and he is just blowing up but he's from Alabama JB isn't gonna pursue that I doubt. Williams(6)no shot, JQ(7) already cut us out. Then so on down the list you continue to see no options. After Carey I'd assume our best options would be Brendan Adams out of Maryland, MCWs brother Marcus and Noah Locke also out of Maryland.

I think mcw lil bro is gunna be the real deal and is just scratching the surface of how good he can be. Pretty sure dean is high on him as well I think he tweeted some stuff about him not long ago and hoping our staff would take a good look at him. Definitely a possibility and having his bro that played for us and him not getting huge attention yet would seem like we could be a too option for him if we would offer.

I guess the real question is who else could we target at PG? No shot at Garland(1), Quickley(2), smart(3), grimes(4), I mean maybe we could get involved with Myron Jones(5)because a lot of the top dogs seem locked in on their PG recruits and he is just blowing up but he's from Alabama JB isn't gonna pursue that I doubt. Williams(6)no shot, JQ(7) already cut us out. Then so on down the list you continue to see no options. After Carey I'd assume our best options would be Brendan Adams out of Maryland, MCWs brother Marcus and Noah Locke also out of Maryland.
What about Cormac Ryan? He's a combo but def has good PG skills.

... combo Gs slash forwards
That's what JAB is looking for at the top of the zone. Skills are secondary to height and wingspan. It's tough, because tall kids who have the skills in HS are going to be top-10 recruit and one and done with UK or Duke. SU is stuck with going after kids with elite size or elite skills and size has been winning out.

With Quinnerly officially cutting us from consideration, it appears Carey is our ONLY 2018 PG offer now.
And none for '19 yet either.

Yay, another all the eggs in one basket approach - that's never not worked out awesome for us! :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, we're offering ALL of the '18 SG's & SF's apparently.
JB looking to corner the market on tweeners.

Don't get me wrong.. I want Carey. But I also like David Duke (the basketball player). He is probably considered by most a combo guard, but he could definitely run the O.

He took a 6-0 GMac. He took a 5-11 Flynn. He was recruiting a 6-0 Quade Green last year.
This is Carey's thread; but, each of the 3 guys you mentioned have a superior characteristic to override JB's desire for height/length in his guards...
GMac - 3pt shoot
Jonny - athletic freak
Quade - Court vision

Last year he did it too by taking Gillon, but that was a case of desperation...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom