Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Jalen Carey just missed All-LA Honorable Mention...

LA numbers...
17.8 PPG (24-65 37%), 4.3 RPG, 2.5 APG, 1.3 SPG

IU recruiting article...

Carey has already taken visits to Rutgers, UConn, Seton Hall. Besides Indiana, he said he is looking to visit Syracuse, Florida, and Miami in the near future. He recently released a list of the top 10 schools showing interest but said his recruitment is still open.

“I don’t really have a timeline,” Carey said. “I’m looking at probably cutting my list before the start of my high school season. But if it takes longer than that, I’ll just have to wait. I don’t want to rush anything.”

As for a fit, Carey is looking for a program where he feels comfortable and that fits his style of play.

“I like schools that are able to let their guards play full court offense and work,” Carey said. “Somewhere where I can feel like I’m home. Where it’s my home away from home. Where my parents don’t have to worry about me. Where I’m able to feel comfortable on and off the court.”

He's too good to go to UConn. Ollie gets early intrest from every NE guard.

Yeah players are transferring OUT of UConn. Kansas is legit the rest is ehh. I'm more worried about Indiana tbh.

You would think putting Flynn, MCW, Ennis, and Waiters too in the 1st round recently would put us on top for a NY kid. Hell, we turned G into a PG and he got drafted. Not sure why we don't seem to bring kids in like we used to from the area.

He can look back to Pearl, and Sherm. Red, and Griff should lock this kid up. I really think he could be our next great, and he will be able to showcase himself here more than any other place. He's the perfect PG to run our offense. We should be PG U, really.

What Kansas PG is in the league anyway? Hinrich? Chalmers?

You would think putting Flynn, MCW, Ennis, and Waiters too in the 1st round recently would put us on top for a NY kid. Hell, we turned G into a PG and he got drafted. Not sure why we don't seem to bring kids in like we used to from the area.

He can look back to Pearl, and Sherm. Red, and Griff should lock this kid up. I really think he could be our next great, and he will be able to showcase himself here more than any other place. He's the perfect PG to run our offense. We should be PG U, really.

What Kansas PG is in the league anyway? Hinrich? Chalmers?

That a really good point. Kansas has actually done much better with program guards of late that stayed around. Its the wings that they have been sending to the NBA and the occasional big guy.

That a really good point. Kansas has actually done much better with program guards of late that stayed around. Its the wings that they have been sending to the NBA and the occasional big guy.

Yeah, they have good program guards like Mason this past year.

Wiggins, Aldrich, Embid, the Morris bros, and McLemore. Diallo, eh. Selby was a bust. They don't really produce too many NBA guards, or NCAA results. Would be annoying to lose Carey to them when he's the prototypical Cuse guard from NY.

Yeah, they have good program guards like Mason this past year.

Wiggins, Aldrich, Embid, the Morris bros, and McLemore. Diallo, eh. Selby was a bust. They don't really produce too many NBA guards, or NCAA results. Would be annoying to lose Carey to them when he's the prototypical Cuse guard from NY.
Yeah...Sharon Collins was one of my favorite college players and he didn't amount to much. Thought he was going to be very good.

Top 30 from Pangos...
Have Cuse offers: Carey, Ayala, Bazley, Cockburn
Other guys of interest to this board: Jones, Achiuwa, Policelli, Anthony, Muhammad

Nice teamwork(including that first pass), until they nearly(?) knock each other over after the basket. :)

Frankie Policelli apparently rising up the charts as well.

We had one domino fall with B Williams going to UoA

We have to hope Grimes goes to KU to hopefully knock them out of the hunt for Carey...Grimes or Dotson plus they got the Cali transfer for next year too

Ugh KU guys are predicting an early commitment from him...to come off the bench...really?

We had one domino fall with B Williams going to UoA

We have to hope Grimes goes to KU to hopefully knock them out of the hunt for Carey...Grimes or Dotson plus they got the Cali transfer for next year too

I'm not knocking you, or the various other similar posts Ive seen in the last few threads today alone...wishing UK and Duke(who happens to to be in our conference) are in dynasty mode so that we can maybe crack the top 25 with their leftovers and be better than some decent teams at least. How low have we sunk that we have to root for these teams to become virtual dream teams with 13 solid recruits, so that we can have 1 4-star player on the team, maybe 2 during a great year? Maybe if they were Georgetown/UConn/Villanova, some of you would understand where I'm coming from. That latter group has more titles in recent years anyhow, despite the elite teams doing what they do in recruiting every year. Im actually a bit proud of former Big East brethren for showing some of the grit Syracuse used to have, to spare us from monotony when it comes time to hand out the title belt annually. Bleep UK and Duke, and UNC as well. Hopefully we can do well without having to root for them to get the gems of each draft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom