Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

So second week in June we have two of our top targets with overlapping visits and a 2019 wing in as well. This is one of the reasons I was so happy to nab Thorpe and be done with 2017. 2018 needs the whole staffs full attention and it seems that's what's happening.

Last edited:
So second week in June we have two of our top targets with overlapping visits and a 2019 wing in as well. This is one of the reasons I was so happy to nab Thorpe and be done with 2017. 2018 needs the whole staff full attention and it seems that's what's happening.
Yep so far doesn't seem like any of this -
DCtF6-lWsAANEYF.jpg

Yep so far doesn't seem like any of this -
DCtF6-lWsAANEYF.jpg

Now I'll defend JB on this one. Who among us hasn't snuck a little snooze on a long plane flight? Granted most of us don't end up on the internet with the proof.

Oh and I really want to get Carey. Have to be encouraged he came here on his own dime for an unofficial.

Now I'll defend JB on this one. Who among us hasn't snuck a little snooze on a long plane flight? Granted most of us don't end up on the internet with the proof.

Oh and I really want to get Carey. Have to be encouraged he came here on his own dime for an unofficial.

Some flights I'm out before takeoff and don't wake up til we hit the ground. Wife hates me for it.

Yeah, but he was flying the plane!!!

Naah, he put Gerry on that while he and Hop partied with NBA guys . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Or something :noidea:

Lets wait until he really starts visiting schools because as we know all to well, being considered a fav early on means diddly
Paulie you win the level-headed post of the week award. Funny how timing is everything. Kid can certainly still go to Kansas, and why wouldn't he, great hoops school, but, the fact people were saying we were done, and then he shows up the next day on campus, is sweet.

Any updates on the visit? Did he sign or at least give a silent verbal wink?

While Swider is likely to decide soon, that will not happen with Carey.

While Swider is likely to decide soon, that will not happen with Carey.
Was hoping the CS would commit after his recent SU visit (PS article would read, "Elite Recruit Cancels Duke visit"). As far as Carey, if he's a long-haul recruit might as well check back in 6 months -- hopefully, he's genuinely interested, as opposed to using us to leverage an offer from WWW/UK.

Last edited:
So did his visit go well?

Bump. I was hoping to read something about that too. At least with Swider we got some sweet tidbits on here to feel good about.

What gives me a little reassurance was what I reported a couple of weeks ago, that he and Red had been "just talking" for awhile before the offer, being they were from the same neighborhood. I'm not saying that's enough, but it's a heck of a nice bonus, and with the one recruit I'd choose to have it with for '18. He said that Red sharing the most 1st rd PGs since 2009 really stood out to him. LGO!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom