Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 84 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

I think he’s Dion Waiters with a better head on his shoulders
WHAT?!!! What a moronic thing to say! How could you be so ignorant? I have to seriously re-examine my idea of your IQ, which before was hovering at near radish-like levels. For the love of Pete, Dion freakin Waiters???

Was that the kind of thing you were worried about? :cool:

BTW, interesting thought!

WHAT?!!! What a moronic thing to say! How could you be so ignorant? I have to seriously re-examine my idea of your IQ, which before was hovering at near radish-like levels. For the love of Pete, Dion freakin Waiters???

Was that the kind of thing you were worried about? :cool:

BTW, interesting thought!
Radish! That’s rich. Love it.

I absolutely love the idea of having two experienced lead guards and a spark plug off of the bench. It will give Jalen the opportunity to learn and grow, but also to surprise people. I am dying to see an opponent getting back on D after a missed shot and watching Jalen blow by them with a surprise transition bucket.

I absolutely love the idea of having two experienced lead guards and a spark plug off of the bench. It will give Jalen the opportunity to learn and grow, but also to surprise people. I am dying to see an opponent getting back on D after a missed shot and watching Jalen blow by them with a surprise transition bucket.

Yeah, it seems like he has a combination of speed/ballhandling that we haven’t seen since perhaps Flynn.

So... the greatest basketball player in Syracuse history?
I was joking. That would make him the best player in our history. I do love his game though and I'm really excited about him. I also think him being the 3 guard and energy guy off the bench who can play either guard spot is perfect.

This kid's handle and ability to penetrate are going to give us a totally different dimension this season on offense. He's really going to be good playing alongside Frank.
Not throwing shade on Frank, and no doubt, Jalen will have to learn the zone and figure out how to run the offense. But that's a WHOLE lot of talent and swag to hold back on the bench for extended periods.

The key for a lot of young guys is to make sure they rotate on O to not leave an imbalance cuz that does drive the old man crazy, especially if they ain't scoring points or sloppy on D.

He kind of reminds me of a cross between Pearl Washington and Sherman Douglas but with a better outside shot.

When I first read this and saw the “likes” I thought you liked your own post (my fault for reading too fast...)! That would have been as good, if not better, than others replying to their own posts (except when they argue with themselves)!

Pretty high praise from the man.

However, it is defense that earns kids playing time from JB. Hopefully, his defense will be good enough to get him some PT.

Not throwing shade on Frank, and no doubt, Jalen will have to learn the zone and figure out how to run the offense. But that's a WHOLE lot of talent and swag to hold back on the bench for extended periods.
I don’t disagree but Frank may at this time be the superior three point threat and the more natural facilitator despite whats been displayed with last year’s offense deficient team.

I don’t disagree but Frank may at this time be the superior three point threat and the more natural facilitator despite whats been displayed with last year’s offense deficient team.
Carey is really fast and will probably get down the court quick which will probably be really exhausting for all the other players on the floor. So when everyone gets really tired we can put Frank back in to take 10 second to cross half court.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom