Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Final rank of 74 in 24/7 list. If theres 73 better seniors than him It must be the best class of all time (which its not). Wayyyyyt too low

He's actually at 56.

Capture.PNG

2 4 7 also had Moyer at 20 at something at one point fwiw lol.

I honestly don't know what happened with Moyer. When he was in HS and prep school, he really had a nasty streak, a great motor and did some damage inside on offense. Maybe it was playing against lesser players, I dunno.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him do fairly well at Vanderbilt. Seemed like a very smart kid who really supported the program. I wish him nothing but the best. But this was a kid who I expected to be a contributor.

Isn't 2 4 7 kind of thought as a joke?
Not anymore. Its laughed at due to its dumb pay requirements now but if you’re going to use ranking sites... 247s gives you the most up to date ranking. That being said, i dont rely on it. I prefer the insiders here and our coaches evaluations.

Not anymore. Its laughed at due to its dumb pay requirements now but if you’re going to use ranking sites... 247s gives you the most up to date ranking. That being said, i dont rely on it. I prefer the insiders here and our coaches evaluations.
Jerry Meyer is pretty good at his scouting but certainly not the be all and end all. The problem is with the composite ranking. Some recruiting services (including ESPN) don’t rate kids who play high school ball in Canada and outside the US, and that drags their composite ranking down. Which is why Oshae was lower on their composite than what Meyer had him ranked (which was close to the top 50). And I don’t know if 2 4. 7 actually releases their formula for figuring the composite rankings. So I’m skeptical of it. It’s just one more data point.

Really excited for Carey. Just what we need. A downhill attacker. I hope he begs the coaches to have the rock in his hands and I hope he can deliver and have the trust from JB. I think we’ll be a much better team if he is making more of the plays for others and himself.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom