Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its the Albany Capital Arena, seats about 15,000 for concerts, basketball and hockey.
I'm pretty sure it's the Capital Center which is the new convention center. It's different than the Knick/Pepsi Arena but attached to it.

Lol that was over a decade ago. Did he even make the migration from skout?
I assume this is about ON...I don’t think he did. In fact I think he quit posting before the migration.

I'm pretty sure it's the Capital Center which is the new convention center. It's different than the Knick/Pepsi Arena but attached to it.

Honestly, I always forget that place even exists. And I was literally a well-struck three wood from it on Thursday afternoon.

Symir crootin

Screenshot_20210530-194101_Instagram.jpg

Yeah, nobody knows who that dude is nor the mark he’s left on the game. They probably have Puma gear there too.
But kids typically follow specific players that are playing during their lives. I know who Wilt Chamberlain is, but there are a bunch more players I'm familiar with.

You think? He was done playing before JJ was born.
Good point. Still, I wonder about the power of that legend. He’s still discussed every time Lebron’s place in history comes up, so there’s always hat contextual relevance. And then there‘s the shoe/brand, and the game...

There are a handful of programs that have a historical power, and a kid doesn’t necessarily need to have seen certain players play during their time to still be affected by them and inspired to wear the same jerseys. MJ is one of those players who is bigger than the rest of the lineage. But you may be right... I’d be interested to know from JJ. Unfortunately, we may only get that answer if he signs with them.

Good point. Still, I wonder about the power of that legend. He’s still discussed every time Lebron’s place in history comes up, so there’s always hat contextual relevance. And then there‘s the shoe/brand, and the game...

There are a handful of programs that have a historical power, and a kid doesn’t necessarily need to have seen certain players play during their time to still be affected by them and inspired to wear the same jerseys. MJ is one of those players who is bigger than the rest of the lineage. But you may be right... I’d be interested to know from JJ. Unfortunately, we may only get that answer if he signs with them.
I would guess that the appeal of UNC to a kid in high school now would be more about the continued success and the long list of great players than it would be about a single great player that retired before the kid was born, even the GOAT. If UNC sucked the last 15 years, I don't it would matter that MJ went there. And I'm the biggest MJ fan around.

I would guess that the appeal of UNC to a kid in high school now would be more about the continued success and the long list of great players than it would be about a single great player that retired before the kid was born, even the GOAT. If UNC sucked the last 15 years, I don't it would matter that MJ went there. And I'm the biggest MJ fan around.
With Roy leaving and Hubert Davis taking over, one has to wonder if the UNC allure might be on trial with some players, AAU & prep school coaches etc?

With Roy leaving and Hubert Davis taking over, one has to wonder if the UNC allure might be on trial with some players, AAU & prep school coaches etc?
I would think some would be taking a wait and see approach, similar to when Deane Smith retired. Any difficulty they had at that time was ultimately just a speed bump. We'll see if they can keep it going.

I would think some would be taking a wait and see approach, similar to when Deane Smith retired. Any difficulty they had at that time was ultimately just a speed bump. We'll see if they can keep it going.
There were 2 other UNC coaches spanning 6 or so years between Dean Smith and Roy Williams - Bill Guthridge and Matt Doherty.

There were 2 other UNC coaches spanning 6 or so years between Dean Smith and Roy Williams - Bill Guthridge and Matt Doherty.
Yeah. They were the speed bump I mentioned.

Ultimately recruiting suffered little. Roy had a decent cupboard full of talent when he arrived and took no time to get things going.

Yeah. They were the speed bump I mentioned.

Ultimately recruiting suffered little. Roy had a decent cupboard full of talent when he arrived and took no time to get things going.
True but the game and recruiting has changed - that’s why Roy left coaching. As Davis even said ‘“Things have changed. Kids have changed. The game has changed. We have to adapt. We have to get better,”We’ve got to go to the transfer portal and find big-time players that want to be a part of this unbelievable program that can play right away and be big-time players out there on the floor.” Davis and UNC as you stated will survive and in time probably thrive but they are going to rely on the portal much more than developing freshman players only to leave for other programs. UNC and Roy,Dean etc were known and excelled at stability in their roster and keeping kids there - I doubt untested freshman will be a priority to develop at UNC and many other big time programs.

Kids a basketball player, a hooper. IMO more an instinctual player like melo, Devo, Dion, Hughes and Flynn. Talking about attitude and style, not skills/talent. He certainly has a high ceiling though
Thing I love about him and his game, is he's really steady... Doesn't get to hyped over good plays nor down on bad, very even other than an occasional release. We were laughing, because it might take a few minutes for your to realize he's going at you until 7-8 points later... because you didn't even realize you had pissed him off.

Thing I love about him and his game, is he's really steady... Doesn't get to hyped over good plays nor down on bad, very even other than an occasional release. We were laughing, because it might take a few minutes for your to realize he's going at you until 7-8 points later... because you didn't even realize you had pissed him off.
Yep, I agree. It's a different swag than the in your face, tell you about every little play, look at me kind of swag, but it is swag nonetheless. JJ looks like he knows he can score whenever he wants to. And, man he looks good in Orange, all these guys do. JJ, Chance, Justin and Flip. Orange is their color. And, obviously Kamari, but he already figured that out.

Yep, I agree. It's a different swag than the in your face, tell you about every little play, look at me kind of swag, but it is swag nonetheless. JJ looks like he knows he can score whenever he wants to. And, man he looks good in Orange, all these guys do. JJ, Chance, Justin and Flip. Orange is their color. And, obviously Kamari, but he already figured that out.
JJ and Justin with Kamari plus a Big would be a great class

Status
Not open for further replies.