Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? How many SU fans want to Bville games? Friends and family, that’s it. No one watched JJ grown up. Outside of this board, few know who he is.
I knew about him in 8th grade through my son, who was in school with him. Kid has always liked UNC. In his lifetime, they play much more exciting a basketball than SU.
I can walk to Bville games in 5 minutes. I have been to one game in the 30 years I have lived in the village. That was to see a kid at Henniger, which was when I first saw Ben Cronin, as a sophomore.
I'm friends with a kid that went to school with him last year before he transferred. Die hard UNC fan

In watching his most recent videos he plays more like a shooting guard than a point. Kid can drain it from 3 , quick release and can create.

You wouldn’t give a rats ass about him if he sucked at sports. He owes you nothing.
You obviously don’t know who your talking too. That’s cuserunner. We owe him everything. Everyone owes him everything. We operate on his timetable and so does every one else, get with the program.

I'll disagree with the premise, but not the conclusion.

I don't think that UNC is going to pursue him -- but JJ has lots of great offers. He'll take his time and do due diligence, which is why SU needs to continue to actively recruit. I'd like to see them take two guards this class -- JJ is just one of several great prospects we are pursuing. If JJ wants to come back to play for his hometown team, awesome. First come, first serve.
We definitely have a strong chance for JJ to stay home, not general recruiting information but those that know, know. He is a really a great kid, known him since he was 7, thought he would end up playing football funny thing. His father and I came up together (he was a pretty good baller in his day), great guy and a really beautiful family. If we do get him, he will be special here. When I look at his overall game, he'll remind people of a lighter, quicker version of Brandon Triche. He can play either guard spot (and really transition to the spot when he's there), strong, athletic, good passer, can score and he's a tough kid. Would love to see him here. Also, he plays both ways, no dogging it.

Getting pretty close to signing up for whatever this new SI thing is that McAllister is working for. Seems to be putting together things I want to look at on a near daily basis and I click on them and then can't read the damn things.

We definitely have a strong chance for JJ to stay home, not general recruiting information but those that know, know. He is a really a great kid, known him since he was 7, thought he would end up playing football funny thing. His father and I came up together (he was a pretty good baller in his day), great guy and a really beautiful family. If we do get him, he will be special here. When I look at his overall game, he'll remind people of a lighter, quicker version of Brandon Triche. He can play either guard spot (and really transition to the spot when he's there), strong, athletic, good passer, can score and he's a tough kid. Would love to see him here. Also, he plays both ways, no dogging it.
I love to hear the “ He is a really great kid…and a really beautiful family… “.
I hope he goes Orange, but best of luck to him wherever he may go in life !

Great post. Has always seemed like more of an off the radar type recruiting sitch

Kids a basketball player, a hooper. IMO more an instinctual player like melo, Devo, Dion, Hughes and Flynn. Talking about attitude and style, not skills/talent. He certainly has a high ceiling though

I wish JJ, Westry and Copeland were in different classes, like just one of them was 2023 because I like them all as players ALOT and I think we have a very realistic shot to land any of them. Unfortunately we can’t take all 3. I just wish we could have a guard rotation of Symir, Westry, JJ and Copeland. That’s bringing it back to what we are used too. All those players are good, bring some swagger, attitude are athletic and can play. Butttttt that won’t happen unfortunately lol

I wish JJ, Westry and Copeland were in different classes, like just one of them was 2023 because I like them all as players ALOT and I think we have a very realistic shot to land any of them. Unfortunately we can’t take all 3. I just wish we could have a guard rotation of Symir, Westry, JJ and Copeland. That’s bringing it back to what we are used too. All those players are good, bring some swagger, attitude are athletic and can play. Butttttt that won’t happen unfortunately lol

We are NOT remotely “used too” (sic) having 4 guards like that, unless you harken back to 2012.

We’re taking about ‘22 class.

So - it’s been a DECADE since we’ve had that quantity and quality of guard talent at Cuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom