Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backyard kid who is a 5 star.. not the only fish we are after but would be a great get.
At one time, in my mind, he was kind of the afterthought. I would have to apologize to him, because after watching a couple of his high school games and now these AAU games, the kid is an absolute stud, who plays with quiet rage. He is a killer. I hope we land him.

Will JJ be a 5 star before too long? I'm thinking after the weekend he had and the rest of the summer to show out that he might end up being one. He got a lot of attention this weekend...Stay home JJ!

I said Dame earlier, I am sticking with that.

Will JJ be a 5 star before too long? I'm thinking after the weekend he had and the rest of the summer to show out that he might end up being one. He got a lot of attention this weekend...Stay home JJ!

The best parts of that video is not the made shot: it is 1) that he wanted the ball, and 2) his teammate wanted him to have it.

The best parts of that video is not the made shot: it is 1) that he wanted the ball, and 2) his teammate wanted him to have it.
Yep, and he knew exactly how far he could get and it wasn’t a heave. He has so much poise.

If we landed this kid the whole Dior debacle would be the ultimate blessing in disguise.
I know it's hard to scout a kid on highlight videos but if this kid isn't totally legit I will be shocked.

I'm just wicked pumped for the day we can wear these.
0EF96C8C-2FE6-4FA1-BA93-A71169932206.jpeg

This recruitment is one of the reasons we cut bait with Dior. Would take JJ 100 of 100 times if given the choice between the two.

Can play both guard positions. Could be paired with Trey Autry - which would be an extremely physical backcourt.

JJ has NBA type talent.

Want.

This recruitment is one of the reasons we cut bait with Dior. Would take JJ 100 of 100 times if given the choice between the two.

Can play both guard positions. Could be paired with Trey Autry - which would be an extremely physical backcourt.

JJ has NBA type talent.

Want.
JJ has attitude and I like that in a guard

JJ has NBA type talent.

Want.
I like the idea of a Westry/Starling backcourt. Both good sized combo guards.

I’ll take Taylor over any two guard we‘re looking at. If Chance and JJ can play point, either will be great.
I like Taylor, as well. I am greedy. I want a class of Westry (1/2), Starling (2/1), Taylor (2/3), Lands (3/2) and Filipowski (4/5). Before everyone tells me why it won’t happen, I get it. This is just what I want. There was a time Copeland was in there in place of JJ, but The more I see JJ, the more I realize the kid is a straight up winner. I still like Copeland, he is a bad man. I would be really happy if he chose Syracuse.

Some local players used to have an affinity toward the orange ,not sure if that’s true anymore. Hope JJ does.

Some local players used to have an affinity toward the orange ,not sure if that’s true anymore. Hope JJ does.
It fluctuates at times over the years.. while these kids typically grow up rooting for and loving the Orange as their team, the reality is it has not always worked out good for local guys to play hoops on the hill. Some kids just need to get away from Syracuse, the pressure on local kids when there's no game and their back out in the community is crazy. Like really crazy! The same with football to a point, although there are more success stories. I think JJ would do well on the hill (ala the Triche boys) and his family will shield him from a lot of the crazy BS, plus... he's just a super focused kid.

It fluctuates at times over the years.. while these kids typically grow up rooting for and loving the Orange as their team, the reality is it has not always worked out good for local guys to play hoops on the hill. Some kids just need to get away from Syracuse, the pressure on local kids when there's no game and their back out in the community is crazy. Like really crazy! The same with football to a point, although there are more success stories. I think JJ would do well on the hill (ala the Triche boys) and his family will shield him from a lot of the crazy BS, plus... he's just a super focused kid.
Agree all around. Good points. But, man, who is the last local or even upstate guy to come in on the football side and make a huge impact? Chandler Jones (Union-Endicott, Section 4)?

Agree all around. Good points. But, man, who is the last local or even upstate guy to come in on the football side and make a huge impact? Chandler Jones (Union-Endicott, Section 4)?

Well, that local kid who knifed a few of his teammates "made a huge impact", but not in a positive way. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.