Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was Bazely? Because it feels a lot like that.
Dior -- eh, I felt like we never had him. Lands was going to be our stud, though.

I still have a feeling that someday they'll be on the same NBA team, cutting down the nets as SU fans wonder what might have been.

The only ones surprised are a few here that were running the narrative that he valued a great education so much that he'd go one year there instead of lowly Syracuse (or somewhere else) because of academic reasons. Just a reminder to a few... one and done's aren't looking at academics unless it has three letters included... n b a
He obviously values academics and a private institution. Notre Dame, Duke and NW are highly rated private schools.

No other way to look at it other then he really wants to come to SU, but wants to see if someone else can grab his interest. He's been around the Cuse his entire life, he knows what's here. Does he take a chance in going elsewhere cause the grass is always greener, or stay home and do the "known entity" thing? Tough choice.
He will be a sure fire NBA pick if he comes to SU. Nobody treats guards with his skills better than JB.

What was Bazely? Because it feels a lot like that.
Dior -- eh, I felt like we never had him. Lands was going to be our stud, though.
Bazley hurt, no doubt, but it’s not like he’s the first to leave schools at the alter. People thought it was different when the one and done was over. Found this interesting article

I think someone else mentioned this but why couldn't he, or anyone else, become a paid spokesman for syracusefan.com. I think our payside could fund it.
Could we do an annual midnight madness type scrimmage to benefit all players, or is 'pay for play' not allowed?

So, am I going to lock this thread, or are we going to talk about JJ?

Your choice.
I want to know why Dash is worried about ND. Is it because of playing time?

I know Hubb, Goodwin, Ryan and Wertz are seniors. That is a lot of playing time opening up, even if a couple of them return for the extra season.

I want to know why Dash is worried about ND. Is it because of playing time?

I know Hubb, Goodwin, Ryan and Wertz are seniors. That is a lot of playing time opening up, even if a couple of them return for the extra season.
Notre Dame should be the least of out worries. It's Cuse Duke or Stanford. And no he didn't take another official to Stanford because they aren't recruiting him well enough, he visited very recently

Yeah. Does Duke have any competition that might sway this left to commit?

They did just get a guard in the 22 class Dariq Whitehead not too long ago. Not sure how that plays out. Also I'm not convinced Roach will be ready to jump pro so that makes at least two guys. Not sure about other recruits for them...

Some have labeled Whitehead as a forward though as I am reading so...

Duke steamrolled the competition with Flip. I really don't like them being the last visit for JJ as it appears now...
neither do I. Last usually wins out. Close: “Your assist numbers will be outta sight just by passing to Flip. You’re guaranteed one and done….then on to millions in the NBA. We have the best agents to introduce you to, blah, blah, blah”. JJ signs then and there on the dotted line. ( I wish my mind said otherwise, but this is how Dook operates)

Yeah. Does Duke have any competition that might sway this left to commit?
According to Verbal Commits, Duke has only offered 2 other guards outside of JJ Starling and Dariq Whitehead (committed 5 star). Anthony Black (4 star) seems to have Crystal Balls for Vtech and the other guard is right outside of the top 100.

Also, Duke can easily get good guards from the transfer portal if need be.

Sounds like we mismanaged the entire situation….not the first time either.
Really? Why? Because we probably won't get him? Kids would rather play for Duke. In the last 50 years, We rarely beat them out for players they wanted. The kid isn't a Syracuse fan. He is a UNC fan and if they would have offered, this would have been wrapped up long ago.
We are still trying. I guess we shouldn't have taken Dior Johnson. A lifelong Syracuse fan. Or the commit from Lands.
I am not a big fan on how we have recruited in the past. But for the life of me, I can't imagine what we could have not done to make you say that. If we were all in from the jump, i think we would be right where we are right now. Fighting for our lives. We aren't out of it just behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom