Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Why? Because we probably won't get him? Kids would rather play for Duke. In the last 50 years, We rarely beat them out for players they wanted. The kid isn't a Syracuse fan. He is a UNC fan and if they would have offered, this would have been wrapped up long ago.
We are still trying. I guess we shouldn't have taken Dior Johnson. A lifelong Syracuse fan. Or the commit from Lands.
I am not a big fan on how we have recruited in the past. But for the life of me, I can't imagine what we could have not done to make you say that. If we were all in from the jump, i think we would be right where we are right now. Fighting for our lives. We aren't out of it just behind.

No. Going all in on Lands for 6 months will cost us just like it did with Bazely no matter how you put it. Maybe they turn it around, but it doesn’t seem like we know where to go post Lands.

Really? Why? Because we probably won't get him? Kids would rather play for Duke. In the last 50 years, We rarely beat them out for players they wanted. The kid isn't a Syracuse fan. He is a UNC fan and if they would have offered, this would have been wrapped up long ago.
We are still trying. I guess we shouldn't have taken Dior Johnson. A lifelong Syracuse fan. Or the commit from Lands.
I am not a big fan on how we have recruited in the past. But for the life of me, I can't imagine what we could have not done to make you say that. If we were all in from the jump, i think we would be right where we are right now. Fighting for our lives. We aren't out of it just behind.
Yeah you can’t hold this against the staff

this appears to be trending to Duke…
The article said his recent visit to Stanford counts as one of his 5 senior year officials. Wonder if they still in play.

I don’t know I don’t think selling a player on “the guy we took and who publicly said he’d play at the top of zone is no longer coming so we need you now” isn’t exactly a way to make a player feel prioritized. Especially someone we’ve been on for years

I get it though, the staff almost had to take Lands commitment no matter how big of a surprise it was - I’m sure that bumped us down on JJs list. And the staff absolutely has to circle back now but I’m sure it’s not easy.

I’m not sure how much differently the staff could handle it, but this isn’t like “JG3 is leaving early so you can step on campus and start day 1”. In other words, a situation with a player on the current roster drastically changes; not we lose 2 commitments from your class. We were able to do it with Kadary when we lost out on AJax but we’ve been recruiting JJ for years. I bet he feels some type of way about the Lands thing

I don’t know I don’t think selling a player on “the guy we took and who publicly said he’d play at the top of zone is no longer coming so we need you now” isn’t exactly a way to make a player feel prioritized. Especially someone we’ve been on for years

I get it though, the staff almost had to take Lands commitment no matter how big of a surprise it was - I’m sure that bumped us down on JJs list. And the staff absolutely has to circle back now but I’m sure it’s not easy.

I’m not sure how much differently the staff could handle it, but this isn’t like “JG3 is leaving early so you can step on campus and start day 1”. In other words, a situation with a player on the current roster drastically changes; not we lose 2 commitments from your class. We were able to do it with Kadary when we lost out on AJax but we’ve been recruiting JJ for years. I bet he feels some type of way about the Lands thing
They never stopped recruiting him. Any talk contrary to that is incorrect. The always wanted him. They also always had their doubts about Lands. Long before he bolted, they were still recruiting guys at that position.

I don’t blame the staff if we lose JJ. The level of disappointment would be monumental to me.
Especially if he lands at Duke.
Let’s hope he see the (Orange) light !

Hoping we don't see that the upcoming OV here is just a courtesy sort of thing in hindsight when he ends up choosing.

I don’t blame the staff if we lose JJ. The level of disappointment would be monumental to me.
Especially if he lands at Duke.
Let’s hope he see the (Orange) light !
How can you not blame the staff. Who you do blame? We can’t even lock down players in our own back yard. We are obviously lacking something. This is not acceptable. Both cheaters in NC have stepped down. We still can’t take advantage of that?

Last edited:
How can you not blame the staff. Who you do blame? We can’t even lock down players in our own back yard. We are obviously lacking something. This is not acceptable
Why would you need to blame anyone for this? It seems insane to me.

Duke's boosters pay 3 or 4 kids per year hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to Duke. If Starling gets that offer he will probably go to Duke because that's a lot of money. If he doesn't get that offer there is a VERY good chance he comes to SU, out of all the beautiful colleges on this country. I just don't see where there is any blame to be given here.

Why would you need to blame anyone for this? It seems insane to me.

Duke's boosters pay 3 or 4 kids per year hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to Duke. If Starling gets that offer he will probably go to Duke because that's a lot of money. If he doesn't get that offer there is a VERY good chance he comes to SU, out of all the beautiful colleges on this country. I just don't see where there is any blame to be given here.
You don’t see a problem here? We are trending in the wrong direction.

Last edited:
I can’t even bare to allow myself to expect we get him.

Like spending your last 5 bucks on a lottery ticket instead of eating

I wish and hope but expect no go

Most kids from Carolina stay home. The top kids will stay in state.
No. The college basketball world is filled with great players from NYC, NJ and Philly.
Carolina has had a pipeline to NYC since Frank McGuire. Duke had guys like Laettner, Hurley, Jay Williams, etc. In the NE, and California a lot great players leave.

The Duke/UNC/State/Wake/ECU/App St/Charlotte/Wilmington/High Point/etc. identity culture in Carolina is unique. Nothing like it in NY.

Apples to oranges comparison there. They’ve got arguably the two best programs in the country in their state, plus two more ACC programs.

I suspect that if we had another “Syracuse”, plus two more ACC programs in NY, that most NY kids would stay home.

How old are you? Man, there is no problem if a kid decides to go to Duke.
Unless they’re getting bad advice (Jordan Tucker, TBD on Filipowski).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom