Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets hope we dont strike out on all three.
1618751446143.jpeg

Speaking of city rocks

Marcus Sales Jr is on the 13U Syracuse City Rocks

They have a couple real good potential prospects on that squad, just won a tournament in PA

Didn't expect to feel old today

Funny how this recruitment seemed slow for us but now seems like this might be who we are zeroing in on.

"The No. 104 prospect in the class of 2022,

J.J. Starling
does not lack options. The four-star point guard has a small list of offers that span major conferences. He’s not narrowed his focus and declines to name a favorite, but the Upstate New York-native says he’s in most frequent contact with in-state Syracuse, which seems to have a leg up when it comes to building a relationship with the dynamic playmaker.

“I talk to Syracuse the most. We talk on the phone the most,” Starling said. “We both call each other a lot. Like I said, there’s a lot of colleges that have already offered and talk to me, but I just talk to Syracuse the most probably.”

Starling says he’s loosely familiar with the campus and knows plenty about Jim Boeheim’s program, but may still elect to take an official visit to the in-state program when it’s time to make that call. The Orange seem like a good bet to remain in the mix until the end.

“I’d still go on a visit there because I’m familiar with it but I don’t know everything. I’ve been to a couple games but I haven't had the chance to really see everything else yet.

“I have a lot of friends back at home and around Syracuse. They tell me I can come in and play right away -- be a scorer for them.”

Funny how this recruitment seemed slow for us but now seems like this might be who we are zeroing in on.

"The No. 104 prospect in the class of 2022,

J.J. Starling
does not lack options. The four-star point guard has a small list of offers that span major conferences. He’s not narrowed his focus and declines to name a favorite, but the Upstate New York-native says he’s in most frequent contact with in-state Syracuse, which seems to have a leg up when it comes to building a relationship with the dynamic playmaker.

“I talk to Syracuse the most. We talk on the phone the most,” Starling said. “We both call each other a lot. Like I said, there’s a lot of colleges that have already offered and talk to me, but I just talk to Syracuse the most probably.”

Starling says he’s loosely familiar with the campus and knows plenty about Jim Boeheim’s program, but may still elect to take an official visit to the in-state program when it’s time to make that call. The Orange seem like a good bet to remain in the mix until the end.

“I’d still go on a visit there because I’m familiar with it but I don’t know everything. I’ve been to a couple games but I haven't had the chance to really see everything else yet.

“I have a lot of friends back at home and around Syracuse. They tell me I can come in and play right away -- be a scorer for them.”
Wow this has me pumped. The conventional wisdom seemed to be he wanted to go away from home. Thrilled we are in this. Would be a huge get to have a natural, ultra talented pg.

Wow this has me pumped. The conventional wisdom seemed to be he wanted to go away from home. Thrilled we are in this. Would be a huge get to have a natural, ultra talented pg.

Maybe being at La Lumiere has scratched his “need to be away from home” itch?

As long as we get at least one of JJ or Quadir as our PG for ‘22, we’ll be in excellent shape there.

Lands, Taylor, Flip, and FFF it - Clingan!

Oh, and miraculously Benny comes back for a 2nd year.

(Homer whisper - I’m trying to speak it into existence)

As long as we get at least one of JJ or Quadir as our PG for ‘22, we’ll be in excellent shape there.

That would be stacked!!!

I just watched a full La Lumiere game. JJ is so good. Between he, Copeland and Westry, we are in on three really great players. We will be lucky to get any of them. But, we could really use 2 of the 3 and they could play together. I know, I am dreaming.

So...what's Dior Johnson doing these days?

Hopefully the time he’s spent away has helped us and makes him want to come back home.

22 class is back to looking like it could be a monster. Let's get some more dominoes to fall.

I think Starling is more of a combo than point, but would love to have him.

The plan is Benny to be here for 2 years ... unless he absolutely explodes next year (which probably means we have a good year)

Status
Not open for further replies.