Class of 2017 - PG Jose Alvarado (NY) to Ga Tech | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Jose Alvarado (NY) to Ga Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say is that if anybody thinks that these kind of stuff goes down without the HC knowing. Well hey we can talk about some bridges out in Brooklyn that I can sell you for a really good price.;)
It's funny, if you read quotes by Cal, he is pretty slick when it comes to covering his own butt while he tries to call out others. I believe it was him that had a quote where he was saying that coaches know EVERYTHING that goes on at their campus, but outside of campus is difficult.

Francis03 thanks. This is exactly what I wanted. I didn't mean to put words in your mouth just trying to make sense of what you were implying by referring to cuseraised's post. As someone who keeps an eye on recruiting, but doesn't really know the world, is nice to get a peek from someone more familiar.

So another question then: what role do the coaches play in all this shady stuff? Like is Coach K actively coordinating (just as an example) or does it happen without him knowing? Or would he know but just ignore?

*Hypothetically*

The smart coaches protect themselves by making sure they are isolated from any direct knowledge of wrongdoing. Coach to key booster: "This is the kid we want. Make it happen."

Then occasionally there is a Bobby Cremins...

Also, a guy I know who is really plugged into the recruiting scene told me that Cal is actually pretty clean these days. The recent success of his players in the pros has made it easier for him to get recruits in a legit manner. Not sure what to think on that one... just relating what I was told.

*Hypothetically*

The smart coaches protect themselves by making sure they are isolated from any direct knowledge of wrongdoing. Coach to key booster: "This is the kid we want. Make it happen."

Then occasionally there is a Bobby Cremins...

Also, a guy I know who is really plugged into the recruiting scene told me that Cal is actually pretty clean these days. The recent success of his players in the pros has made it easier for him to get recruits in a legit manner. Not sure what to think on that one... just relating what I was told.
That is believable, to an extent. However, with Duke recruiting better than them, I can see Cal picking it up again.

Wasn't there mention of DaJuan Coleman's fam being offered a house in the Lexington when he was being recruited by UK? Also, I've heard a some stories through a few Bball players from Chicago that I've worked with about Jabari Parker catching some serious bags at Duke... it's out there

Wasn't there mention of DaJuan Coleman's fam being offered a house in the Lexington when he was being recruited by UK? Also, I've heard a some stories through a few Bball players from Chicago that I've worked with about Jabari Parker catching some serious bags at Duke... it's out there
I don't know about that, but someone,I know who was connected academically to DC in HS said DC was told he would not have to go to class or take tests at UK.
That turned DC off to UK, and he felt insulted

Any news as to a possible offer here? A certain website lists that we've offered, but haven't seen that backed up anywhere else.

I seen him play several times. He's not a bad player but I would have never thought he was an SU caliber player. He's about 5'11 maybe 6'0 being generous the last time I saw him. Again, he's not bad but I would have never thought SU would be recruiting him. I think he got some looks from a lot of schools when he was playing with Rawle Alkins. He played with Ren's this summer and did a good job for the most part getting Hamidou and Jordan Tucker the ball. They also had Jordan Nwora. I'm shocked about this one as I am about Isiaha Washington too.

I seen him play several times. He's not a bad player but I would have never thought he was an SU caliber player. He's about 5'11 maybe 6'0 being generous the last time I saw him. Again, he's not bad but I would have never thought SU would be recruiting him. I think he got some looks from a lot of schools when he was playing with Rawle Alkins. He played with Ren's this summer and did a good job for the most part getting Hamidou and Jordan Tucker the ball. They also had Jordan Nwora. I'm shocked about this one as I am about Isiaha Washington too.
Choices are kinda limited when you only recruit 25% of the country...

Choices are kinda limited when you only recruit 25% of the country...

Quade killed him! When they recently matched up Quade had 18 points and won the game. Jose had 5 points. I'm not sure how many assists though.

Jose had 5 points and 7 assists. Quade had 18 points, 11 assists, and 3 steals.
I have no issue if we go with Alvarado for pg '17, as long as he comes with Diallo and Tucker... And this coming season proves Howard can start at the point for a couple of years...

Normally, I could see this guy go to Miami, or play for Frank Martin at South Carolina.

Syracuse was the school Hami wanted to go to, but like Quade he has blown up since then so who knows.

Normally, I could see this guy go to Miami, or play for Frank Martin at South Carolina.

Yeah Miami seems to go after those small point guards now. Angel Rodriguez just graduated but there is NO way they would recruit Jose when Chris Lykes just committed out of the 2017 class. Lykes is only about 5'6 but the kid has SERIOUS game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom