Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 100 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it is impossible to quantify, but how much do you think it benefited him going up against JW everyday at practice?
Just my personal opinion but I think they all benefitted from it. John was totally confident and Sekunda and Lazor didn’t back down. They made him work hard. I doubt they were best buddies from the competitiveness but they were battling for playing time and respect. They had to gain confidence to go against Wallace everyday in practice and he from them. They are 2 of the few players who transferred and were very successful because they knew they could compete against anyone if they could battle Wallace.

I finally made it to page 100!
I saw today’s great news on the main board and came over here to the recruiting board and spent the last 8 hours or so catching up on the 60+ pages I was behind by reading every message.

What a crazy, wide ride!! Not Judah’s announcement but this board. Even though I have always lived in Minnesota I feel great Syracuse connection because of this board.

Thank you Syracusefan.com!!!

Just my personal opinion but I think they all benefitted from it. John was totally confident and Sekunda and Lazor didn’t back down. They made him work hard. I doubt they were best buddies from the competitiveness but they were battling for playing time and respect. They had to gain confidence to go against Wallace everyday in practice. They are 2 of the few players who transferred and were very successful because they knew they could compete against anyone if they could battle Wallace.
I don't think it's just your opinion, I think it is FACT. Without a full roster or damn near close to it, we can never maximize the ceiling of any team. This year we didn't even have enough scholarship players to scrimmage. What kind of logic is that? Nobody was competing for his job. Guys were comfortable. They looked like it on the floor. The only one that looked like he was competing for anything was Benny, and it had him a wreck. It was just bad coaching this year, in my opinion. Our guys were not put in the proper environment to compete and improve. That's ok, there were extenuating circumstances, coaching your kids has to throw you...but, next year has to be a bounce back year. Examine the roster, make moves, fill the spots with the best players you can possibly get. I want Cole back, but if we have a spot open for a forward, I hope we grab a guy that can push Cole. We need a back up center, don't grab the easy guy, tell Jesse that we are going to get a guy that is going to challenge him for playing time, so he better be on his toes. But, that guy is going to make him better and vice versa.

mclovin GIF

If there is interest, we can try. We should do a board chat soon for hoops. Maybe after Cole decides and we see who we get from the portal. Mike Waters might be a better choice though.
I don't know if Mike knows how to set up a chat. I think you're the best choice, Tom.

to think we actually will have speed in the backcourt...Torrence and Mintz.
No doubt Girard will start as a "2". But you have to wonder if over the course of the season,
Mintz and Torrence look like a more "solid" backcourt in all phases of the game.
If Swider stays, Cuse has options for scoring.

No doubt Girard will start as a "2". But you have to wonder if over the course of the season,
Mintz and Torrence look like a more "solid" backcourt in all phases of the game.
Solid or not, Joe will get 30+mpg

To me, it was a very frustrating year with very little areas of encouragement. We lost to teams that we normally beat. I do not remember if we beat a team truly better than us (maybe one). Our recruiting was a roller coaster of we are in on this player, he is coming and then he’s not. We had some good games from Buddy, Jim Jr, Joe and Cole but it did not seem like a cohesive team. Benny was not playing as projected.
The hate/negativity that some posters put on the board about the coaching staff was (probably had some merit) unnerving.

I longed for the days like Dasher referred to when the board was fun to read and it seemed more positive than negative.

Just one day (yesterday) has lifted me out of my doldrums, made me smile and feel good about Syracuse basketball again. There is reason for optimism. We have a very good recruiting class (I know that we missed on some high recruits but looking back at them, we are probably better off) with a lot of potential that can be real good in a couple of years. We have a recruit that has potential to really improve an area we need improving.

At least for now, the sun is shining (somewhere) and Syracuse basketball fans are feeling good.

I think people greatly undervalue Girard’ s development and what he brings to the game.

The thing that always set SU apart under JB was that teams were dedicated to the system. It’s what allowed JB’s teams to be ready early in the season. Guys that had been in the program were accustomed to the zone and how things were done. If you had to plug in a new player or two each year, you could do that. The system worked.

I think what we are seeing with the transfer portal and the current mercenary-like environment in college basketball is negating some of the core benefits of the system. Joe and Buddy were returners… they knew what to do and regardless of whatever footspeed deficiencies they may have, they were the system. Add Swider and Jimmy to the lineup and they were starting almost from scratch. Same with Benny and Symir and Frank. Jesse had a little experience in the system and was rounding into form mid season.

I think the system is difficult to conform to a revolving door of players. I hope I’m wrong because the system isn’t changing immediately. I suspect that’s why JB has hinted at possibly playing some M2M. I think maybe he knows that at some point he may need to let the players rely more on their athleticism, and less on a structure of play.

Last edited:
I think the ball will be in mintz’s hands mostly so you probably want Joe in there pulling a defender

I bet they’ll be a great 1-2 punch together BUT, Joe’s going to be a star next year. Book it.

Went down the rabbit hole of watching recent footage of Copeland and damn that kid is big physical and fast and seems like he plays with a chip on his shoulder. Him and Mintz going at in practice will very entertaining.
I am hoping that by the end of the season, we are going to have a problem keeping a few guys off of the floor.

I am hoping that by the end of the season, we are going to have a problem keeping a few guys off of the floor.
I know what you mean by this and it’s a good problem to have but in todays college basketball that scares me as it would probably mean a few transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom