Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 101 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went down the rabbit hole of watching recent footage of Copeland and damn that kid is big physical and fast and seems like he plays with a chip on his shoulder. Him and Mintz going at in practice will very entertaining.
I hope Copeland can have an upside similar to Battle. Eventually.

Already picturing a lineup a year or two down the road like

Copeland
Mintz
Taylor
Benny
Jesse

on paper seems like a very Syracuse roster of the past...

If Mintz is the real deal as it appears, it may be one year is all we get. That is OK though. By year two hopefully the other youngsters are rocking and rolling and we can add from the 23 class.

I'm back in!!!!!

I'll tell ya tomorrow at 4:30
Going through the saga the last two days (100% worth it), I think we need to investigate this guy right here. These are from Wednesday when it was almost entirely still doom and gloom about Mintz. Even those of us in the know were still feeling pessimistic. But not this man...hmmm... is this the great Marc Fiscarelli?? The great hero of our time?? Did he put cali in his name as a distraction? Is this the man who deserves all the free beer in Syracuse??

To me, it was a very frustrating year with very little areas of encouragement. We lost to teams that we normally beat. I do not remember if we beat a team truly better than us (maybe one). Our recruiting was a roller coaster of we are in on this player, he is coming and then he’s not. We had some good games from Buddy, Jim Jr, Joe and Cole but it did not seem like a cohesive team. Benny was not playing as projected.
The hate/negativity that some posters put on the board about the coaching staff was (probably had some merit) unnerving.

I longed for the days like Dasher referred to when the board was fun to read and it seemed more positive than negative.

Just one day (yesterday) has lifted me out of my doldrums, made me smile and feel good about Syracuse basketball again. There is reason for optimism. We have a very good recruiting class (I know that we missed on some high recruits but looking back at them, we are probably better off) with a lot of potential that can be real good in a couple of years. We have a recruit that has potential to really improve an area we need improving.

At least for now, the sun is shining (somewhere) and Syracuse basketball fans are feeling good.
True love is…complicated.

Just my personal opinion but I think they all benefitted from it. John was totally confident and Sekunda and Lazor didn’t back down. They made him work hard. I doubt they were best buddies from the competitiveness but they were battling for playing time and respect. They had to gain confidence to go against Wallace everyday in practice. They are 2 of the few players who transferred and were very successful because they knew they could compete against anyone if they could battle Wallace.
Hughes, Duncan, and Roe were successful, because of practice against Rony, DC, Stevie, Sherm. That's why those teams could compete against anyone.
Back then if players left new better players were coming in except at point guard.

just going back thru this glorious thread - this was where I had my first "damn we might actually get him" thought
Also, I think UBandCuse needs some love for this post a few weeks back. I am not saying it's the post that changed my mind, but it's the post that kept me hanging around. Man, was it worth it.

That hour or so between that first CB and all the rest flipping was one Heck of Ride.
Long time lurker, first time poster because I have to put my observations out there. I started following this forum and recruiting in 2015 when I was in high school. I primarily get my info off of social media because I grew up with it and with a computer science degree that I focused heavily in social media and analytics, I’ve come to notice patterns over the years by trying to disseminate info from recruits social media accounts and posts. Two things I will say that I have noticed about Mintz that typically in the past has led to commitments. The first being that Mintz follows every Syracuse recruit on instagram. He follows a few recruits from the other schools but no where near the love he appears to have for our players and recruiting class. The other thing that is interesting is him wanting to play with Zion Cruz. They were together briefly at Oak Hill and it seems like there was something odd that happened that drove both Dior and Zion out of there. This is just a theory but there could’ve always been some bad blood between all of them since Mintz was going to get a lot of minutes. The other trends I’ve noticed as well with our recruiting class is that they are actively recruiting him hard on his posts and reposting his clips on their stories. I noticed Quadir had reposted his clip with an orange heart the other day, so even Quadir who people think feels threatened by Mintz coming and taking time from him is actively recruiting him and seems perfectly fine with staying if he commits. The only school that might have another reason for him going there is NC State, and that’s because his girlfriend goes to NC A&T but we all know how that goes. Last but certainly not least, I’ve seen recruits slip little hints here and there as to where they are going on social media. His twitter likes aren’t revealing but the tik tok (trust me I hate it just as much as you old folks) that was posted here interestingly had a picture of him in his syracuse jersey while on the visit amongst a collage of pictures of him playing basletball “all grown up” with the caption “how bad did it hurt”. Take what you will from that but to me its him saying “look at me back in the day and look at me now and where I’ve made it”. Also interesting no other school visit photos were posted in that video or any others. Again just observations of mine and I hate to try and inspire false hope if things are trending poorly but hey I wouldn’t be mad if it was right.

Also, I think UBandCuse needs some love for this post a few weeks back. I am not saying it's the post that changed my mind, but it's the post that kept me hanging around. Man, was it worth it.

That hour or so between that first CB and all the rest flipping was one Heck of Ride.
For sure!

No doubt. Some great insight in that post by UBandCuse. I must say it was the first time I also said, maybe we have a punchers chance- but I still held back because of the Chance Westry debacle. In this case the kid appears to have held to his guns, hangers-on be damned!

If Cole stays we have a very solid 6

Mintz
Girard
Benny
Cole
Jesse

Symir

After that is unknown. We really need a back up center and a decent versatile forward from the portal. If we get those 2 things from the portal this is a top 25 team
Against smaller teams I’d like to see Symir play forward on D, point guard on O.

Nice to have a happy ending (here and otherwise). At the end of the day all things considered I'd rather have Judah than Dior and especially Lands, who I'm not convinced will ever play college basketball and who I feared was vastly overrated when he committed here. It is nice to get a top talent without the diva baggage the other two would have brought. I'm doubtful that our other commits would have been as supportive of Dior or Lands as they have been with Judah.

Last edited:

Indeed - an excellent post and think there are some interesting takeaways

Mainly that the recruiting (and society) has changed over the years, and understanding social media is crucial for deciphering the tea leaves of recruiting. It's part of the process. And the younger generation will be very useful for navigating this environment

How firm is this commitment?

Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 5.44.09 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.