Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you wouldn't lol, Judah is elite
Here we go again, thinking a high school player is better than an established college player. How many times has this board said that only to be disappointed. I don't care where you play in high school, the jump to P5 college basketball is huge unless you are somebody like Zion, Banchero, Anthony Davis or a Top 5 recruit. For everybody else, all you can hope for is contributing positive minutes.

Last edited:
Here we go again, thinking a high school player is better than established college player. How many times has this board said that only to be disappointed. I don't care where you play in high school, the jump to P5 college basketball is huge unless you are somebody like Zion, Banchero, Anthony Davis or a Top 5 recruit. For everybody else, all you can hope for is contributing positive minutes.

It's difficult to find a kid these days that can come right in and produce. You can only watch and hope. Mintz passes the looks test, comes through Oak Hill which we have seen does a great job with getting kids ready and has good size.

He is also putting good numbers up there and playing winning basketball. All things you look for. You never want to assume anything but the signs are good with this kid.

Here we go again, thinking a high school player is better than an established college player. How many times has this board said that only to be disappointed. I don't care where you play in high school, the jump to P5 college basketball is huge unless you are somebody like Zion, Banchero, Anthony Davis or a Top 5 recruit. For everybody else, all you can hope for is contributing positive minutes.
Funny thing, but the 1986 class had 2 McDonald's All Americans, DC, and Stevie.

Sherman Douglas is the prototypical definition of what a pure PG is, by any definition. I don't think this is remotely debatable. IMO, he was THE best PG to ever play for SU (including Pearl). He played PG, and only PG at SU, and for 12 years in the NBA. Could he play the 2 in HS, yup. He probably could have played the 3 and 4 on that Springarn team and still lead the team (and the league) in scoring and assists. Would that have made him a "swing" guard?
He could have been a great center if he played football.

It's difficult to find a kid these days that can come right in and produce. You can only watch and hope. Mintz passes the looks test, comes through Oak Hill which we have seen does a great job with getting kids ready and has good size.

He is also putting good numbers up there and playing winning basketball. All things you look for. You never want to assume anything but the signs are good with this kid.
We thought that about Benny. Maybe this kid is another Ennis. He exceeded all expectations.

Lol

I realize that isn't saying much but this kid is higher level than Goodine but a good athlete like Brycen. Unlike Goodine he is playing top competition being at Oak Hill.

Battle was way more north South and a 1 man fast break in HS. Mintz seems a bit more crafty not quite as direct.

I realize that isn't saying much but this kid is higher level than Goodine but a good athlete like Brycen. Unlike Goodine he is playing top competition being at Oak Hill.

Battle was way more north South and a 1 man fast break in HS. Mintz seems a bit more crafty not quite as direct.
True

I loved the style of play back in those years. Fast pace...dictated tempo...pushed it up the court.
The pace was great when we were able to run. We struggled when we had to play half court. We lacked shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom