Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, do I want to see this happen...
Judah would be excellent up top of the zone. He would give us the slasher that we desperately need from day 1. Some here are probably hesitant due to him being considered a combo guard, but he is a playmaker. Sign me up!

Wasn’t Sherman Douglas a combo guard and look how that turned out! Not saying Judah is Sherman just saying that the term combo guard does not equate with a players ability to play the point!

Wasn’t Sherman Douglas a combo guard and look how that turned out! Not saying Judah is Sherman just saying that the term combo guard does not equate with a players ability to play the point!
Sherman Douglas was a combo guard?

Kid seems to showcase confidence all around along with a sense of joy. That confidence to me is one of the biggest things for a frosh.

We have all seen Joe's ups and downs but the biggest thing that separated him as a frosh and as player in general was confidence. Something Benny has clearly struggled with and something we don't know with the rest of the class nor have we seen it jump out watching them. To me it jumps out with this kid.

If he came here, and the student section became devout followers, they could all dress as ……
Judah’s priests. Might be an official visit theme

I don't think so...

1644680409345.jpeg

Never
This is from the Washington Post dated Jan 3, 1985 by Donald Huff.

Last week, the Green Wave won the Kingdom of the Sun Classic in Ocala Fla. "We're still making some mistakes but I think we're going to be a good team, " said Coach John Wood, who has averaged more than 20 victories over the past 10 years. "Our guards make us go, Melvin gets the ball to the right people, Sherman and Robert are great shooters and Jones and Duckett have really improved since year."
Melvin "Fella" Middleton was renowned as the best ball handler DC at the time and ran the point for Springarn and was who the coach was referring to. You can google the whole article or more on Melvin.
Sherman was a senior that year and was definitely playing off the ball.

This is from the Washington Post dated Jan 3, 1985 by Donald Huff.

Last week, the Green Wave won the Kingdom of the Sun Classic in Ocala Fla. "We're still making some mistakes but I think we're going to be a good team, " said Coach John Wood, who has averaged more than 20 victories over the past 10 years. "Our guards make us go, Melvin gets the ball to the right people, Sherman and Robert are great shooters and Jones and Duckett have really improved since year."
Melvin "Fella" Middleton was renowned as the best ball handler DC at the time and ran the point for Springarn and was who the coach was referring to. You can google the whole article or more on Melvin.
Sherman was a senior that year and was definitely playing off the ball.
Sherman Douglas is the prototypical definition of what a pure PG is, by any definition. I don't think this is remotely debatable. IMO, he was THE best PG to ever play for SU (including Pearl). He played PG, and only PG at SU, and for 12 years in the NBA. Could he play the 2 in HS, yup. He probably could have played the 3 and 4 on that Springarn team and still lead the team (and the league) in scoring and assists. Would that have made him a "swing" guard?

Sherman Douglas is the prototypical definition of what a pure PG is, by any definition. I don't think this is remotely debatable. IMO, he was THE best PG to ever play for SU (including Pearl). He played PG, and only PG at SU, and for 12 years in the NBA. Could he play the 2 in HS, yup. He probably could have played the 3 and 4 on that Springarn team and still lead the team (and the league) in scoring and assists. Would that have made him a "swing" guard?
Just responding to your post. You were wrong. Never means never

Man, do I want to see this happen...
Judah would be excellent up top of the zone. He would give us the slasher that we desperately need from day 1. Some here are probably hesitant due to him being considered a combo guard, but he is a playmaker. Sign me up!
I'm not sure how others feel, but I see a bit of Derrick Rose in his game. Sign me up!

I'm not sure how others feel, but I see a bit of Derrick Rose in his game. Sign me up!

All i know is I really hope we get him.

Improved JG3 as a scorer and capable secondary ball handler, Mintz, Elite big in Jesse and developing big elite athlete in Franky is a really nice core. Symir is the 4 year guy who is a cheerleader and good utility backup PG.

Then you take Benny and the the rest of the freshman class with the aim you can find 2-3 contributors. You bring in a grad txfr who can score at the forward spot and you get 10-11 guys you can find your 8 from with 3 who can be development guys. Mix of new world and old formula.

All i know is I really hope we get him.

Improved JG3 as a scorer and capable secondary ball handler, Mintz, Elite big in Jesse and developing big elite athlete in Franky is a really nice core. Symir is the 4 year guy who is a cheerleader and good utility backup PG.

Then you take Benny and the the rest of the freshman class with the aim you can find 2-3 contributors. You bring in a grad txfr who can score at the forward spot and you get 10-11 guys you can find your 8 from with 3 who can be development guys. Mix of new world and old formula.
I think jg would be better off at 2 guard. .Good post!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.