Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very positive here. I think JB might have jumped the gun here a bit with the “6th guy” stuff but I think this was all about getting Judah here
I think he has to feel confident, JB does say things, but prognosticating about recruits? That’s not in his nature and I think that means Red has cuse on the inside track

I think he has to feel confident, JB does say things, but prognosticating about recruits? That’s not in his nature and I think that means Red has cuse on the inside track
Not the first time. He’s said it and we’ve missed. Thomas Bryant comes to mind.

Very positive here. I think JB might have jumped the gun here a bit with the “6th guy” stuff but I think this was all about getting Judah here
I don’t think we get involved with a recruit so late in the recruiting process unless the staff feels they have a really really good shot at getting the player.

I have no knowledge of specifics with Judah but the circumstances indicate we are very likely to get this guy.

Not the first time. He’s said it and we’ve missed. Thomas Bryant comes to mind.
I think Mintz is not announcing until April. Maybe wants to wait to see if any of the Blue Bloods come knocking after their guys all announce for the draft. The sooner he announces the better for us. The longer he announces then it "Who TF knows?".

If I’m reading between the lines correctly, I’d take an amazing visit over two great ones.
there's a song about this I think...
UHH- mazing great how sweet the sound...
come on children...sing it wit me...

I think Mintz is not announcing until April. Maybe wants to wait to see if any of the Blue Bloods come knocking after their guys all announce for the draft. The sooner he announces the better for us. The longer he announces then it "Who TF knows?".
After geico nationals

I’ll start asking some questions and let you guys know. I’ve chilled out on posting about recruiting because it’s too much of a rollercoaster for everyone lol but We could use some possible good news I guess
I almost don’t want to know, lol. SUOrangeSU didn’t sound bullish when he commented in another thread about Mintz a couple week ago. But I just can’t imagine that we’re not a serious contender here.

Last edited:
I almost don’t want to know, lol. SUOrangeSU didn’t sound bullish when he commented in another thread about Mintz a couple week ago. But I just can’t imagine that we’re not a serious contender here.
We have been all along. The goal was to get him here.

My only concern is that the coaching staff has shown that they don't always have their finger on the pulse.

There have been times when they felt really confident about recruits, only to have things go in a different direction.

But hope they are right about Mintz. He's be a terrific 11th hour addition.

Wake got the last visit but it is a Wednesday 9 pm start against NC State. Should be a good crowd but I can't imagine it will have the mini Super Bowl feel that he experienced on campus this past weekend.

Very encouraging and interesting Judah talked a lot to Benny during his visit. Kudos to the staff for being straight shooters and Benny for hanging in there.

I'm guessing it's just how Smith talks- it was kind of odd how he says he would be OK if Mintz went to SU. I'm guessing that was with a bit of flavor given his comment on other Oak Hill kids who have excelled here.

If I am not mistaken, with the exception of Dayshawn Wright, the other Oak Hill guys that we have gotten, committed to us prior to them heading to Oak Hill. And, Dayshawn was a local boy, so that is a different dynamic. I believe Judah would be the first national recruit we will have pulled from Oak Hill.

If I am not mistaken, with the exception of Dayshawn Wright, the other Oak Hill guys that we have gotten, committed to us prior to them heading to Oak Hill. And, Dayshawn was a local boy, so that is a different dynamic. I believe Judah would be the first national recruit we will have pulled from Oak Hill.
Billy Edelin I believe committed while at Oak Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.