Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ky Feldman says Shalom!
And Brandon Reese! Walk-ons could be their own category.

Truth. In fact, there was a famous rabbi hundreds of years ago with the same name.

And for anyone wondering why I asked the question in the first place…I’m Jewish and I want to know if he would be part of the all-Jewish team with Hal Cohen and Danny Schayes or the “honorary” all-Jewish team with Vinnie Cohen, Malachi Richardson, and Elijah Hughes.

Right on - My wife comes from a mixed family but her cousins are Mintz's and very much Jewish. Names are funny. I'm about 1/3 polish surname on that side is Rintz(English spelling is Rentz for some reason but back in Poland it was Rintz) That side isn't Jewish. Always found names fascinating.

We’ve got 4 guards for next year even without mintz. Joe, Sy, Q and Taylor. Mintz would make 5.
Yeah the staff needs to give themselves options rather than limiting their options plus he might be able to address some of the deficiencies the backcourt has been experiencing

Glad to see why’re going after this kid. He decommitted from Pitt? Wonder why. How much better would this year’s team have been if we could’ve gotten a freshman like TyTy Washington? We need to be in play for the top point guards in every class, the ones who aren’t going to the blue bloods. That said, I do like Q Copeland’s potential but he probably needs a year of seasoning.

Yep. I put mintz as the better athlete

In the clip where they played against one another JJ looked a little better driving to the hoop to me but Mintz was no slouch. JJ was more direct where Mintz was a bit more creative in the paint (to your point around athleticism).

Both look strong finishing and taking contact.

What would worry me about Mintz's recruitment is logjam at Guard - NC State likely promising lead guard available for the taking with Seabron leaving after this year. Pretty intriguing offer vs battling 4 others at the same position at SU.

What would worry me about Mintz's recruitment is logjam at Guard - NC State likely promising lead guard available for the taking with Seabron leaving after this year. Pretty intriguing offer vs battling 4 others at the same position at SU.
Who is in his way at Syracuse? JG3? He is better off the ball. Symir? I like Symir, but he couldn't unseat JG3. The others are lower ranked freshmen.

Surprised we're going after any more freshmen. Was told we were done with the young ones and sniffing the portal at the end of the year (we still will). Nonetheless, kid looks better than anything else we got

I hope we land Mintz. It will be fun to have a team with athleticism again. I think it is impossible to keep a class of 6 together for more than a year, but if it happens, it will be fun to watch these guys mature and develop. I love the 1, 2 & 3 being manned by Mintz, Copeland, Taylor and Bunch. That is a nice group of players with complimentary skills. Maliq could develop in to a strong rebounding machine. And, Carey, is super athletic for a guy his size. He needs time to develop, both physically and with his game, but he could be like one of those annoying Virginia big men in a couple of years.

Surprised we're going after any more freshmen. Was told we were done with the young ones and sniffing the portal at the end of the year (we still will). Nonetheless, kid looks better than anything else we got

I can see it considering it sure looks like the current class hasn't done much to turn heads or set the world on fire since committing. We had big hopes around QC and JT and their growth along with seeing what Bunch did at Wasatch and Carey finally getting the attention he deserves. So far while there hasn't been regression, it's been pretty quiet and those guys essentially close to the same players we saw a year plus ago.

Not sure I recall such an uneventful period with a big class already committed. Someone is usually really blowing up.

Last edited:
fair point about the sheer number of guards - something for any recruit to consider

my take after seeing how recent seasons have gone down ----

i think promising spots and playing time to recruits is something ncaa teams needs to avoid at all costs

unless its a lebron or anthony davis level talent*

duke and kentucky recruits like 8-10 players a year it seems and lets them battle it out for minutes

thats the approach i like

even if its 8 4 stars and not the 5 stars...same feeling

too often it seems the team gets stuck with these underperformers whove been promised minutes and its a slog for years as a result

i get it that recruits want some guarantees...and thats probably why a bunch didnt come over the last few cycles

but there needs to be multiple players at each spot openly competing for the positions and nothing written in stone to make the best team

that said...maybe mintz is clearly the best guard if he comes and all the better...but i am really not a fan of promising players spots to get them to come
*unless they are lebron, carmelo etc...then promise away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors