Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Athleticism would be night and day compared to this year. But, shooting would likely be night and day, as well.
We did make 11 threes last night, but the big reason we had good rhythm during the game was because we had so many inside buckets. If you have 2-3 good shooters, that’s more than enough. All those threes last night from NCS didn’t win them the game.

Athleticism would be night and day compared to this year. But, shooting would likely be night and day, as well.
A lot of teams would love 6’6” - 6’11” athletes who can also shoot lol

Look at our competition. Zoom call went well and expect an official visit here shortly. He’s the JJ replacement
Forbes has done a good job with Wake this season (but it’s only one season), Xavier is a very good program, and NC State is…meh lately…but Keats is a good recruiter. The issue with them is they already have a top 10 PG Dillingham coming in, and assuming Tarquavian Smith will be back at SG. So maybe our chances are pretty good here?

Forbes has done a good job with Wake this season (but it’s only one season), Xavier is a very good program, and NC State is…meh lately…but Keats is a good recruiter. They already have a top 10 PG Dillingham coming in, and assuming Tarquavian Smith will be back at SG. So maybe our chances are pretty good here?
Plus, we’re freaking Syracuse. That name blows those others out of the water. We got a big ass dome with a big ass fan base that this kid will light up.

We did make 11 threes last night, but the big reason we had good rhythm during the game was because we had so many inside buckets. If you have 2-3 good shooters, that’s more than enough. All those threes last night from NCS didn’t win them the game.
We won’t have 2-3 good shooters next year unless we hit the portal for a scoring wing. It will be Girard and that’s it based on who’s projected to be back. Offense is going to be a problem like it was in 17-18.

If he’s projected as a one-and-done, then we know he’s only going where he’ll start and where he’ll have the best team around him for that one year.

We won’t have 2-3 good shooters next year unless we hit the portal for a scoring wing. It will be Girard and that’s it based on who’s projected to be back. Offense is going to be a problem like it was in 17-18.
Girard Cole and Taylor can all shoot it. Benny can make threes too if he gets out of his head. Bunch is a deadeye

Someone posted something last week or so that coaches and recruiters on the circuit say Cuse isn’t as big of a deal as it used to be…

Based upon our performance over a stretch of many years [including the F4 year, where we were a double digit seed], that's probably not inaccurate.

Perception is reality.

Forbes has done a good job with Wake this season (but it’s only one season), Xavier is a very good program, and NC State is…meh lately…but Keats is a good recruiter. The issue with them is they already have a top 10 PG Dillingham coming in, and assuming Tarquavian Smith will be back at SG. So maybe our chances are pretty good here?
I think if and when we get him on campus we will be good. Hopefully next couple of weeks

Based upon our performance over a stretch of many years [including the F4 year, where we were a double digit seed], that's probably not inaccurate.

Perception is reality.
And the coaching/rotations. Playing for a HOFer is important for some (ie Benny and Judah) but most want to play to get to the league and get paid. Something we are lagging on

I watched 90% of his game. Im not about to make an overall assessment based upon one single game, but it wasn’t his best game. The highlights here were about his only noticeable plays. I had the opposite impression during peach jam. Saw parts of a couple of his games and thought he was a bit under the radar and was one of the better players. Yesterday though he seemed a bit disengaged. Could be because his teammates were knocking down shot after shot especially during the first half. He kinda just floated around. He also wasn’t the PG. He handled the ball but #3 was the PG. i was impressed with that kid too.

Is definitely quick with a good handle. Skinny as hell. I don’t think he’s a one and done though. As far as handle and penetrating Q is just as good. Mintz is more under control than Q is though. Mintz is the better jump shooter.

I watched 90% of his game. Im not about to make an overall assessment based upon one single game, but it wasn’t his best game. The highlights here were about his only noticeable plays. I had the opposite impression during peach jam. Saw parts of a couple of his games and thought he was a bit under the radar and was one of the better players. Yesterday though he seemed a bit disengaged. Could be because his teammates were knocking down shot after shot especially during the first half. He kinda just floated around. He also wasn’t the PG. He handled the ball but #3 was the PG. i was impressed with that kid too.

Is definitely quick with a good handle. Skinny as hell. I don’t think he’s a one and done though. As far as handle and penetrating Q is just as good. Mintz is more under control than Q is though. Mintz is the better jump shooter.
Yeah, #3 is Caleb Foster heading to Duke (surprise!!!).

is definitely quick with a good handle. Skinny as hell. I don’t think he’s a one and done though. As far as handle and penetrating Q is just as good. Mintz is more under control than Q is though. Mintz is the better jump shooter.
I do not see Mintz as one and done caliber either. He would be an interesting add for sure. I have issues with the combo guard as PG force because I strongly believe you need a true point to maximize offense.

We have been living that truism for years.

So this was the take I got from his clips of games I found/shared. Hot and cold and engages inconsistently and is mostly off the ball .

Ha. I didn’t pay attention to other kids names or where they were going. Foster isn’t a true PG either but he’s built real strong, can handle well enough, plays aggressive and can really shoot it. Had 3 3’s in the first half alone I think.

Mintz plays Bunch today at 5. Streamed on ESPN+.

Also, there was another kid who’s name I forget that the announcers touted as their best player. Wasn’t Foster nor Mintz.

Ha. I didn’t pay attention to other kids names or where they were going. Foster isn’t a true PG either but he’s built real strong, can handle well enough, plays aggressive and can really shoot it. Had 3 3’s in the first half alone I think.
Yeah, he is a tough player. I have watched a few older Oak Hill games. I got the same impression with Mintz. I think he has a TON of potential. But, he has to stay engaged. If he is the primary ball handler, I think that would likely help with that. He would be more of a lead guard than a true point guard. He could be a menace defensively at the top of the zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.