Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be incredibly literal and say JB was referencing a five man class:

1986 - DC, Stevie, Roe, Hughes, Duncan
2001 - Billy E, Forth, HAK, Pace, Mark K
2007 - Flynn, Donte, Jackson, Scoop, Sean Williams
May be literally he meant it was the best in terms of how underrated this five men class is, not how good it actually is or will be.

You think the city is fine? 25% building vacancy rate downtown, top 5 highest crime rate per capita in the country, terrible and outdated plumbing and electrical infrastructure, crumbling bridges, rampant drug problems. None of those things scream “fine” to me. If anything the city is over appreciated and that’s why year after year nothing gets done to solve these problems. You can’t walk around armory square without getting harassed by the homeless, and you can’t walk around anywhere else without fear of getting robbed. Cars around campus are broken into every night, armed robbery alerts seemingly go out daily as well.

Sure, there are nice suburbs like Fayetteville, Manlius, Pompey, and Dewitt. But then you also have areas like Clay, North Syracuse and Fulton who have a host of their own problems that are only getting worse.

Punchlines get recycled because they are true, and starling, and probably Judah as well, are aware of that.
Over-the-top silliness. And count me in as someone who'd have no issues going to SU again, just like I did years ago. The city of Syracuse had nada, nyet, zippo, zilch to do with my final decision. It was all about the campus and programs, not the crime statistics. JMHO

May be literally he meant it was the best in terms of how underrated this five men class is, not how good it actually is or will be.

He also could be talking about how the various parts fit together and also how many needs are covered by the class.

Also; he does just say throw away lines all the time so I don’t think you all should jump on this like he is saying these players are better than Coleman or Melo or whoever.

Over-the-top silliness. And count me in as someone who'd have no issues going to SU again, just like I did years ago. The city of Syracuse had nada, nyet, zippo, zilch to do with my final decision. It was all about the campus and programs, not the crime statistics. JMHO
The city of Syracuse like all the other rust belt cities is a dump. It is always one of the poorest cities in America every year and with that comes rampant crime and drug use. Almost everyone who has the ability has moved out to the suburbs or beyond. That being said the SU campus is its own world up on the hill and is mostly insulated from the problems of the city. Yes, the two worlds collide occasionally but not frequently enough to scare away possible students and athletes.

The city of Syracuse like all the other rust belt cities is a dump. It is always one of the poorest cities in America every year and with that comes rampant crime and drug use. Almost everyone who has the ability has moved out to the suburbs or beyond. That being said the SU campus is its own world up on the hill and is mostly insulated from the problems of the city. Yes, the two worlds collide occasionally but not frequently enough to scare away possible students and athletes.
Agreed. In my day if we got a summer job or attended summer session classes, that's when we'd have occasion to go see the city itself. Other then that, Syracuse was like a world away from the Hill.

Last edited:
Almost everyone who has the ability has moved out to the suburbs or beyond.
Not true at all. To give you an idea, I saw a stat that ~30% people in the city (adults) of Syracuse have a bachelors degree. You could make the leap just based on that stat that 25% of adults could move out if they wanted to.

I drive through some suburbs and shake my head wondering who would want to live in some of these spots. Maybe if you like fast food and horrible traffic.

To summarize, people are different and many people I know are still in the city of Syracuse that could afford a home wherever you live.

Not true at all. To give you an idea, I saw a stat that ~30% people in the city (adults) of Syracuse have a bachelors degree. You could make the leap just based on that stat that 25% of adults could move out if they wanted to.
Not sure what that 30% does for a living but Syracuse is always near the top of the poorest cities in the county.

Not sure what that 30% does for a living but Syracuse is always near the top of the poorest cities in the county.
Not questioning crime and poverty, but you said most and I’m giving you an idea that likely 25% of well educated people could leave at any time if they wanted to, which disputes your post.

The city of Syracuse is in the best shape it’s been in decades. Frankly our recruiting was better when the city was worse off. There’s zero correlation.

Mintz isn’t coming here because the coaches didn’t get it done.

Not questioning crime and poverty, but you said most and I’m giving you an idea that likely 25% of well educated people could leave at any time if they wanted to, which disputes your post.
So you are saying 25% could move out if they want to. That leaves 75% that can’t. I believe 75% qualifies as most people.

So you are saying 25% could move out if they want to. That leaves 75% that can’t. I believe 75% qualifies as most people.
You said almost everyone with the ability has moved out, don’t move the goal posts. I gave you a huge chunk of people that have the choice.

You’re the one that said most in your previous post, not me. I responded to that post. If you and your buddies want to live in the booming metropolis of Syracuse, have at it. MOST don’t.

Smaller metros have advantages over larger cities and vice versa. It’s very subjective as to what advantages people prefer. What’s stupid is trying to shove a personal opinion up someone’s butthole. What’s worse- and truly ignorant - is thinking that high school kids care one iota about it.

You’re the one that said most in your previous post, not me. I responded to that post. If you and your buddies want to live in the booming metropolis of Syracuse, have at it. MOST don’t.
Thanks for admitting you were wrong with your embellishment. Accountability is usually something the suburbs is missing.

Thanks for admitting you were wrong with your embellishment. Accountability is usually something the suburbs is missing.
I don’t live in the suburbs. Thanks for derailing the thread on something unrelated to the discussion. Especially on something considered common knowledge to all but you.

Now back to the real discussion.

Mintz may choose to go to school elsewhere but it wont be because of the city of Syracuse.

Last edited:
Honestly, I wouldn’t blame you for locking it. He’s going to DePaul and no one can stay on topic, probably because he’s going to DePaul.
Yup. It'll become official in a few days but for now, this thread is just babble.

Status
Not open for further replies.