Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of interesting note for the dates of visits: Duke weekend for SU is same weekend UNC is at NC State. Notable they made it happen where Mintz is seeing SU's biggest home game instead of NC State's biggest (rivalry) game of the season.

Could just be how it worked out logistically, but man does that play to SU's favor. Also, last visit to Wake will be game against NC State.

Is Red our next head coach? He’s an excellent DMV recruiter.

The only way Red will ever be our head coach is if JB pulls one of those moves where he retires right before the season, to give the AD no time to find an appropriate replacement.

And if that occurs, he'll have "interim" slapped in front of the "head coach" title in bold letters.

Last edited:
Was waiting on him scheduling the OV, syracuse should be able to lock him up. It’s unfortunate they don’t get the last visit but I imagine a 30K+ (hopefully) dome should be enough. Maybe we can even get some of the committed guys who have an open visit left to come stop in and talk with him.

The only way Red will ever be our head coach is if JB pulls one of those moves where he retires right before the season, to give the AD no time to find an appropriate replacement.

And if that occurs, he'll have "interim" slapped in front of the "head coach" title in bold letters.
That’s exactly how i think it plays out. If Red does well after his first year, the interim tag will be removed. If he has a poor season and looks overmatched, ADJW will open it up for a national search. We are seeing this play out on the women’s side.

That’s exactly how i think it plays out. If Red does well after his first year, the interim tag will be removed. If he has a poor season and looks overmatched, ADJW will open it up for a national search. We are seeing this play out on the women’s side.

Given Boeheim's life-long affiliation with the University, that would be an underhanded move on his part. If he DOES handle things that way, then JW would have even less incentive to retain Red.

The way I expect it to happen is that Wildhack will establish a firm separation date behind closed doors, and then execute that plan and do due diligence to identify the next head coach.

So Weitsman is bringing noted Syracuse hater Pete Davidson to the game today? I wish every penny that he is paying that clown was instead going to Mintz for an NIL endorsement of scrap metal.

Given Boeheim's life-long affiliation with the University, that would be an underhanded move on his part. If he DOES handle things that way, then JW would have even less incentive to retain Red.

The way I expect it to happen is that Wildhack will establish a firm separation date behind closed doors, and then execute that plan and do due diligence to identify the next head coach.
Was Coach K with his long term affiliation with Duke being underhanded advocating for Scheyer? Or Roy Williams advocating for Hubert Davis? Both Scheyer and Davis have less coaching experience than Autry. Autry also has not only longer coaching experience but more diversified experience than either of them. High school, AAU, Va Tech assistant under Greenburg, then ass’t at SU.

I’m not advocating anyone but I certainly wouldn’t dismiss Red as being a viable candidate worthy of moving up to head coach. At least take into account and compare current coaches experience who have moved up who were also advocated by their mentor to give a full and honest picture.

Former Pitt commit Judah Mintz has added two more official visits to Syracuse and Wake Forest.

Mintz’s visit schedule now looks like this, per his father:

DePaul (Feb. 8-10)
N.C. State (Feb. 17-19)
Syracuse (Feb. 25-27) (Any important home games in the Dome that weekend?) ;)
Wake Forest (March 2-4)

As for a timeline on a decision, Mintz is eyeing the spring around the time of the GEICO Nationals.

“Around GEICO, around late-March, April 1,” he said.
I hope he’s impressed with the crowd when we play Duke, because we’re going to get our butts kicked.

Was Coach K with his long term affiliation with Duke being underhanded advocating for Scheyer? Or Roy Williams advocating for Hubert Davis? Both Scheyer and Davis have less coaching experience than Autry. Autry also has not only longer coaching experience but more diversified experience than either of them. High school, AAU, Va Tech assistant under Greenburg, then ass’t at SU.

I’m not advocating anyone but I certainly wouldn’t dismiss Red as being a viable candidate worthy of moving up to head coach. At least take into account and compare current coaches experience who have moved up who were also advocated by their mentor to give a full and honest picture.

Cherie, you know I'm a huge fan of yours -- but you have completely misinterpreted.

It would be underhanded of JB to retire at the 11th hour [like Dean Smith did], handcuffing the AD in terms of finding his replacement, and forcing an interim hire. That is completely different than "advocating for" one of the ACs.

Also, "length of being an AC" isn't necessarily the best barometer for readiness to be a HC.

RF, did you watch Jeff Goodman and Mike Waters on Waters’ podcast from last week? They both seem convinced that Cuse will follow the Duke and UNC model and stay in house with Red or Gmac. Are they completely off base? I have no idea what to think and would like JW to make a home run hire from outside to follow JB, but I worry that Goodman could be right and we stay in house. Right now I’d rather see Hop than Red or Gmac if it comes to staying in the family.

Cherie, you know I'm a huge fan of yours -- but you have completely misinterpreted.

It would be underhanded of JB to retire at the 11th hour [like Dean Smith did], handcuffing the AD in terms of finding his replacement, and forcing an interim hire. That is completely different than "advocating for" one of the ACs.

Also, "length of being an AC" isn't necessarily the best barometer for readiness to be a HC.
JB would never do that. Just ask Hop

You can read right?
Former Pitt commit Judah Mintz has added two more official visits to Syracuse and Wake Forest.

Mintz’s visit schedule now looks like this, per his father:

DePaul (Feb. 8-10)
N.C. State (Feb. 17-19)
Syracuse (Feb. 25-27) (Any important home games in the Dome that weekend?) ;)
Wake Forest (March 2-4)

As for a timeline on a decision, Mintz is eyeing the spring around the time of the GEICO Nationals.
The post I replied to was glad SU had the last visit, which we don’t

Thank you for the update and doing so with class!

Girard Cole and Taylor can all shoot it. Benny can make threes too if he gets out of his head. Bunch is a deadeye
Coach said that Benny was not a good shooer in HS. Expectations are out of wack.

I hope he’s impressed with the crowd when we play Duke, because we’re going to get our butts kicked.
Crowd will be quiet if weget our buts kicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.