Class of 2025 - PG Keyshuan Tillery (Albany/ NH) to Cinci | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 PG Keyshuan Tillery (Albany/ NH) to Cinci

Dont Freak Out Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Does anyone know why we haven’t seemed to be prioritizing Tillery as much as Acaden Lewis and Tyler Jackson? Is there an issue or challenge with Tillery’s recruitment that we’re all not aware of?

Do they really think we can beat out all those blue bloods and top schools for Lewis? I mean, I know Straughn is a real deal recruiter but it seems like Lewis could be a tough pull.

Gonna be honest this kid would be my PG 1A on the recruiting board. I understand the connection between Anthony and Jackson. Jackson is a very good player. But I think Tillery is really damn good. A backcourt class of Tillery and Anthony would be my top choice. Jackson and Anthony aren’t bad either of course LMFAO

I was told when he was in town, that we are not on his radar. I don't think he is very interested in us.
But things can always change. Nice kid. Nice family.

I was told when he was in town, that we are not on his radar. I don't think he is very interested in us.

Surprising that a kid from Albany isn't interested in us in the least, but I think we'll be just fine in the 2025 class.

Sometimes the kids are interested in staying close and sometimes they aren't. Can't lose sleep over kids that don't reciprocate intrest. Also that doesn't mean that Red and crew didn't try as well. They likely did and likely quickly moved on when it was clear there wasn't interest.

He's on some of the assistant's radar, however not on HC, which is strange ,but he's going for the big fish right now (Lewis).

We're gonna regret this one
Several posters have commented that we don’t seem to be putting much effort into Keyshaun’s recruitment. But since this kid is really good and would seem to fit what we want to do, I figured there must be something else going on. I wonder if the staff did their due diligence and talked to people around Tillery, and decided that they wouldn’t be able to land him for whatever reason, that there wasn’t enough mutual interest, so it’s not worth putting in the time. Maybe he wants to go away for college, isn’t much of a Syracuse fan despite the proximity, or the fit isn’t right. I just hope it doesn’t signal any issues with City Rocks. We don’t seem to be recruiting any of their kids right now.

Sometimes the kids are interested in staying close and sometimes they aren't.
Not sure if they are a player here, but UConn is about the same distance as Syracuse from Albany.

Several posters have commented that we don’t seem to be putting much effort into Keyshaun’s recruitment. But since this kid is really good and would seem to fit what we want to do, I figured there must be something else going on. I wonder if the staff did their due diligence and talked to people around Tillery, and decided that they wouldn’t be able to land him for whatever reason, that there wasn’t enough mutual interest, so it’s not worth putting in the time. Maybe he wants to go away for college, isn’t much of a Syracuse fan despite the proximity, or the fit isn’t right. I just hope it doesn’t signal any issues with City Rocks. We don’t seem to be recruiting any of their kids right now.
The only issue with City Rocks is the staff keeps saying their players arent good enough...

The only issue with City Rocks is the staff keeps saying their players arent good enough...

Well, also that City Rocks players that we HAVE gone after have mostly ditched us [outside of Buddy / Joe]. So maybe the staff is hedging based upon that recent history.

Well, also that City Rocks players that we HAVE gone after have mostly ditched us [outside of Buddy / Joe]. So maybe the staff is hedging based upon that recent history.
Dajuan Coleman. The director's kid was a walk-on at Syracuse.

Dajuan Coleman. The director's kid was a walk-on at Syracuse.

That's fine. Jimmy B might have played there, too.

But DeJuan Coleman was 10+ years ago, and there have been a bunch of misses since then, including several high profile kids we've been linked to, and others we've actively pursued only to have them snub us.

So the problems with City Rocks run both ways -- that's the point I'm trying to make.

Maybe one of the problems retired and maybe Tillery is not interested in the Orange

Very well the staff's plan at '25 PG could be Acaden Lewis or wait for a portal PG. Look at the level of guard they're going after in '26.

If they don't think Tillery is at that level, and trust someone better is on the horizon, I'm okay with that, as much as I really like Tillery.

Very well the staff's plan at '25 PG could be Acaden Lewis or wait for a portal PG. Look at the level of guard they're going after in '26.

If they don't think Tillery is at that level, and trust someone better is on the horizon, I'm okay with that, as much as I really like Tillery.

Yeah I mean what if you get 4 or 5 guys for 2025 then a portal PG followed by a 2026 PG etc. A few ways this could play out…