Class of 2025 - PG Keyshuan Tillery (Albany/ NH) to Cinci | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 PG Keyshuan Tillery (Albany/ NH) to Cinci

that’s not good.
Often perspectives from the players side may differ from the coaching staff side. Given Red has reeled in a couple high school studs, I am willing to give latitude on which talent he targets and brings in at this stage.

I always defer to the coaches on player evals, but when I see the highlights of the kid, he just looks like a player who does the right thing at the right time. He appears to play with a great deal of confidence, but not arrogance. The other players they rate above him must really be something.

Need a visit. He has some really great options. It’s too bad we’ve been so obsessed with Lewis. Had we got involved harder 6 months ago we would have had a great shot.
If there's mutual interest, the 'stay home' pitch is something Tillery is at least open to hearing, which none of his other options can offer.

Need a visit. He has some really great options. It’s too bad we’ve been so obsessed with Lewis. Had we got involved harder 6 months ago we would have had a great shot.
I don’t think that’s the case. I don’t know if we’re really in the running here, and I don’t think it’s because the coaches didn’t try. He’s just not that into us.

I don’t think that’s the case. I don’t know if we’re really in the running here, and I don’t think it’s because the coaches didn’t try. He’s just not that into us.
No the coaches didn’t try, they thought he wasn’t good enough. They are finally recruiting him hard now that we’re almost out of acaden

Seems like a last minute push for Tillery so we don’t have to settle for Tyler Jackson
Lewis must be very special to slow play this kid, or his videos don’t really reflect his play.
Kid just looks like a winning basketball player. Smooth, in control, never hurried, can score if he feels the team needs that, but happy to let others get theirs.

We have a very disturbing pattern of honing in very early (which is a credit to our early recruiting abilities) on guys before they blow up to become coveted 5 star players. But, because we are not an elite program, we always lose out to the elite Johnny come late to the party programs. With that in mind, guys like Tillery, 3 star at discovery and a little under the radar, with the potential to move up to 4 stars, should be our main priority. A guy like Tillery, in our backyard should always be a top priority. Now, it's too late.

We have a very disturbing pattern of honing in very early (which is a credit to our early recruiting abilities) on guys before they blow up to become coveted 5 star players. But, because we are not an elite program, we always lose out to the elite Johnny come late to the party programs. With that in mind, guys like Tillery, 3 star at discovery and a little under the radar, with the potential to move up to 4 stars, should be our main priority. A guy like Tillery, in our backyard should always be a top priority. Now, it's too late.

With that said we are in good position with another top recruit in Kiyan so we are pulling in big fish and the kind of kids that attract other recruits even being late to the table. That’s what the blue bloods do all the time and it’s a strong sales pitch to put a lot of good players around one another.

I think it's mutual interest, however Red was the one who wasn't attending his games as he wasn't a high priority. The assistants were attending his game. Red must be rethinking things now that Lewis might be a tight battle with UConn and possibly Duke.

No the coaches didn’t try, they thought he wasn’t good enough. They are finally recruiting him hard now that we’re almost out of acaden
Is that the case? Coaches don't think they have a real shot at Acaden anymore?

If true [and it's hard to know for sure, as these kids do weird stuff with their lists to raise their profile, drum up interest, etc.], then it is an interesting development.

Wonder if it signals that the coaching staff feels the winds shifting unfavorably with Lewis.

Tillery would be an awesome "get." He is an exceptional point guard prospect.

Lewis must be very special to slow play this kid, or his videos don’t really reflect his play.
Kid just looks like a winning basketball player. Smooth, in control, never hurried, can score if he feels the team needs that, but happy to let others get theirs.
On the flip slide of the slow play, if we miss out on Lewis and still end up with tillery after the fact, it really shows our juices in the recruiting game are flowing STRONG.

So we have no shot with Acaden? I know the portal opens up more opportunities these days but it still feels like we are putting too many eggs in too few baskets on the recruiting trail. It's super weird that we don't have a strong relationship with this high-level prospect in our backyard.

Does anyone know who else he is strongly considering? I know at one point Northwestern was high on the list. Also, any info of he will be playing his senior year at New Hampton Prep (home of the fightin’ Jimmy Boeheim’s)? I live about 50 min and would love to catch a few games if he chooses to come our way. Just seems like a kid you want on your team. Maybe a little smallish to have an NBA future, but appears to play the game the right way and should be good on both ends of the floor, with a college ready frame.

Does anyone know who else he is strongly considering? I know at one point Northwestern was high on the list. Also, any info of he will be playing his senior year at New Hampton Prep (home of the fightin’ Jimmy Boeheim’s)? I live about 50 min and would love to catch a few games if he chooses to come our way. Just seems like a kid you want on your team. Maybe a little smallish to have an NBA future, but appears to play the game the right way and should be good on both ends of the floor, with a college ready frame.
I spent 3 days with the New Hampton team in May and with his (Tillery's) mom also. I am a New Hampton grad and also serve on one of their boards. Ky Feldman (ex cuse player) is the Associate head coach. The team is really good, and I am sure they play a whole host on local prep school teams, Tilton, etc. You can follow them on instagram. I'll reach out to Ky and get a schedule from him, and also the place to stream games.

Wake and Cincy are the teams to beat right now