Class of 2025 - PG Luke Fennell (Australia) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (10/23/24) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 PG Luke Fennell (Australia) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (10/23/24)

On 247 this from Travis Branham

Power 4 Starter

He is a big guard who is really skilled with a high IQ for the game. He’s not the most athletic but he’s a kid who knows how to get to his spots. He is a capable scorer at all three-levels and is very comfortable operating out of ball screens and has some playmaking ability. He is a high floor guy who can come and make an immediate contribution and has the potential to be a multiple year starter.

"Committing to Syracuse was the most seamless process,” Fennell said via his agent Daniel Moldovan. “The fit felt right from the very first conversation. I've developed a great rapport with Coach (Autry) since the process started. A school with such a rich history and a style of play that suits my game is just a great fit for me."

While Fennell has not visited the Syracuse campus in person, the Orange has been involved with him for a little over a month, according to a source. Syracuse prioritized him as a top target for its 2025 class during that time, recruiting him extremely hard.

OH I LIKE THIS

THROW ANOTHER SHRIMP ON THE BARBEE

Crocodile Dundee Comedy GIF by Laff

Kind of reminds me of Petar in the sense that he looks like a kid who has committed to the game and has some legit polish. Has a good handle, great looking shot and legit footwork that can only come from repetition and hard work. Seems like the staff is making an effort to find more polished players as opposed to the raw, immature guys we have been burned by recently.

Fellas. This is about as good as we can do at the PG spot. Is this kid the most athletic and explosive kid? Nope

Is this kid probably one of the most skilled and crafty PGs in this class…yes. He’s is extremely high IQ and fundamentally sound. He’s not GREAT at any one thing but he is VERY good at just about everything. He’s a very good passer, above average shooter, handles the ball well, very good size, limits turnovers. He’s another program player due to him not being an explosive athlete he’ll likely be here for a few years. This kid is PERFECT to go along with Kiyan and Sadiq in this class.

Also Autry is building a hell of foundation for kids that will be around 3-4 years. Luke, Petar, Womack will all be around 3-4 years. Guys with great character, are great on the classroom, etc…which are typically less likely to transfer (especially international kids like Luke and Petar). Add guys like this and then guys like Choppa who will be around 2-3 years. Sprinkle in guys like Kiyan, Costanza, Sadiq, and Freeman. You’ll have a really good program if you do that. This is actually a hell of a get and exactly what we need. He’ll stabilize the PG spot for years to come

Red is targeting kids with high basketball IQs. Petar and this kid are like getting a college Sophomore if not Junior.

The international experience they have is the reason why. They are playing a high caliber of competition, in pro leagues / international tournaments, so they also come in battle tested.

Significant factor in why a player like Petar comes in and looks great -- he's seasoned, and knows how to play already. Hope this Aussie is cut from the same cloth [and presumably will be, winning multiple U18 international gold medals for Australia]. He's produced in pressure-cooker situations -- he'll probably be ready to go the moment he sets foot on campus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom