Class of 2017 - PG Makai Ashton-Langford Transfer from Providence to BC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Makai Ashton-Langford Transfer from Providence to BC

I agree but we are talking about top 50 guys suddenly becoming available. Top 10 point guards. Not random dudes. Good post, though. Can't offer everyone, I agree.

Yup -- the kid obviously feels like he would be an ideal solution to the issue we are all a bit concerned about (at a minimum) which is the possibility of a Howard and a not-quite-ready-for-prime-time Washington manning the point next year. I just mean the staff has to prioritize not only based on spots available but also based on making sure they have some sort of feel for the personality and ideally the character of the kids they are signing (not knocking this kid at all, just saying it's good to have some feel for who you're recruiting).

I actually felt slightly nauseous when JB was giving positive comments about Frank after the season. That indicated to me he expects FH to play a big role next year. I'll be as blunt as I can on this board. FH is...okay, I have to edit myself. He's incapable. I cannot type what I want. I'll be banned if I do. If the staff didn't drop him last year, they must see something in him talent-wise that no one else with working eyes does. Scary.

I think if we get Ayala, we'd be fine at guard. Or good enough.

Every indication is we're rolling with FH as a major part of the rotation. Gotta roll with it as fans and support him. Personally, I think he's got a lot more skill upside than most on this board believe and hope he puts it all together mentally. He can be a good player if he commits to the work and gets his total game worked out. Has shown flashes at times.

Last edited:
Every indication is we're rolling with FH as a major part of the rotation. Gotra roll with it as fans and support him. Personally, I think he's got a lot more skill upside than most on this board believe and hope he puts it all together mentally. Hes can be a good player if he commits to the work and gets his total game worked out. Has shown flashes at times.

I think he lacks the ability- physically and mentally. I sincerely hope you are right. No matter who is on the roster, we have to have an open competition for both the starting point guard role and playing time. Nothing should be handed to FH because he will be an upperclassman.

Publicly committed to FH until they don't have to be.
But wouldn't that involve bringing in a PG? Doesn't seem to be any push to do so currently.

Would you bet the season on Frank Howard getting 200% better over the summer? I wouldn't.
That's still a 0% chance of being an ACC caliber guard. Basic math.

I trust JB... but I just don't get the absolute certainty he seems to be showing that a guy who was a train wreck at pg last year will not only become serviceable (I'd take it for FH at this point) but a pg capable of leading a top 10 type team. He's done nothing to show that jump is immenent. MAL seems like a plug and play fit for our needs... get involved.

I trust JB... but I just don't get the absolute certainty he seems to be showing that a guy who was a train wreck at pg last year will not only become serviceable (I'd take it for FH at this point) but a pg capable of leading a top 10 type team. He's done nothing to show that jump is immenent. MAL seems like a plug and play fit for our needs... get involved.

Who said anything about a top 10 team?

Who said anything about a top 10 team?
Isn't that the goal always? To put a team that could be a national title contender? Have we fallen so far that's not realistic for Syracuse anymore? And the point of my post is right now, no I don't see that next year. A big part is I don't see a pg on the roster capable of leading that kind of team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom