Class of 2017 - PG Makai Ashton-Langford Transfer from Providence to BC | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Makai Ashton-Langford Transfer from Providence to BC

Isn't that the goal always? To put a team that could be a national title contender? Have we fallen so far that's not realistic for Syracuse anymore? And the point of my post is right now, no I don't see that next year. A big part is I don't see a pg on the roster capable of leading that kind of team.

Point Guard. Center. Small Forward. At this point we are the worst Syracuse team ever constructed in the JB era and most projections for next year agree with that.

Point Guard. Center. Small Forward. At this point we are the worst Syracuse team ever constructed in the JB era and most projections for next year agree with that.
Agree... but give us MAL and Tucker and it looks a lot different doesn't it? Center I'm ok with. TT can be a good offensive and decent defensive center.

We are, but don't get your hopes up.
At this point I'd be satisfied with the effort. The last few months watching all these PGs become available has felt like being stranded on a deserted island, watching high tide bring ashore a crate of charged satellite phones and flare guns, and just sitting by as the tide takes them back to sea again.

At this point I'd be satisfied with the effort. The last few months watching all these PGs become available has felt like being stranded on a deserted island, watching high tide bring ashore a crate of charged satellite phones and flare guns, and just sitting by as the tide takes them back to sea again.
Unfortunately, I think this says a lot about Frank's standing with the staff, especially JB. Dude better figure his crap out real darn quick!!!! We are missing out on plenty of good options, that we could at least make a phone call to, to inquire about interest!

Agree... but give us MAL and Tucker and it looks a lot different doesn't it? Center I'm ok with. TT can be a good offensive and decent defensive center.

Agreed I'm alright with TT and Sidibe at center next year. Both can also spot the PF position and we have Chukwu as an emergency center. Its really PG and SF where we are lacking.

Is it Providence?

That makes the most sense but again the fact that we are trying to get involved is a very good sign along with the Tucker developments moving forward even if he goes to Providence in the end.

The thing that really worries me is that it appears that JB or the staff in general feel that they will be OK with Howard as the full time PG next year. We brought in a grad last year to cover our buts in case Frank had trouble. Saying he had trouble is an understatement yet going after MAL is the first indication we have that we are trying to bring in a PG.

That makes the most sense but again the fact that we are trying to get involved is a very good sign even if he goes to Providence in the end.
Absolutely, Cooley is a good guy and an excellent recruiter, but they are still Providence and in the Big East. We need to sell him on the big stage. Some kids don't want that though, afterall he had originally committed to UConn.

While I disagree with the characterization of our staff's effort to the extent that we really don't know enough to make a full assessment of our involvement with these players, I appreciate the imagery. And for that reason... you get a like.

Taurean would need to have the single greatest year to year improvement in program history to become decent at defense

Taurean would need to have the single greatest year to year improvement in program history to become decent at defense
He was awful yes... but most freshman big men range from awful to very bad as freshman in the zone. And most improve. I'm not expecting Mutombo like defensive presence... just serviceable. And with his offense being better than most at this point I'm ok with him in the middle. Pg and sf are the gaping holes to me. Tucker could very well fill one. Fill pg too... and just maybe we look like a syracuse team next year.

That makes the most sense but again the fact that we are trying to get involved is a very good sign along with the Tucker developments moving forward even if he goes to Providence in the end

Where did you see we are getting involved with him? I haven't been able to find anything about that

Have we ever had a hypenated name on our team? It ain't happening

MCW.
IMG_6280.JPG

Curious, what other schools are getting involved with him? Seems like we would be a legitimate landing spot for him wouldn't we? Not sure how much interest our staff is showing to him if any but good god would our 17 class sure start looking different if we could land Tucker and MAL and or ayala or a grad transfer. Between Tucker and MAL that's two top 40 guys...ill just keep praying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom