Class of 2018 - PG Malik Zachery (NY) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Malik Zachery (NY)

Mika Adams-Woods lit it up for 31 points in a close win for Ludden against Henninger. Kid is so good and just a sophomore.

I heard from a nephew but don't know first hand that Malik Zachery who transferred to West Genesee this year got into some type of trouble making him wonder if he'd be allowed to play. Looking at the box score tonight, he didn't play tonight for West Genny so there may be some truth to it.

Mika Adams-Woods lit it up for 31 points in a close win for Ludden against Henninger. Kid is so good and just a sophomore.

I heard from a nephew but don't know first hand that Malik Zachery who transferred to West Genesee this year got into some type of trouble making him wonder if he'd be allowed to play. Looking at the box score tonight, he didn't play tonight for West Genny so there may be some truth to it.

Zachary is currently out with an injury.

We need to sign him up

FWIW I have heard Malik will likely head to prep school next year
Makes sense, last year was kind of a lost season for him. Malik is playing great and another year at prep school will help get more exposure.

Local kid. Looks really good. Need point production. Kid can shoot and score. Where's the offer. I know, wait until Prep school and see who else offers? Keep these kids home. Sorry but I am getting discouraged with the recruiting as, apparently, everyone else is.

Local kid. Looks really good. Need point production. Kid can shoot and score. Where's the offer. I know, wait until Prep school and see who else offers? Keep these kids home. Sorry but I am getting discouraged with the recruiting as, apparently, everyone else is.

A. He won't leave us after two years.
B. His recruitment probably won't be a circus.
C. He won't ditch last second for Kentucky/Kansas/Zona

We have a status quo for offering guards man, gotta follow it.

The offer hasn't been given yet because, until recently he wasn't a possible P5 type of player, and I think the jury is still out if he is. He's gotten better, but I haven't seen much of him to say he's at the level we need yet.

A. He won't leave us after two years.
B. His recruitment probably won't be a circus.
C. He won't ditch last second for Kentucky/Kansas/Zona

We have a status quo for offering guards man, gotta follow it.
Sooooooo you are saying we should just start offering kids that might not have the talent to play in the ACC because we won't lose them to another program that way?

That's a good way to turn into a A10 program.

And just an FYI this kid isn't the best PG in in the syracuse area in the 2018 class. He's not high ACC caliber talent right now.

Sooooooo you are saying we should just start offering kids that might not have the talent to play in the ACC because we won't lose them to another program that way?

That's a good way to turn into a A10 program.

And just an FYI this kid isn't the best PG in in the syracuse area in the 2018 class. He's not high ACC caliber talent right now.

this kids a clear d1 talent point guard who just needs to add some muscle. We've whiffed on all, all, of the big prospects when competing against the bigger programs. The few times we didn't whiff, those prospects left after a year. We have the scholarships, I don't see why you don't take a local talent who will be a contributor in his 4 years here. Especially with the continuing lack of guard depth.

this kids a clear d1 talent point guard who just needs to add some muscle. We've whiffed on all, all, of the big prospects when competing against the bigger programs. The few times we didn't whiff, those prospects left after a year. We have the scholarships, I don't see why you don't take a local talent who will be a contributor in his 4 years here. Especially with the continuing lack of guard depth.

No disrespect toward Zachery--have never seen him play, and have no judgement on if he's a high major recruit or not--but your first sentence isn't much of an endorsement. "D1 talent point guard" doesn't mean much--there's a huge range there.

A player could be an Ivy League caliber "D1 talent point guard" -- that wouldn't make them suitable for the ACC.

No disrespect toward Zachery--have never seen him play, and have no judgement on if he's a high major recruit or not--but your first sentence isn't much of an endorsement. "D1 talent point guard" doesn't mean much--there's a huge range there.

I think with some muscle added he could be ACC calibre. But who are we to even act like we're a top 20 recruiter right now. We haven't landed any pg's this cycle, let alone high D1 calibre.

I've seen him play live. Muscle and some agility/explosiveness training is all thats holding the kid back, which is excusable because he's so young.