Class of 2019 - PG Mika Adams-Woods (NY) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Mika Adams-Woods (NY)

http://www.nysbasketballbrackets.com/2016/16sect3aa.html
Section III tourney is supposed to be wide open this year, with no clear cut favorite. Best matchup in the opening round is on Tuesday. West Genesee(Malik Zachary) at Bishop Ludden(Adams-Woods). Hopefully some of our locals here can attend the game.
I am going Saturday, so at least I will get to see one of them.

SU's certainly well aware of him since Ludden played and beat JD twice with our coaches in attendance. Mika had 23 & 25 points in the games. He also works with Billy Edelin, is friends with the Boeheim boys and from what I can tell is currently a 3 star recruit as a sophomore with D1 offers from George Washington & East Carolina but bigger programs are definitely showing interest. Should be an interesting recruitment to watch.

Section III tourney is supposed to be wide open this year, with no clear cut favorite. Best matchup in the opening round is on Tuesday. West Genesee(Malik Zachary) at Bishop Ludden(Adams-Woods). Hopefully some of our locals here can attend the game.
I believe Ludden will be streaming the game on Livestream so those near and far can watch. Download the app or go to Livestream.com and search for Bishop Ludden. They've also been putting links to the stream on their Facebook page.

Last edited:
I knew this kid was a player from the first time I saw him, but man the kids just keeps getting better and better. Mika, and his team are lucky to be playing right now. They almost ruined their whole season from a stupid , immature, decision that got them all suspended earlier in the season. It's good to see they were given a 2nd chance, and are making the best of it. I will be trying to get a season tomorrow night in hopes of watching BL advance. I will stop back for a report on MKW after the game.

BISHOP Ludden ROCKS THE house!!!! Let's go!!!

I knew this kid was a player from the first time I saw him, but man the kids just keeps getting better and better. Mika, and his team are lucky to be playing right now. They almost ruined their whole season from a stupid , immature, decision that got them all suspended earlier in the season. It's good to see they were given a 2nd chance, and are making the best of it. I will be trying to get a season tomorrow night in hopes of watching BL advance. I will stop back for a report on MKW after the game.

BISHOP Ludden ROCKS THE house!!!! Let's go!!!

Looking forward to the scouting report.

Don't have any personal inside information, but I would have to think that if we really want him, we can get him, correct? When was the last time the basketball program didn't get a Syracuse kid they really wanted?

Don't have any personal inside information, but I would have to think that if we really want him, we can get him, correct? When was the last time the basketball program didn't get a Syracuse kid they really wanted?
Marcus Douthit? Dray Blatche? Paulus? Not sure if 'Cuse really wanted any of them, but they spring to mind. It's a good question.

Due to weather, the game has been pushed back to tomorrow at 7:45.

Marcus Douthit? Dray Blatche? Paulus? Not sure if 'Cuse really wanted any of them, but they spring to mind. It's a good question.

Another hometown name who went elsewhere - Ben Cronin.

I would think it's a question if we want him and if Hop goes in a different direction or wants a different pg type option than the long, tall guards that JB appears to prefer. He'd need to be strong to take the beating that P5 D1 level of guards have to take. Right now as a sophomore, he's pretty slight.

Douthit was always leaving town for family reasons. Blatche was always going pro. Paulus' dad told JB his son wouldn't sit behind Gmac.

Douthit was always leaving town for family reasons. Blatche was always going pro. Paulus' dad told JB his son wouldn't sit behind Gmac.

Mr. Paulus very well may have said that to JB, but Greg was never going to Syracuse out of high school no matter who was on the roster. His dream has always been to be a big time basketball coach and the opportunity to play point guard for Coach K and then potentially be on his staff to start his coaching career was too much to turn down. Granted it didn't turn out that way for a variety of reasons but that was the thought process and part of the appeal.

If anything it would've been viewed as a great pairing of those two in the backcourt. Greg was a top pg in the country coming out of high school known as being an unbelievable passer which would've allowed Gmac to move off the ball at times and let the offense set him up for some much higher percentage shot opportunites and less of a strenuous workload offensively.

Didn't get to watch but read the Twitter rundown and ... Holy Moley. Sounds like that was a game for the ages. Mika with a 3/4 court buzzer-beater to end the third. Zachary leading a furious furious Wildcat comeback. Ludden escapes with a 51-50 win.

Didn't get to watch but read the Twitter rundown and ... Holy Moley. Sounds like that was a game for the ages. Mika with a 3/4 court buzzer-beater to end the third. Zachary leading a furious furious Wildcat comeback. Ludden escapes with a 51-50 win.
Some of the play by play on my timeline that I could remember. BL up 1 with 30 secs left, Zachary shooting one n one for the tie but air balled the FT. BL makes a pair of FT's to go up 3. WG then misses a 3, but BL turns it over on the inbounds and Adams-Woods gets a tech lol. WG cuts it to 1 with the ball for the final shot, but can't convert.

Syracuse.com only has West Genny's stats for some reason. Malik Zachery had 12 points, 5 field goals, 2 free throws. No stats for Ludden for some reason, strange for sure. Can't imagine Donnelly is happy with Adams-Woods getting a tech especially at that juncture of the game. Bet it's a loud lockerroom.

A West Genny player named Troy Temara, a 6'8" senior pf who's committed to George Mason had 16 points.

Cheriehoop said:
Syracuse.com only has West Genny's stats for some reason. Malik Zachery had 12 points, 5 field goals, 2 free throws. No stats for Ludden for some reason, strange for sure. Can't imagine Donnelly is happy with Adams-Woods getting a tech especially at that juncture of the game. Bet it's a loud lockerroom. A West Genny player named Troy Temara, a 6'8" senior pf who's committed to George Mason had 16 points.

Woods had 25. He's the better player. Seen them both a couple times. Should be a Liverpool vs Henninger final though. Anything can happen in the semis but they're the class of AA. Blackwell doing a real nice job as a first year HC.

Woods had 25. He's the better player. Seen them both a couple times. Should be a Liverpool vs Henninger final though. Anything can happen in the semis but they're the class of AA. Blackwell doing a real nice job as a first year HC.
Is Sullivan from Liverpool, a D1 player or nah?

Francis03 said:
Is Sullivan from Liverpool, a D1 player or nah?

Very very good player but I don't see D1. Close but no cigar. I know he's the number one recruit of a few D2/D3 schools but I haven't heard much lately.

The kid that might have a chance at a low D1 on Liverpool is sophomore Naz Johnson. He also plays for Edelin and did some of the national things with the other top CNY sophomores. Nice sophomore class in CNY.

Was at the game and it turned out to be a great game. Adams Woods hit a clutch 3/4 court shot at the end of the 3rd that lifted the crowed and student section who had some awesome chants. The atmosphere was amazing. Zachery did not start and sat most of the 1st quarter. The talk was he came to practice late but also that his minutes have been like this almost all year. I believe he did not check in the game until around 2 minutes and some seconds left in the 1st quarter. Then when he did get in he was called for two quick fouls on charges and they took away a basket and he had to go back out. Zachery did not start the 2nd half either for whatever reason but WG had a heck of a comeback in the 4th and held Woods to zero points in the 4th. Zachery must have scored 5 baskets in the 4th but missed a very clutch foul shot that would have tied the game. Zachery baited Woods into getting a hopefully game saving tech to put Genny down by 1 off the made foul shots though. Adam Woods had a really good 1st half and made some real good plays for Ludden. I think Woods must play well for Ludden to win and he knows he has the green light to do so. Genny was down around 20 in the 1st half and staged a great comeback only to fall 1 point short. Great win for Ludden and a very exciting game to watch. The Ludden/Henninger game should be a another great one next week. It will be interesting to see how Henninger responds after losing their starting point guard and key reserve for the season.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom