Class of 2019 - PG Mika Adams-Woods (NY) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Mika Adams-Woods (NY)

CuseRaised said:
Was at the game and it turned out to be a great game. Adams Woods hit a clutch 3/4 court shot at the end of the 3rd that lifted the crowed and student section who had some awesome chants. The atmosphere was amazing. Zachery did not start and sat most of the 1st quarter. The talk was he came to practice late but also that his minutes have been like this almost all year. I believe he did not check in the game until around 2 minutes and some seconds left in the 1st quarter. Then when he did get in he was called for two quick fouls on charges and they took away a basket and he had to go back out. Zachery did not start the 2nd half either for whatever reason but WG had a heck of a comeback in the 4th and held Woods to zero points in the 4th. Zachery must have scored 5 baskets in the 4th but missed a very clutch foul shot that would have tied the game. Zachery baited Woods into getting a hopefully game saving tech to put Genny down by 1 off the made foul shots though. Adam Woods had a really good 1st half and made some real good plays for Ludden. I think Woods must play well for Ludden to win and he knows he has the green light to do so. Genny was down around 20 in the 1st half and staged a great comeback only to fall 1 point short. Great win for Ludden and a very exciting game to watch. I look forward to watching the Ludden/Henninger game next week.

Great recap.

Was at the game and it turned out to be a great game. Adams Woods hit a clutch 3/4 court shot at the end of the 3rd that lifted the crowed and student section who had some awesome chants. The atmosphere was amazing. Zachery did not start and sat most of the 1st quarter. The talk was he came to practice late but also that his minutes have been like this almost all year. I believe he did not check in the game until around 2 minutes and some seconds left in the 1st quarter. Then when he did get in he was called for two quick fouls on charges and they took away a basket and he had to go back out. Zachery did not start the 2nd half either for whatever reason but WG had a heck of a comeback in the 4th and held Woods to zero points in the 4th. Zachery must have scored 5 baskets in the 4th but missed a very clutch foul shot that would have tied the game. Zachery baited Woods into getting a hopefully game saving tech to put Genny down by 1 off the made foul shots though. Adam Woods had a really good 1st half and made some real good plays for Ludden. I think Woods must play well for Ludden to win and he knows he has the green light to do so. Genny was down around 20 in the 1st half and staged a great comeback only to fall 1 point short. Great win for Ludden and a very exciting game to watch. The Ludden/Henninger game should be a another great one next week. It will be interesting to see how Henninger responds after losing their starting point guard and key reserve for the season.

One of my partners has a son who plays for Genny. Zachery doesnt start because he never goes to practice. This is why he didnt (or doesnt start).

Genny blew it. They waited 3 quarters to start doubling Woods and by then he had scored 25 points. They had so many chances that final 90 seconds. 2 missed one and ones, a couple of turnovers. They kept running the same play which was spacing the floor and Zachery taking it to the hole. It worked for a couple of times but then it stopped working and they kept running it for some reason. It stopped working and the fact that this kid is a terrible foul shooter the ball shouldnt have been in his hands.

The T call was probably warranted but I would have swallowed my whistle (and I am friends with the guy who called it).

I am also friends with the Ludden coach and they are really a one man team. Yes they have Allen and Walser but without Woods going off they have little chance next game.

One of my partners has a son who plays for Genny. Zachery doesnt start because he never goes to practice. This is why he didnt (or doesnt start).

Genny blew it. They waited 3 quarters to start doubling Woods and by then he had scored 25 points. They had so many chances that final 90 seconds. 2 missed one and ones, a couple of turnovers. They kept running the same play which was spacing the floor and Zachery taking it to the hole. It worked for a couple of times but then it stopped working and they kept running it for some reason. It stopped working and the fact that this kid is a terrible foul shooter the ball shouldnt have been in his hands.

The T call was probably warranted but I would have swallowed my whistle (and I am friends with the guy who called it).

I am also friends with the Ludden coach and they are really a one man team. Yes they have Allen and Walser but without Woods going off they have little chance next game.

That's not the game I watched but anyway great job by both teams. Also a T is definitely warranted when you tell a ref to "get the F off of me"

That's not the game I watched but anyway great job by both teams. Also a T is definitely warranted when you tell a ref to "get the F off of me"
I agree on that T comment. I knew the F bomb was said.

Anyone know why Ludden's 6'5" Jim Grabowski didn't play and if he'll play against Henninger? Was he hurt? Ludden except for Woods is inexperienced compared to last year's team when they had the older Walser and Rauch etc.

Woods admitted in an interview that he said something he shouldn't have getting the tech which was his 5th foul too earning a seat.

Anyone know why Ludden's 6'5" Jim Grabowski didn't play and if he'll play against Henninger? Was he hurt? Ludden except for Woods is inexperienced compared to last year's team when they had the older Walser and Rauch etc.

Woods admitted in an interview that he said something he shouldn't have getting the tech which was his 5th foul too earning a seat.

Crowed was saying he hurt his back and is out for the Henninger game also. Maybe a game time decisions? I think they will need him.

They have been saying that about Ludden for 20 years, and the one thing I will never do is count out a Coach Donnelly team. I can go on and on with the upsets of teams we had no little chance with. Hell I remember playing East High (Roch) my Soph year. They were fully loaded top 20 in the state (AA, we were C at that time) led by Tory Jefferson, who went on to play at Rhode Island. There coach was so confident after watching us warm up that they didn't start their normal starting 5. By the time they were down 14-0 I think their coach realized the mistake he made as they went on to get blown out.

That same year (96) Henniger probably had the best CNY team over the past 25 years. I believe they were ranked nationally at one point that year. It was the year they had 6 athletes who went on to play D1: Mo Brown, Marquis Walker, Dave Davis, Damian Mallory etc. We scrimmaged them 3 times that year. Twice before the season, and once before sectionals. We beat them every single quarter but 1. I can go on and on with "upsets" over the years.

I'm sure they will be out gunned by whoever they play, but i'd definitely not bet against them.

They have been saying that about Ludden for 20 years, and the one thing I will never do is count out a Coach Donnelly team. I can go on and on with the upsets of teams we had no little chance with. Hell I remember playing East High (Roch) my Soph year. They were fully loaded top 20 in the state (AA, we were C at that time) led by Tory Jefferson, who went on to play at Rhode Island. There coach was so confident after watching us warm up that they didn't start their normal starting 5. By the time they were down 14-0 I think their coach realized the mistake he made as they went on to get blown out.

That same year (96) Henniger probably had the best CNY team over the past 25 years. I believe they were ranked nationally at one point that year. It was the year they had 6 athletes who went on to play D1: Mo Brown, Marquis Walker, Dave Davis, Damian Mallory etc. We scrimmaged them 3 times that year. Twice before the season, and once before sectionals. We beat them every single quarter but 1. I can go on and on with "upsets" over the years.

I'm sure they will be out gunned by whoever they play, but i'd definitely not bet against them.
Damn your old

Crowed was saying he hurt his back and is out for the Henninger game also. Maybe a game time decisions? I think they will need him.
Yes it is the back and he is out Saturday for sure.

Yes it is the back and he is out Saturday for sure.

That will hurt, he had some size and they have a thin enough rotation mainly depending on other sophomores for depth.

Ludden beat Henninger in a back 'n forth contest 56-54 with Mika Adams-Woods scoring 23 points. They will be playing Ryan Blackwell's Liverpool team for the sectional championship. Blackwell has done a great job with a long time sleeping giant, Liverpool getting them to the finals.

Ludden beat Henninger in a back 'n forth contest 56-54 with Mika Adams-Woods scoring 23 points. They will be playing Ryan Blackwell's Liverpool team for the sectional championship. Blackwell has done a great job with a long time sleeping giant, Liverpool getting them to the finals.
Cuse coaches better be in the building to get a look at Mika.

I don't know what time but the sectional game is next Saturday, same day as SU vs NC St.

As I said...

Francis03 said:
I agree . Hard to think this kid is just a sophomore. He just needs to fill out some, but otherwise he meets all the requirements for a high level recruit. Great handle, above average quickness, above average - great shooter, above average passer, average defender, and elite basketball IQ. If Joseph could get a scholarship at Cuse so will MKW. Just hope he doesn't transfer to one of the big time prep schools next year or the year after. Gotta keep him at BL.

Cheriehoop said:

I was at both games tonight. Both fun games. Liverpool IMO is the best of the bunch and hopefully they take Ludden down. Sullivan was great tonight. Gets to the basket so easily. If not for foul trouble for the Liverpool bigs, the game tonight would have been over much sooner. Blackwell has Liverpool playing the 2-3 zone (shocker) and they play it well. They are all quick and the two guards up top, the Cutler bothers are a real pain for the opposing guards. Quick as hell and tenacious.

He takes on Liverpool this Saturday at OCC for the sectional championship. The matchup of him vs. Liverpool's, Tyler Sullivan will be a good one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom