Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skout did a piece on our friend today. He's visiting three warm-weather schools in USC, Miami and Zona and will decide "after July". I liked it better when it was " soon".

http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2016/04/ottos-world-podcast-episode-13.html
The recruiting portion starts around the 43 minute mark, where I talk about Green, Bamba, Dembele, Mullins, Diagne, etc.

JB visited Green tonight after the Dembele trip.
IMG_20160407_211636.jpg

Tee, nice vid, and pretty good jam too ... got this middle aged white guy tapping his foot. This kid is legit. Looks like he could dime a kid sitting in the 3d row. That spin move was sweet.

Last edited:
http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2016/04/ottos-world-podcast-episode-13.html
The recruiting portion starts around the 43 minute mark, where I talk about Green, Bamba, Dembele, Mullins, Diagne, etc.

JB visited Green tonight after the Dembele trip.

Since English is my third language, I have to sit there and be 100% focused when listening to your pod which helps me to improve my English at the same time. I don't just like the pod, I LOVE it. Thanks for your contribution to the Orange Nation!

Since English is my third language, I have to sit there and be 100% focused when listening to your pod which helps me to improve my English at the same time. I don't just like the pod, I LOVE it. Thanks for your contribution to the Orange Nation!
Thanks, that really means a lot. What I said towards the end of the pod, is directly meant for fans like you that take the time to listen and gives me the pleasure to keep on doing it.:)

Great stuff as always, Francis!

There is nothing better than 10+ solid minutes of recruiting talk from somebody who has actually seen the players play if you are a SU hoops recruiting fanatic!

I was a bit surprised by your assessment of Richards--I like that kid, a lot. But there's no substitute for seeing him in person.

Last edited:
Great stuff as always, Francis!

There is nothing better than 10+ solid minutes of recruiting talk from somebody who has actually seen the players play if you are a SU hoops recruiting fanatic!

I was a bit surprised by your assessment of Richards--I like that kid, a lot. But there's no substitute for seeing him in person.
Thanks for listening. Richards is a very tricky type of recruit, because I think his five star status will make everybody think that we're getting a player who'll come in and dominate right away. I think it could be a similar situation to Rak, where it'll take some time. The physical tools and upside is there. It's all about how quickly the development curve can come to maximize that potential at SU. I wrote the following below in response to a question last month on his thread when asked for a description.

Thanks Francis. Descriptions of his game sound a bit like Terrance Roberts in high school - great athlete that is working to develop a more well-rounded game. We know that things never really clicked with TRob, but would you say that's accurate at this point, or is Richards more skilled at this stage?

That's not a bad comparison at this point. He's a five star prospect, but so far he's much more potential than player. Very good defender that protects the rim at a high level. Runs the floor well and is a good finisher around the rim. On the flip side, his offensive skill set has a ways to go. He doesn't have much of a feel with the ball outside of dunks/layups. Hands are kind of suspect. I've seen him bobble passes and rebounds at times. Key thing here is that he has only been playing b-ball for the last 3-4 years since coming over from Jamaica. So the main thing will be how well can a college coaching staff maximize his potential.

When talking Richards vs Diagne. Diagne is a plug n play guy who might not give us the shot blocking in the middle that Richards could provide, but he'll make up for that with his offensive production and cleaning up on the glass.

Just to dovetail off of some of the other posters. I've been reading the site for years (years!) and have only recently begun to post. Historically, I typically start searching for Francis's posts when the spring recruiting and open evaluation season opens, just so I can get some top-tier recruiting analysis about Cuse targets, recruiting efforts and commitment probabilities. You're posts and podcasts are fantastic! I'd know next to nothing about guys like Quade, Diallo, Richards, Reid, etc., without you and the rest of the posters on the recruiting board. Now when I talk to other Cuse fans and assorted Philistines who pull for other programs, I actually sound like I know something. Keep pumping out the content.

Just to dovetail off of some of the other posters. I've been reading the site for years (years!) and have only recently begun to post. Historically, I typically start searching for Francis's posts when the spring recruiting and open evaluation season opens, just so I can get some top-tier recruiting analysis about Cuse targets, recruiting efforts and commitment probabilities. You're posts and podcasts are fantastic! I'd know next to nothing about guys like Quade, Diallo, Richards, Reid, etc., without you and the rest of the posters on the recruiting board. Now when I talk to other Cuse fans and assorted Philistines who pull for other programs, I actually sound like I know something. Keep pumping out the content.
Thanks for the kind words and please post more often if you want. Less syrfan beefing on this side with plenty of insightful thoughts and opinions from the gang here.

Scotland, PA is just off of I-81, south of Harrisburg. Only an exit or two south of Carlisle, where another pretty good SU big man came from (Billy Owens).
Sounds like SU country ... I'm sure it doesn't hurt sending Scranton Mayor, Hon. Gerald McNamara, down there. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words and please post more often if you want. Less syrfan beefing on this side with plenty of insightful thoughts and opinions from the gang here.

I also want to say that although I have never posted in this forum, I have been reading it since it opened and I appreciate everything you do here Francis! You are the man!

I also want to say that although I have never posted in this forum, I have been reading it since it opened and I appreciate everything you do here Francis! You are the man!
Thank you, kind sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.