Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 185 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say what everyone else is thinking, I hope his basketball career crashes and burns. I hope Trae commits to UK and Quade is an afterthought. He will then be recruited over year after year and never play professionally because he's a midget. Bad move on his part, he had the chance to be developed by real coaches.
In cases like this, I don't wish the kid good luck or bad luck. I wish them no luck. Just like we are to him, ultimately he will be an afterthought to us.

There are a few things I hope this changes about recruiting. First, when a player publically states he's waiting on UK or Duke we start to work our Plan B. Second, when a player can't pull the trigger after 2 plus years and 10 plus visits we have recognize that's a terrible sign. Third, when players "bleed orange" growing up, we spend some more time actively with them.

Marbury supposedly bled Orange. When the PayPals of the world come calling, it doesn't seem to make that much of a difference.

I wouldve liked to hear the convo between him and Gmac when he told him, if he even had the decency to let him know beforehand.
I said it was a reason, He spent a lot of quality time he could have recruit this player and others.
Victory has a 1000 fathers and defeat is an orphan. No one on Syracuse did anything wrong. We got the kid. Things changed. there was nothing we could do about it.

I'll be honest here. He and his coach say he's not afraid of anything. I think the thought of Frank coming back and maybe even Tyus, scared him off.

Then good riddance, if he is a afraid of a little competition.

We will move on. We've missed out on better players and survived! We got this. Orange Nation!!!

I liked Quade but if the choice is Frank/battle or frank/quade, I'm going with the former every time

I tend to think Battle will return for another year. He's not a starter. Even if he considered it, he's a second round pick this year.

Marbury supposedly bled Orange. When the PayPals of the world come calling, it doesn't seem to make that much of a difference.
Marburys recruitment was filthy. I seriously think we could've Locked up Murray early

He spent quality time bettering himself at his craft and furthering his connections, credibility, and exposure.
Ya like we just saw how his connections, exposure. Be real man, To me he just isn't into it anymore. May be looking forward to retirement

In cases like this, I don't wish the kid good luck or bad luck. I wish them no luck. Just like we are to him, ultimately he will be an afterthought to us.
I of course would never want anyone to get injured, but when it comes to how he plays, I hope it is putrid. We put everything on the line for him and he turned his back last minute. As others have said, there is a right and wrong ways to do things. I don't give him a free pass "because he's a kid." He is an adult, and he knew what this decision meant and he handled it poorly.

I tend to think Battle will return for another year. He's not a starter. Even if he considered it, he's a second round pick this year.
I hope so. He's so damn good. I can't believe how off we were about his shooting!

The kid did do us wrong.

Without any direct knowledge, seems like the staff was naive with this kid. No reason for him not to have committed months ago. This has to be a learning experience for 3.

I hope so. He's so damn good. I can't believe how off we were about his shooting!
We weren't off though. It was posted here that he shot around 40% his senior year from three.

Ya like we just saw how his connections, exposure. Be real man, To me he just isn't into it anymore. May be looking forward to retirement

Right, none of that matters anymore all because some 5'11 little picked Kentucky.

"Get real"...LOL.

I can't believe you're serious.

Isn't someone missing here? Shouldn't someone be here to explain what he got wrong? I mean people get things wrong. Part of the game. But one shouldn't hide.

And that was really the only thing keeping some here optimistic when the writing was obviously on the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.