Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good vibes. Good chatter. I like our chances even more after a conversation with someone close to Jay Wright. Jay: "everyone thinks Quade is going to Syracuse." No timetable, so I doubt anything is imminent.

Good vibes. Good chatter. I like our chances even more after a conversation with someone close to Jay Wright. Jay: "everyone thinks Quade is going to Syracuse." No timetable, so I doubt anything is imminent.

Just to follow up here, but UK fans seem to think Tremont Waters is the backup plan for PG.

iommi said:

Did Jay share any evaluation of Quade?

Did Jay share any evaluation of Quade?

Not this time, to my knowledge. In the past, the guy I know (I've known him for a long time but wouldn't call him a friend) has said that Jay gushed about Quade all the time. Jay has told him he's a playmaker but a leader first. Loves being in charge of the team and running the show.

iommi said:
Not this time, to my knowledge. In the past, the guy I know (I've known him for a long time but wouldn't call him a friend) has said that Jay gushed about Quade all the time. Jay has told him he's a playmaker but a leader first. Loves being in charge of the team and running the show.

That's good to hear coming from such a good coach. I can't wait for it to be official.

iommi said:
Not trying to hedge but nothing Jay Wright says makes it so. It's certainly a positive indicator since no one has better contacts in Philly hoops than Jay.

Yeah, I understand that, and until the LOI is signed it isn't official, but we are inching closer and it will likely impact a few others, so I am extra anxious.

I hope he steps up soon and makes it his team. The sooner the better because we will get better recruits to help him succeed.

I feel like at some point I'm going to walk into a room and someone is going to tell me they have been recording me for the last 12 months and my reactions to Syracuse Basketball. Then I'm going to look over and Tauren Thompson, Andrew White and Quade Green are going to be sitting on a couch laughing at me.

maybe Q is just waiting to see how good frank howard is this year. and he is going to be real good but not good enough for nba draft boards. I mean is frank looks really good that might not bode well for q to run the show

maybe Q is just waiting to see how good frank howard is this year. and he is going to be real good but not good enough for nba draft boards. I mean is frank looks really good that might not bode well for q to run the show

Quade Green starts from Day 1.

If he's waiting to see how Frank Howard does... then he isn't high major material. I doubt he's worried about being able to come and and get playing time and he should certainly have the confidence in his game that his play will speak for itself and make that a non issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.