Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Young doesn't go to UK and announces before Green then a lot of SU fans will get very nervous. To me it seems obvious that we are the front runner by a good bit with Green but that is meaningless without closing the deal. I can guarantee the staff wants to close the deal and get this commitment and he still hasn't. In homes are usually a sign of things winding down so I'm guessing early-mid October at this point.
I agree with everything you say, but I will be nervous if Young decides on somewhere else before Quade makes his decision, because I think UK will then go into desperation mode, and a desperate Cal is a generous Cal.

I was just thinking of something. How cool would it be if Green, Randolph and Bamba all committee to Syracuse at the same time. The PSA Cards come to Cuse. In announcing it Green could even say, "We are taking our talents to central New York." I mean come on that would be amazing.

If Young doesn't go to UK and announces before Green then a lot of SU fans will get very nervous. To me it seems obvious that we are the front runner by a good bit with Green but that is meaningless without closing the deal. I can guarantee the staff wants to close the deal and get this commitment and he still hasn't. In homes are usually a sign of things winding down so I'm guessing early-mid October at this point.
If Young commits to Oklahoma there is a good chance I won't be able to sleep until Green commits.

We are terrified of going head to head with UK for a recruit, but we think Oklahoma will beat them for a guy. Nah. Don't see it.

Really miss playing them. We had a pretty good national program non-conference rivalry going in the 90s. Obviously they got us in the '96 NC game but I was never more proud to be a fan of a team in defeat. We lost but earned respect. We beat them in the Dome in 94(great game!), they got us in Rupp in '95. I'd like to forget Alaska '97, but we knocked them out of the NCAAs the last time we played in 2000 on Shumpert's jumper. 5 matchups in 7 years. I miss going head up with them. Probably won't see them on the schedule again any time soon, but I would love it if we met up in a preseason tourney or the NCAAs again. These "can we recruit against these guys" posts make me want to play them and beat them.

Really miss playing them. We had a pretty good national program non-conference rivalry going in the 90s. Obviously they got us in the '96 NC game but I was never more proud to be a fan of a team in defeat. We lost but earned respect. We beat them in the Dome in 94(great game!), they got us in Rupp in '95. I'd like to forget Alaska '97, but we knocked them out of the NCAAs the last time we played in 2000 on Shumpert's jumper. 5 matchups in 7 years. I miss going head up with them. Probably won't see them on the schedule again any time soon, but I would love it if we met up in a preseason tourney or the NCAAs again. These "can we recruit against these guys" posts make me want to play them and beat them.

It was such a ridiculous miss of the SEC-Big East challenge. Both UK and Syracuse were Top 5 teams for a couple years there and we are playing friggen Arkansas. Hell, I think they played St. John's one year. What a waste.

It was such a ridiculous miss of the SEC-Big East challenge. Both UK and Syracuse were Top 5 teams for a couple years there and we are playing friggen Arkansas. Hell, I think they played St. John's one year. What a waste.

Agreed. Also, we seemingly played Florida every year around that time too. Though that Arkansas game was memorable in that it gave us a Southerland 9 3 pointer game, and I also remember being convinced around the time of that game that MCW would go down as our best player since Carmelo, as he had a great game and had an incredible start to that season.

If Quade comes here, he would seem to be our biggest PG recruit since MCW?Or would he be even bigger? Flynn? Autry? We know who our number 1 all time PG recruit is forever, but could Quade challenge those guys for #2?

Agreed. Also, we seemingly played Florida every year around that time too. Though that Arkansas game was memorable in that it gave us a Southerland 9 3 pointer game, and I also remember being convinced around the time of that game that MCW would go down as our best player since Carmelo, as he had a great game and had an incredible start to that season.

If Quade comes here, he would seem to be our biggest PG recruit since MCW?Or would he be even bigger? Flynn? Autry? We know who our number 1 all time PG recruit is forever, but could Quade challenge those guys for #2?

Yeah that Arkansas game was great, but now imagine Southy going off for 9 3's at Rupp instead.

Chugg21 what are you doing!! Quade could be reading this right now. UK hates guards and views them as a necessary evil. Syracuse is the only place for him. No one will love him like I will.

He would have top billing on our card. Green would be the Orange brand. It would be his team and every TV headline would have Green in it. If he goes to UK that would not be the case.

We are terrified of going head to head with UK for a recruit, but we think Oklahoma will beat them for a guy. Nah. Don't see it.

The last guy we beat UK head to head for was Coleman.

Oklahoma has been ahead for Trae for a long while but Kentucky thinks they made up a lot of ground on his recent visit. I would now put UK in the lead with him, but Oklahoma will still have its official and a lot of time left.

Duke could get a commitment from Coleman in the next week. Also are in home with Bamba this week and are expected to really start tightening the screws. They're officially out with Green (although I think Zags might have 'reported' that in his blog last week).

Quade could still look at UK depending on what happens with Trae. Will see.

Oklahoma has been ahead for Trae for a long while but Kentucky thinks they made up a lot of ground on his recent visit. I would now put UK in the lead with him, but Oklahoma will still have its official and a lot of time left.

Duke could get a commitment from Coleman in the next week. Also are in home with Bamba this week and are expected to really start tightening the screws. They're officially out with Green (although I think Zags might have 'reported' that in his blog last week).

Nothing new that anyone else here didn't know. Duke isn't signing bother Carter and Bamba IMO though.

Trae took his official to Oklahoma this past weekend.

The Hook is hooked by the Legend!
Francis aka -
images

Status
Not open for further replies.