Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if Quade is smarter than all a-them chumps. He's taking all these visits to have in-person access to a bunch of recruits he can bring north.

Hey greased lightning, you didn't exactly break the news, read those quotes by Coleman yesterday...

The one thing I wasn't sure about is someone posting about Howard being discussed. The Coleman stuff talking about Green being our guy was all over the place.

I didn't make the post, but I don't think it is all over the place. The premise is that, since Coleman said SU is all in on Quade, if Quade doesn't choose SU, JB must be happy enough to roll the ball out on the floor with Frank Howard as the PG. If that wasn't the case, SU would have other offers out for a PG. It implies that JB feels that Quade is the best option, but that if they don't get Quade, Howard is the second best option (above Coleman, etc.)

Since I don't see JB not having a back up situation after what happened to Ennis, I believe the original posters premise is likely correct. Option #1 - Quade. Option #2 - Frank Howard > Option #3 - any other 2017 PG.
Having said that, I would expect that if SU doesn't get Quade, JB will be on the 5th yr transfer wire again for a back-up (competition for Howard)

I didn't make the post, but I don't think it is all over the place. The premise is that, since Coleman said SU is all in on Quade, if Quade doesn't choose SU, JB must be happy enough to roll the ball out on the floor with Frank Howard as the PG. If that wasn't the case, SU would have other offers out for a PG. It implies that JB feels that Quade is the best option, but that if they don't get Quade, Howard is the second best option (above Coleman, etc.)

Since I don't see JB not having a back up situation after what happened to Ennis, I believe the original posters premise is likely correct. Option #1 - Quade. Option #2 - Frank Howard > Option #3 - any other 2017 PG.
Having said that, I would expect that if SU doesn't get Quade, JB will be on the 5th yr transfer wire again for a back-up (competition for Howard)

I could totally see a situation where Quade and Howard are in the backcourt together. They might have to be if we keep missing out on our SG targets.

The one thing I wasn't sure about is someone posting about Howard being discussed. The Coleman stuff talking about Green being our guy was all over the place.
What I meant by it is read between the lines... Frank has showed JB during practice that he is a ACC starting caliber PG and from everyone I have talked to Frank is going to be the man running the offense this year and not Gillon, which for some reason everyone fell in love with.

So JB can sit on Q and if it does not happen we can wait till the next recruiting class looking for a PG instead of taking a lesser one just to fill a spot.

What I meant by it is read between the lines... Frank has showed JB during practice that he is a ACC starting caliber PG and from everyone I have talked to Frank is going to be the man running the offense this year and not Gillon, which for some reason everyone fell in love with.

So JB can sit on Q and if it does not happen we can wait till the next recruiting class looking for a PG instead of taking a lesser one just to fill a spot.

Got ya. I thought there was a quote in a zags article. Thanks.

I could totally see a situation where Quade and Howard are in the backcourt together. They might have to be if we keep missing out on our SG targets.

It's definitely possible if Howard shows big strides with his jumper. We obviously are bringing in QG to play pg so Howard would have to be off the ball in that scenario.

Antiprodigy Yeah, "all over the place" was stupid and maybe the Coleman on Green quote was just quoted in a few different articles. Anyway, great post and this makes sense. I agree that the 5th year grad option will be in play but the staff will obviously look for Option 3 first, as you laid out. Gonna want to stock the shelves with a program guy before a one year grad transfer. Great stuff.

Last edited:
Sometimes we forget how good of a shooter Quade is. Good enough to play off the ball if we had Frank in there. I think they would share the lead guard responsibilities if they were in the game together.

Last edited:
Sometimes we forget of good of a shooter Quade is. Good to play off the ball if we had Frank in there. I think they would share the lead guard responsibilities if they were in the game together.
Agree. Bucket getter, this guy. Quade can pass the ball but fearless in the lane, Philly mentality of "getting his" points. I think it's a really nice thing to force the defense into tough situations when either of these guys can penetrate and distribute. Pick your poison type goings on.

Sometimes we forget how good of a shooter Quade is. Good enough to play off the ball if we had Frank in there. I think they would share the lead guard responsibilities if they were in the game together.

Like the two duke PGs in 2014-2015.

I could totally* see a situation in which Howard goes pro at the end of this season.

*Not, like, literally "totally."

I gotta ask the tough question on Quade - everybody here is posting that other recruits will want to play with QG and that other commitments will follow once Quade is in the fold. However, is it possible the opposite is true, and that perhaps Quade could be reluctant to come here because our lack of other commits makes him wonder who he will be playing with ???? Any thoughts on this, particularly from insiders.

Hope we are not getting into a chicken & egg syndrome......

If you read the school logos from the top left to right and then the bottom left to right, there is only one outlier.

Duke is not in the proper place alphabetically...is that a clue?

If you read the school logos from the top left to right and then the bottom left to right, there is only one outlier.

Duke is not in the proper place alphabetically...is that a clue?

Temple is before Duke and Kentucky in the alphabet?

It is in my alphabet...after a few tokes.

IMG_5965.GIF

He's gotta be Orange. Don't like the idea of more officials after our midnight madness. I get it, but the selfish fan in me wants a commit right then and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.