Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quade just received offers from Louisville and Notre Dame and the Duke coaching staff just contacted his mother.

Hope Jimmy gives him the Ennis treatment and tracks em at every event...with him playing along Bamba I bet he gets offered by Duke at the minimum and possibly UK although hed be their like plan D

Unless we are changing our philosophy when Hopkins takes over how does Green fit our defense

Looking at his tape 5'11 is very generous

Our best defensive teams have always been with long guards out front of the 2-3 (MCW, Triche were the best ever)

Unless we are changing our philosophy when Hopkins takes over how does Green fit our defense

Our best defensive teams have always been with long guards out front of the 2-3 (MCW, Triche were the best ever)

Here's hoping Hop will recruit great players, and play a style that fits the players on the roster. If that means zone great, if it requires something else than so be it.

Here's hoping Hop will recruit great players, and play a style that fits the players on the roster. If that means zone great, if it requires something else than so be it.
I can agree with this philosophy, but we would have said that same thing about this team not being able to play the zone well enough. And here they are after winning two NCAA tourney games winning each by at least 20 and only giving up 51 at the most.

'bout as tall as Boatright I'd say :noidea:

In my non-coach/fan opinion, it seems like the offense has struggled the past couple of years because they
lacked a guy who could get by guys with a dribble. If it means the zone defense has to be weakened a bit to
get rid of these games in the 50s, or God forbid in the 40s like GaTech/VA last year, I think lots of people
would be fine with that.

Kev

In my non-coach/fan opinion, it seems like the offense has struggled the past couple of years because they
lacked a guy who could get by guys with a dribble. If it means the zone defense has to be weakened a bit to
get rid of these games in the 50s, or God forbid in the 40s like GaTech/VA last year, I think lots of people
would be fine with that.

Kev
We have turned down wayyy too many quality scorers over the past few years especially at guard, because they were looked at as bad fits for the zone. If there is one spot that I would prefer us to make an exemption from that would be the lead guard position.

We have turned down wayyy too many quality scorers over the past few years especially at guard, because they were looked at as bad fits for the zone. If there is one spot that I would prefer us to make an exemption from that would be the lead guard position.

THIS.

Who here wouldn't take another GMac or Jonny Flynn in a heartbeat? Or Sherm?

Nope, sorry. Bad fit for the zone. :confused:

Perfectly stated.

It's pretty obvious JB is deferring more in 17 and beyond because the guard is changing and hop wants to recruit great players first and foremost, not just long athletes. He won't be married to the zone, nor should we expect him to be.

It's pretty obvious JB is deferring more in 17 and beyond because the guard is changing and hop wants to recruit great players first and foremost, not just long athletes. He won't be married to the zone, nor should we expect him to be.

Complete BS.

Yep. I mean I wouldn't want 2 5'11 guys up top at the same time -- but he's quick and as long as he understands the slides, he'll be fine at the zone. MCW was pretty much a freak of nature when it came to the zone and G wasn't a PG until this year -- 6'6 PG's don't grow on trees

Status
Not open for further replies.