Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 108 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Battle comes back great but we still don't have a great team, middle of the pack ACC maybe a little worse.

Howard
Battle
Moyer/Brissett
Thompson
7'2"

Bench:

Moyer/Brissett

I could honestly live with that 5, but that could be a huge hole at the 5 and 3. We'd still need a guy who can play the 5/4 at 20+ minutes a game, need a guard who could play 10+ minutes a game, and who knows if Moyer or Brissett can even play the 3 at this level.

That seems like it's a lot more than 1-2 holes to fill.

We'd have our starting backcourt set, and the two power positions set. That leaves one hole to fill--at either the 2 or the 3, depending on where Battle plays.

And the rest would be about adding depth.

We'd have our starting backcourt set, and the two power positions set. That leaves one hole to fill--at either the 2 or the 3, depending on where Battle plays.

We are really starting to project our anxieties here...so far, in my decades of fandom, as long as we made it through Celek we can make it through anything...no Hodge...the Hak. No Bryant...then Lydon. Funny things happen, don't panic, it will be OK in the end. Yes of course we want Q, but it may not happen...but it still might happen too...

That depth is extremely important, if we thought G and Cooney were burnt out we may have to have an ambulance on the court for Thompson, Howard, Battle and 7'2".

All depth isn't created equal, we're going to need quality guys to play the 6th and 7th man to be a 20 win team.

Whoa, chill. Regardless of whomever has a source or not, if Green's plan is to announce Saturday, if he has sent an LOI,
the hoops office was probably informed by the coaches ... "the first rule is, you do not talk about Quade. the second rule is, YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT
QUADE." and if he's told the coaches, "hey, I'm UK bound, I'd like to announce Sat, can you not spoil that", then the coaches aren't going to spread
that around either.

But it isn't always the recruiter for your school. GMac, Weaver, Murphy, Hop, they'd all be pushing the same thing to a top kid now. If you lose, it's
not cuz those guys stunk. Az and Nova gotta be wondering about Walker, "what? Miami? uhh ... why?" If you lose him, I'd definitely question the
"we'll stop recruiting A, B, and C, and solely focus on one kid." The better option I'd think would be "hey, we're recruiting you, you, and you. First
come, first served. The program will do fine with any one (or more) of you, but we're not backing off the others to make one of you happy." And I hope
that is a strategy they adopt.

Just let it play out, and we'll be happy, or we won't. And then we'll go back to enjoying the just administered stomping of Monmouth, and enjoying the
ride to Phoenix for an April 3rd victory.

Kev
I don't know the kid. But why visit (the SU) campus so recently to give bad news in person. That makes no sense. Then again, recruiting often doesn't.

We are really starting to project our anxieties here...so far, in my decades of fandom, as long as we made it through Celek we can make it through anything...no Hodge...the Hak. No Bryant...then Lydon. Funny things happen, don't panic, it will be OK in the end. Yes of course we want Q, but it may not happen...but it still might happen too...

Billy Celuck was the 7th guy on the team and was pretty much a backup to McNeil, right now we don't even have a 6th guy.

Billy Celuck was the 7th guy on the team and was pretty much a backup to McNeil, right now we don't even have a 6th guy.
pretty sure he started over half a season not that long before we won a National Championship

You still gotta reach out to Matt Coleman if Green is a fail. Say you were mislead or whatever. Spin it however it needs to be spun. Coleman could be better anyways.

Probably amounts to nothing, but yeah, you absolutely HAVE to try.

What is? I don't see a commitment from Green to UK. Let it play out.
I agree with you. What's too worry? Wait until it's over on Saturday evening.

The most concerning thing for me is Wake, Va Tech, Fl State, and Miami are getting better players this cycle. We're not talking about the powers of the ACC here.

Even Western Kentucky has a top 10 recruit, granted he was going to go to Texas Tech but when the TT assistant got the gig and WK he bolted to them. Point is, perusing through the top 100 there are a lot of programs that are in there that it's kind of embarrassing that they're in there and we're not.

Status
Not open for further replies.