Class of 2022 - PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get back to me after the summer. Amateurs fall in love with meaningless rankings. In that dept., he will blow up during the summer. How about you trust our coaches who have actually seen these guys play to make judgments.
Also the fact he is going to IMG says something. That’s one of the best hs basketball programs in the country and they recruited him to run point for them.

Also the fact he is going to IMG says something. That’s one of the best hs basketball programs in the country and they recruited him to run point for them.

Agree. I'm very curious to see how he does at IMG against some good competition. I anticipate he will be ranked higher after the season.

Get back to me after the summer. Amateurs fall in love with meaningless rankings. In that dept., he will blow up during the summer. How about you trust our coaches who have actually seen these guys play to make judgments.

Same coaches brought in Kaleb Joseph and Jalen Carey.

Same coaches brought in Kaleb Joseph and Jalen Carey.
Meaning what? Do you think I can't go back on recruiting ratings and find their mistakes? Stupid answer on your part. Do you think you by reading recruiting ratings you know more than the Syracuse coach's?

Last edited:
Meaning what? Do you think I can't go back on recruiting ratings and find their mistakes? Stupid answer on your part. Do you think you by reading recruiting ratings you know more than the Syracuse coach's?
I think he actually proved your point. Both those players were ranked fairly high. Top 40, iirc. Perhaps the coaches were blinded by their star ratings.

I'm sure CR would've told the staff not to pursue MCW back in 2010 since he wasn't highly ranked.

I think he actually proved your point. Both those players were ranked fairly high. Top 40, iirc. Perhaps the coaches were blinded by their star ratings.
I liked both coming out of High School. Solid high end 3-4 year players is what I envisioned. Joseph actually had some games where I was sure it had clicked (Nova, Carlton etc) but it never materialized consistently. Carey was always too fast and out of control with a shot that neeeded work.

Last edited:
I'm curious... when people say a recruit will "blow up over the summer", do they mean that they will improve and get a lot better or that their ranking will catch up to where they probably should be? I'm thinking the latter but just wondering.

I'm curious... when people say a recruit will "blow up over the summer", do they mean that they will improve and get a lot better or that their ranking will catch up to where they probably should be? I'm thinking the latter but just wondering.
They mean he’s joining a hs program with considerably more exposure so rec rankings will catch up to better represent his current talent. Just watching the highlights he’s a top 75 kid. Only caveat is he’s a bit too flashy but on the bright side of that he’s passionate like great guards of our past

Yeah

It’s the people responding to him with equally ridiculous and insulting comments that are truly hijacking the thread. There’s no need for it but it is what it is.
And its those same people who actively reference and seek him out every chance they get.
Trolls get fat when they get fed, and there's a contingent of "old-men-in-the-park" types here who love nothing more than to toss bread, while the rest of us have to deal with the isht that's left behind. It's annoying.

Last edited:

Exposure causes hype and that's all the rankings really are... You can roughly figure how developed/athletic a player is by where they are ranked. Advanced kids that play very polished games get ranked higher because they are better at a younger age. Manchild monsters who look like NBA veterans get ranked highly because they are bigger and stronger and look the part. Kids like MCW (for example) who bloom late and look fragile don't get the respect they deserve.

A lot of people think Copeland is in this latter MCW category, that he's going to get the respect he deserves this summer after showing how good he is on the national stage.

On the other hand, regarding Copeland's future, playing for a basketball factory like IMG can only help him get better. IMG could be competitive in the ACC some years, with a roster of guys who will be top100 recruits. Playing against that competition with professional coaching day after day can only make Copeland better.

Some guy referenced two highly regarded recruiting failures above... The list of unheralded guys who turned out to be studs for JB is much longer. If you add in the guys who were offered by Syracuse before anybody else heard of them and then shot up the rankings, its even better. JB is a good recruiter, but he is a great talent evaluator. If JB wants Copeland even with higher rates guys like Westry and Starling still on the table, then "In JB we Trust"

He is not a fallback.

Status
Not open for further replies.