Class of 2022 - PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know if it’s because he’s a big guard and a Philly kid, but he kind of reminds me of Scoop.

So we thinking this will be our next commit? Judging off of that comment it looks like odds may be high. Copeland, Lands, and Clingan/Mulvey isn’t a bad haul. Throw in either Justin Taylor or Ty Rodgers and that’s really solid.
Solid? That would be a monster class.

I think of monster classes including 4-5 top 100 kids with 2 of them in the top 20-50 range, but I get what you’re saying. 4 kids, at least 3 of which are top 50-100 is definitely strong.

Question I have is Copeland a rising prospect or just a decent 3/4 star who would ensure we have adequate depth?

I have no inside info here, but yes, this is the guy I think will be the next to commit to Syracuse. He is saying the kinds of things a player about to verbal to a school says.

In a future interview with Copeland "I wanted to commit right then and there, but (insert adult advisor) told me I had to think about it for a few days first."

Kid is a stud. Perfect fit for JB. Sounds crazy but id rather have 2 years or more of this kid than 1 with Dior.

Sure. He's bigger than Scoop though.
With his raw athletic ability and size, he reminds me more of MCW. He can slash inside and find a way to dunk in traffic very well. I haven’t seen much film of his shooting from the outside, but his form looks good.

He and Kadary up front in the zone would be fun to watch working together.

With his raw athletic ability and size, he reminds me more of MCW. He can slash inside and find a way to dunk in traffic very well. I haven’t seen much film of his shooting from the outside, but his form looks good.

After watching a few videos, all I saw was slashing. I thought he couldn’t shoot. But, then I saw a few outside shots in a video and, like you said, they didn’t look bad. This kid could be flying up the rankings.

I say we get him and Lands and have a backcourt bigger than anyone in the NBA.

rankings don't necessarily mean much, especially this far out. at the beginning of the summer 2019 evaluation period, kadary was ranked sub 300 where he was even ranked at all. by the time he committed to syracuse that fall, he was consensus top 100, and now people both inside & outside the program think he might be one of the top freshmen in the acc.

not projecting a similar progression for quadir (though it would not surprise me), but i trust the staff's ability to identify & assess talent. this is fall 2020 interest for a 2022 kid, so it's primary interest and definitely not a desperate backup plan.

rankings don't necessarily mean much, especially this far out. at the beginning of the summer 2019 evaluation period, kadary was ranked sub 300 where he was even ranked at all. by the time he committed to syracuse that fall, he was consensus top 100, and now people both inside & outside the program think he might be one of the top freshmen in the acc.

not projecting a similar progression for quadir (though it would not surprise me), but i trust the staff's ability to identify & assess talent. this is fall 2020 interest for a 2022 kid, so it's primary interest and definitely not a desperate backup plan.
I mean, he profiles exactly like Triche/MCW/Gbinije/Frankie.

It makes sense why we'd be interested in him and why he can see himself being successful with us.

If we dont trust the staff to reel in highly ranked guys, we should trust them to ID gems and talent.

joe g was a sub 200 prospect and jalen carey was top 50

Listen I've been a Syracuse Basketball fan for almost 25 years live here in Syracuse all my life so I have lived and breathed it. I would share my thoughts with Jim or any of the staff If I ran into them in the community. It's reasonable and respectful. Like why are we not recruiting 2022 top 10 recruit G Jaden Bradley who is from Rochester and now plays at IMG ?
I think you are entitled to a hearing within 30 days of being served with the restraining order, so have your attorney ready to go.

There has been some more buzz surrounding Syracuse and class of 2022 point guard Bryce Lindsay. Syracuse has spoken to his coach and kept tabs on him. However, the point guards Syracuse fans should be monitoring are Quadir Copeland and JJ Starling.

Copeland recently reached 1,000 career points. He is a legit 6-6, and has been attracting major attention over the last few months. Syracuse offered in November, and he also holds offers from Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Oregon, Penn State and Virginia Tech, among others. Syracuse made a strong impression with a zoom meeting and have been in touch for quite some time. Syracuse's biggest competition right now is Maryland, but Penn State should not be counted out either.

There has been some more buzz surrounding Syracuse and class of 2022 point guard Bryce Lindsay. Syracuse has spoken to his coach and kept tabs on him. However, the point guards Syracuse fans should be monitoring are Quadir Copeland and JJ Starling.

Copeland recently reached 1,000 career points. He is a legit 6-6, and has been attracting major attention over the last few months. Syracuse offered in November, and he also holds offers from Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Oregon, Penn State and Virginia Tech, among others. Syracuse made a strong impression with a zoom meeting and have been in touch for quite some time. Syracuse's biggest competition right now is Maryland, but Penn State should not be counted out either.
We now find ourselves in recruiting “battles” with Penn State, who just fired their head coach. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. If Cuse wants Copeland, they should be able to land him.

We now find ourselves in recruiting “battles” with Penn State, who just fired their head coach. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. If Cuse wants Copeland, they should be able to land him.
We need this guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors