Class of 2022 - PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is so cool that our future starting backcourt is having the chance to get chemistry and learn how to play together this year at IMG.

Agree 144%!! HUGE bonus for us, as they will come in w experience playing together for an entire season, at a very high level.

Marek?
Obviously have some love for Marek but Copeland’s a Northeast kid who you can tell thinks higher of the opportunity to play at Syracuse than most. He’s got swag and flair but in the end I think this kid just wants to win and fire up the crowd. The video of him pretending to run out of the tunnel and look up at the crowd is special.

Quadir is in the Cuse for his Senior OV...
Screenshot_20211008-061319_Instagram.jpg

I really liked what I saw in Copeland's highlights and always thought we could use him in addition to JJ so I'm not sure that was an issue. Who knows if Copeland will be able to handle the point at SU's level but I think his floor as a player overall is pretty high. He reminds me a little of Kadary though I think Kadary was a much better ball handler than we expected. Hopefully Copeland will be also.

I really liked what I saw in Copeland's highlights and always thought we could use him in addition to JJ so I'm not sure that was an issue. Who knows if Copeland will be able to handle the point at SU's level but I think his floor as a player overall is pretty high. He reminds me a little of Kadary though I think Kadary was a much better ball handler than we expected. Hopefully Copeland will be also.
He has the most upside of our recruits

I just really struggle to see how someone watches this and lists him as a 3 star. Maybe he’s just the prototypical highlight player and does nothing otherwise, but kid really looks like he has a high ceiling.

Yeah, longer clips like this are way better than looking at highlights or workouts. He's going to be a terrific guard for us. I know Joe will be here, but I don't see how Joe doesn't move to the off guard.

I thought about who I might compare Copeland to at this stage...as a recruit.
Frank Howard came to mind... 4 star//.96 24//////7 composite score.
I loved Frank as a freshman, but then it seemed things were kind of downhill from there.
I think Copeland MIGHT be better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors