Class of 2017 - PG Trevon Duval (DE) to Duke | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Trevon Duval (DE) to Duke

I can't imagine someone of his caliber going to Baylor just to play until he can get into the NBA when he could go to SU with some really good players and run "his" team and show many scouts his talent with talented players and in one, if not the best conference , especially the competition. He would be seen multiple times on TV. Just saying. Not that I doubt you

One of the reasons I say Baylor might have a chance with Trevon is because they have some connections with Advanced Prep International kids. Baylor got Mark Vital cleared by the NCAA and a lot of people thought that wouldn't be possible. They did not have luck getting Terrance "2K" Ferguson though, as Baylor was trying to get him hard, even though Sean Miller eventually won that battle for a second until he decided to skip college all together. Why do you think Trevon transferred from API? When it's all said and done I think Trevon skips college and if not I believe he could go to Baylor. If not Baylor then I believe an Under Armour school will be the heavy favorite. Under Armour is already waiting to give him that big contract as I type.

Last edited:
Francis03 said:
Gotta imagine that maybe Duke is getting some intel that Matt Coleman is leaning towards Texas now.

Yep, and maybe some info that he could qualify?

Yes, Jeff Capel watched and gave him the Duke offer... Trevon Duval (IMG) vs Collin Sexton (Pebblebrook). IMG won 99-94.. Duval finished with 24 points, 6 assists, and 5 steals... Sexton finished with 39 points, 5 rebounds, and 6 turnovers.

I can't imagine someone of his caliber going to Baylor just to play until he can get into the NBA when he could go to SU with some really good players and run "his" team and show many scouts his talent with talented players and in one, if not the best conference , especially the competition. He would be seen multiple times on TV. Just saying. Not that I doubt you
Except the ball would be in the hands of Frank HOward and Tyus Battle. Duval wouldn't run anything here in 2017

Duke wouldn't waste their time here if they didn't think he would qualify.
Man the merry go round here...so duke winds up with Duval as "consolation" for pulling back from Quade...any other 5-stars for our consolation prize?

It doesn't sound like we'll get reinvolved. Hope I'm wrong.
Don't you run into the same problem with duval taht you had with green, I.e. Having to give up on Ayala etc.

Don't you run into the same problem with duval taht you had with green, I.e. Having to give up on Ayala etc.
Agree. No more pie in the sky let's deal with feasible recruits only

Can't wait to beat Duke in cameron next year.

Not necessarily. Ayala probably only reclassifies to 2017 for a team like Syracuse (of his current offers).

Agree. No more pie in the sky let's deal with feasible recruits only
We have 5 scholarships left , why not get both or at least try. Just because you are recruiting a higher ranked player doesn't mean you tell another recruit we don't want him, hopefully the staff has learned that lesson after the green debacle.

stop posting cool videos in this thread. I'm getting irrationally sad.