Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

this is completely out of left field, but suppose the fact that the ncaa has a close eye on us now. you really have to run things by the book. other programs don't have such a need. could that be our current disadvantage?

this is completely out of left field, but suppose the fact that the ncaa has a close eye on us now. you really have to run things by the book. other programs don't have such a need. could that be our current disadvantage?

Nah, Jimmy has them just where he wants them.

keep-your-friends-close-but-your-enemies-closer-3.png

Well, I've had a few days to digest the Battle to Michigan news. It still hurts, like the end of "The Notebook" hurts. It's still a terrible blow to lose a guy that talented after sinking like 4 years worth of actual JB recruiting his way. That being said, I think we will still get a really talented point guard for '16 because someone we are currently going after will want that job. I told myself for a long long time I wouldn't "worry" about the program, through a bad season, through the sanctions, through Thomas Bryant miss. I always told myself if we miss on Battle then I'll worry. Welp, we did - and I am. I hope I can look back at this post very soon and laugh.

Well, I've had a few days to digest the Battle to Michigan news. It still hurts, like the end of "The Notebook" hurts. It's still a terrible blow to lose a guy that talented after sinking like 4 years worth of actual JB recruiting his way. That being said, I think we will still get a really talented point guard for '16 because someone we are currently going after will want that job. I told myself for a long long time I wouldn't "worry" about the program, through a bad season, through the sanctions, through Thomas Bryant miss. I always told myself if we miss on Battle then I'll worry. Welp, we did - and I am. I hope I can look back at this post very soon and laugh.

I hear ya', my man. Not getting Battle stings, for now. I also don't think we will ever laugh about this loss (in the short term that is) but I do believe that we will look back on who we got instead and feel just fine and realize that many of us were overreacting to not getting the "one" guy who meant so much to us now. One player has never defined our program and it won't this time either. Call it looking through orange glasses, fine; however, we have a program that will continue to shine and sustain. Just one Orangeman's opinion of course...

I hear ya', my man. Not getting Battle stings, for now. I also don't think we will ever laugh about this loss (in the short term that is) but I do believe that we will look back on who we got instead and feel just fine and realize that many of us were overreacting to not getting the "one" guy who meant so much to us now. One player has never defined our program and it won't this time either. Call it looking through orange glasses, fine; however, we have a program that will continue to shine and sustain. Just one Orangeman's opinion of course...

Many (general cbball fans) would say Carmelo Anthony defines the program. Not saying it's right or wrong, but it's hard to argue.

Many (general cbball fans) would say Carmelo Anthony defines the program. Not saying it's right or wrong, but it's hard to argue.
Yeah, I can see the casual fan saying something like that. However, the reality is that once Carmelo is no longer actively playing in the NBA, that will fade (and this is coming from a BIG Carmelo fan). It will never be forgotten what he did and in terms of being the biggest part of getting us our first National Championship, but he doesn't define our program - he played one year (although that was a heck of a year). Now if someone said Boeheim defines the program, I would still argue that point but it makes sense on many levels. It's similar to what Coach K is to Duke, Izzo is to Mich State, Calipari is to... (just kidding).

Pearl, DC, JDubb Carmelo . . . there have been a few. I think Mamba might have been the next in that lineage, but someone else will be instead.

Wait a minute. I was jumping for joy at the end of the Notebook.

Because it was over.

Yeah, I can see the casual fan saying something like that. However, the reality is that once Carmelo is no longer actively playing in the NBA, that will fade (and this is coming from a BIG Carmelo fan). It will never be forgotten what he did and in terms of being the biggest part of getting us our first National Championship, but he doesn't define our program - he played one year (although that was a heck of a year). Now if someone said Boeheim defines the program, I would still argue that point but it makes sense on many levels. It's similar to what Coach K is to Duke, Izzo is to Mich State, Calipari is to... himself.

Did a bit of editing for you.:D

Did a bit of editing for you.:D

I said what I did because that's what I meant and still do and every word of it as it was originally posted. If you disagree with some of the words or language, then fine, disagree. This is a forum. I respect you as a poster and like reading your stuff (usually), but not in this kind of way. State your opinion as it is rather than screwing with someone else's perspective and "editing" their post even it if is just a few words here and there.

Just when we thought we were getting some clarity on the '16 class, we're getting more confusion. I'm honestly not sure what to think about this. I've been talking myself into Huerter for the past couple weeks, and now...he may actually wind up being the odd man out unless we really can get him to prep.

http://.com/syracuse-back-in-play-for-tyus-battle/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom