Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

Please don't turn into a Whitehead/Briscoe circus.

It doesn't seem like a "circus" at all. Given how tight lipped the family is being, if anything it is the OPPOSITE of a circus.

They made a mistake, and now they want to make sure that they do all necessary due dilligence to get the decision right. Nothing wrong with that. Have faith.

It doesn't seem like a "circus" at all. Given how tight lipped the family is being, if anything it is the OPPOSITE of a circus.

They made a mistake, and now they want to make sure that they do all necessary due dilligence to get the decision right. Nothing wrong with that. Have faith.
This. Exactly this. They realized that they rushed into a commitment and don't want to repeat that mistake. The fact they are avoiding talking to the media about it means it IS the exact opposite of a circus. They're not running around talking to anyone who will listen. They're saying "please give us some space to figure out what is best for Tyus and our family."

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Josh Langford commits to MSU. All for kids ensuring they made the right choice, but Tyus Battle&#39;s decommitment screwed Michigan.</p>&mdash; Drew Hallett (@DrewCHallett) <a href="">June 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Welcome to the world of major D1 recruiting. Michigan isn't the first school to have this happen to them. The guy is hammering on an 18-year old kid. Michigan screwed themselves putting all their eggs in two baskets. JB learned a long time ago you better have options beyond A and B (Kenny Anderson and Stephon fiascos).

PeteCalvin said:
Welcome to the world of major D1 recruiting. Michigan isn't the first school to have this happen to them. The guy is hammering on an 18-year old kid. Michigan screwed themselves putting all their eggs in two baskets. JB learned a long time ago you better have options beyond A and B (Kenny Anderson and Stephon fiascos).
What were options b through d before battle declared? I think JB kind of goofed here too.

Is this guy a game changer? And by that I mean could he be part of bringing us another national title? Like Melo did?

Is this guy a game changer? And by that I mean could he be part of bringing us another national title? Like Melo did?
Yes, yes, and probably not. But I would say the same about at least 3 of the 4 recruits we're bringing in this year.

Wait - you think we could legitimately compete for the national title with these 4 freshmen coming in next year???!

Wait - you think we could legitimately compete for the national title with these 4 freshmen coming in next year???!

No, but that's not what you asked. You asked if he could be a part of bringing us a national title--and he could be a PART of that (especially if he stays a few years). So could the freshman we're bringing in, but probably not until they're juniors. That's why I said probably not to your question about Melo.

If you had to put a percentage on him being orange, what would you say? Make me feel all warm and fuzzy please.

Seems to me if he wanted to commit he'd have done so by now. Especially after he dissed SU by backing out of his first scheduled visit.

No, but that's not what you asked. You asked if he could be a part of bringing us a national title--and he could be a PART of that (especially if he stays a few years). So could the freshman we're bringing in, but probably not until they're juniors. That's why I said probably not to your question about Melo.
He won't stay though. He's one and done as could these 4 freshmen coming in.

If you had to put a percentage on him being orange, what would you say? Make me feel all warm and fuzzy please.

75%, which is pretty good for a guy who has been (mistakenly IMO) branded a glass half empty guy. I have no insider info whatsoever (and neither does anyone else, apparently). I'm a little concerned that he's keeping Michigan in the loop and has another possible visit he could take.

Orangeman13 said:
He won't stay though. He's one and done as could these 4 freshmen coming in.

None of the four frosh will be one and done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom