Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 74 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

Looks like no updates since 6/16

Yeah, I'm not reading too much into the twitter thing. I was just answering the question about it. When Tyus decides his school, he'll update his twitter.

Football recruiting is a cluster... One reason I do not follow it. To me a verbal in football, is like telling your college girlfriend you will be with her forever. How many recruits actually follow through with their verbals in football? I can't remember the last time we lost a player in basketball after they verbally committed to us? Anyone remember?

Yeah, I'm not reading too much into the twitter thing. I was just answering the question about it. When Tyus decides his school, he'll update his twitter.

Agreed, going radio silence probably includes no twitter so it makes sense that it doesn't mean anything one way or the other.

Football recruiting is a cluster... One reason I do not follow it. To me a verbal in football, is like telling your college girlfriend you will be with her forever. How many recruits actually follow through with their verbals in football? I can't remember the last time we lost a player in basketball after they verbally committed to us? Anyone remember?

I cannot think of any recently. Wasn't Devo a MichSt commit and then decommitted? I think it came down to us and Lville after that.

Last edited:
Do you know JB's policy on this? Continuing to stay in contact (including continuing to make the case for your school) with committed recruits is standard procedure in football. Any evidence to say that SU (and everybody else) doesn't do this for basketball?
Texting, "how's everything. Are you still committed to ____?", is different than, "We're bringing you in for an official visit to our campus even though we know you have an outstanding verbal commitment to ______".

Last edited:
One of my favorite recruiting quotes is "I'm committed to XYZ school, for now".

How long do you think JB gave him to decide? Won't this impact other recruiting if this drags out too long?

If i'm not mistaken it came down to us and Florida after he decommited from MSU.

Ahh, I think you are correct. That sounds more like it but I do recall Lville at least being involved.

I don't think it's "tampering" either .. without a LOI being signed. That said, I don't think JB grants an official visit to a player who has declared a verbal commitment to another program, without that player announcing that he has de-committed (disavowed the verbal). That's just not who we are as a program/JB as a coach. It's about being above-board.

Considering Beilein was the other coach involved, JB would have made sure this was a by-the-book operation. Battle would have had to make things right with the Michigan coaches first before JB offers the visit. I have zero doubts about that.

That's all he has to say?????
Yes. They've said - repeatedly, to everyone who asks them - they aren't going to be making comments. They want space to think things over.

What is wrong with that? It's not like they owe us anything. This is a kid deciding on a college, at the end of the day. It's not our business if they don't want it to be our business.

Yes. They've said - repeatedly, to everyone who asks them - they aren't going to be making comments. They want space to think things over.

What is wrong with that? It's not like they owe us anything. This is a kid deciding on a college, at the end of the day. It's not our business if they don't want it to be our business.
I know but why wouldn't he want to come here? Best conference, the Melo Center, he'll be given the keys, and the sophomores he will be surrounded with could be a national title with him running the show.

The ball is tipped, and there you are...you're running for your life, you're a shooting star! I can see it now!!!!

I know but why wouldn't he want to come here? Best conference, the Melo Center, he'll be given the keys, and the sophomores he will be surrounded with could be a national title with him running the show.

The ball is tipped, and there you are...you're running for your life, you're a shooting star! I can see it now!!!!
You could say almost the exact same thing about the other schools he's looking at. Don't you think Duke, for example, could make a pretty damn strong case?

And for the record I practice what I preach. I could have went anywhere for grad school - completely funded. I came to the 'Cuse baby!!!!

Sorry. I'm really into this right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom