Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 104 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

For a one and done the decision should not be that hard. all of the options are big boy schools that will get you to the pros. The pros are not going to give you a choice of teams. Close to home - Cuse, royalty treatment (special dorm, catered food, etc.) - Kentucky, exposure-Duke, play for a NC - Kentucky or Duke. Cuse and Duke have better coaching than Kentucky. That's it, time to put your pants on and make a decision. (Assuming he can play point wherever he wants.)

Last edited:
Twilight meets Fatal Attraction meets Crying Game.

Fifty Shades of Twilight

This thread has entered it.

images

Quentin Goodin a top 100 guard for 16 just added Michigan to his top 5 and booted Lville, another sign Michigan has moved on from Battle and heavily pursuing other targets

Starting to think we need to get Gilbert up here to visit.
Yes. Battle is the goal, but we lost out on Murray already and Gilbert called us his dream school yet we're ignoroing him...if Battle ends up elsewhere we will end up scrambling assuming we're too late on Gilbert

Starting to think we need to get Gilbert up here to visit.
Got a call tonite from my nephew the UConn alum, and he's hearing that Gilbert may be done as an SU option & will probably commit to the Mutts this weekend.
This smacks so much of the Kemba Walker recruitment.
Kemba, a similiar player to Gilbert, was a HUGE SU and Melo fan growing up- hence the number 15 that he wore as a homage.
The staff chose to NOT recruit him, mostly because we had Jonny, a young Scoop, and a future MCW waiting in the wings. Kemba went on to UConn, and the rest is history.
I don't blame the staff, recruiting is an inexact science. But I'm seeing echoes of that w/ the Gilbert recruitment.
If Battle screws us...well, :bang:

Yes. Battle is the goal, but we lost out on Murray already and Gilbert called us his dream school yet we're ignoroing him...if Battle ends up elsewhere we will end up scrambling assuming we're too late on Gilbert

If my man Francis was here I believe it would go something like this.

1. We never offered Murray so we didn't lose him. Not to mention he reclassified to 15.

2. We may be Gilbert's dream school but we started recruiting him about 3 months ago. Since then we have added pascal and are back in the tyus sweepstakes.

If battle ends up elsewhere there's no guarantee we would have had Gilbert anyways.

Last edited:
Got a call tonite from my nephew the UConn alum, and he's hearing that Gilbert may be done as an SU option & will probably commit to the Mutts this weekend.
This smacks so much of the Kemba Walker recruitment.
Kemba, a similiar player to Gilbert, was a HUGE SU and Melo fan growing up- hence the number 15 that he wore as a homage.
The staff chose to NOT recruit him, mostly because we had Jonny, a young Scoop, and a future MCW waiting in the wings. Kemba went on to UConn, and the rest is history.
I don't blame the staff, recruiting is an inexact science. But I'm seeing echoes of that w/ the Gilbert recruitment.
If Battle screws us...well, :bang:

Battle already screwed us by committing to UM. But because we have hop and jb we still have a shot. If he picks somewhere else then nothing actually changed.

Maybe the "dream school" talk is just too get more attention from jb?

Some of you posters do know that parents and players that SU is recruiting read these boards. Amazing with some of posts in this thread that are really getting out of hand.

RF2044 said:
BFD. We're about to land Battle.

This wasn't meant as a knock on SU, RF.

I just always thought it was UConn or Ville even when we seemed in the picture and he said we were his dream school.

Just a gut feeling.

Cool it.

Tyus Battle quote below, draw your own conclusion. I simple do not know what to think at this point.

"My whole family just wanted to look at other schools and other options," Battle said. "I still really like Michigan a lot. I'm just looking at other schools and other options. "
I wonder if this is a situation where Tyus wants one school while parents want another. And the internal disagreement is playing out. I don't like the vibe.

Madbiker said:
I wonder if this is a situation where Tyus wants one school while parents want another. And the internal disagreement is playing out. I don't like the vibe.

Just a hunch, but I think UConn might be a a fly in the ointment here.

Ya know, the closer to home deal.

No idea they were still involved.

That was a quote from weeks ago. Just to put things in perspective. Nothing to worry about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom