Class of 2022 PG Zion Cruz (NJ / Oak Hill) Offered

CuseMan4

2nd String
I think Zion is far from a slam dunk to Cuse. But definitely a possibility. I just can’t stop thinking about a backcourt of Dior, Zion, senior JG3 and potentially a Junior Richmond if he’s still around. That is straight up the best backcourt in the country and it won’t be close.

Orangezoo

Living Legend
Can't say I've watched much of either, but I would guess stuff that doesn't show up in highlights.
Fair enough. Some of his highlights are extended game clips and you can definitely see he is a good athlete. That said his athleticism doesn't jump off the video to me vs Gayle. Maybe a little more springy but it's very small. Obviously it would be awesome if we bring this kid in but I'm not going to be worried if it's Gayle and not Cruz as I don't think one makes a difference in us being elite or not for 2022. Not like the kind of difference you get with Dior.

baggerbob

All Conference
Fair enough. Some of his highlights are extended game clips and you can definitely see he is a good athlete. That said his athleticism doesn't jump off the video to me vs Gayle. Maybe a little more springy but it's very small. Obviously it would be awesome if we bring this kid in but I'm not going to be worried if it's Gayle and not Cruz as I don't think one makes a difference in us being elite or not for 2022. Not like the kind of difference you get with Dior.
Playing with Dior for 2 years at Oak Hill would make a great difference.

GooseMutt

All Conference
Playing with Dior for 2 years at Oak Hill would make a great difference.
Dior is like lightning out there and Zion is slinky and plays at a much different pace than Dior. I hope Zion likes to run

SUOrangeSU

Starter
I don't think it's really what the staff "wants" between RG and Zion...it comes down to what Dior wants. If he wants his boy to come here and Zion will come, you pick that route..if he wants A, B or C player and they will come, you take them. You make every thing possible for Dior to step on campus including bringing his boys on campus to play with him for a year

Cuse1055

SU Video Maven
I don't think it's really what the staff "wants" between RG and Zion...it comes down to what Dior wants. If he wants his boy to come here and Zion will come, you pick that route..if he wants A, B or C player and they will come, you take them. You make every thing possible for Dior to step on campus including bringing his boys on campus to play with him for a year
Exactly. Dior is one of those generational talents that don’t come often (ala Pearl and Melo).

Orangezoo

Living Legend
That makes sense. I wasn't pointing to the rankings dictating who we want the most. More just in seeing their games I don't see a difference of 30 spots. I think both have a legit argument for being top 20 recruits.

Sudano

Starter
So I've watched a ton of highlights on Cruz and Gayle. What am I missing that makes Zion top 20 and Roddy top 50?
He is a significantly better ball handler, almost point guard level. Quicker, slightly better shooter. Shorter but more precise in his offensive movement. Gayle is bigger, a good shooter but seems to be growing into his body more. Less springy and more of a longer slower stride.

SUOrangeSU

Starter
That makes sense. I wasn't pointing to the rankings dictating who we want the most. More just in seeing their games I don't see a difference of 30 spots. I think both have a legit argument for being top 20 recruits.
Yep, I get it. I want RG badly. He's my #1 over Zion and Chance but whatever a top 5 player wants, JB and company know to give him

HoustonCuse

Living Legend
I understand but has that sort of thing ever been done by JB? I’m not saying he wouldn’t take those players, rather it seems as though it would be a substantial departure for JB to plan in such a way.

Cusesky8214

All American
Both currently 2022.. but Dior is considering the move to 2021. Will Zion or any of his friends follow suit?
Cant see zion coming 21. Things would be a bit crowded then unless theres more leaving...always guys leaving early so who knows? At this rate nothing would surprise me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom