Class of 2022 - PG Zion Cruz (NJ / PatrickNJ) Offered | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Zion Cruz (NJ / PatrickNJ) Offered

He also wasn't going to play much last year because he was a public school kid who didn't prep and wasn't better than Goodine and a ton of stuff. Not disagreeing with you but for now we know what Joe is at the level we play. Dior and Kadary are still unknown commodities. I'm not giving anyone minutes until I see them all play in our league.

I think Kadary and Buddy start for several reasons. Jg3 will get starters minutes from the bench. Better roster management in my opinion.

I think Kadary and Buddy start for several reasons. Jg3 will get starters minutes from the bench. Better roster management in my opinion.

I'll believe it when i see it. The only starter in recent memory that was benched after starting was Tyler Roberson, and that was after he started at the beginning of the year. We also expect a lot out of freshmen, and they tend to under perform projections.

I'll believe it when i see it. The only starter in recent memory that was benched after starting was Tyler Roberson, and that was after he started at the beginning of the year. We also expect a lot out of freshman and they tend to under perform projections.

He’s not starting in 2021 with Dior and Buddy here. He might start in 2022 but that means a 5 star recruit is happy sitting on the bench. So it really comes down to Kadary and his defense. Either way, Cuse wins.

He’s not starting in 2021 with Dior and Buddy here. He might start in 2022 but that means a 5 star recruit is happy sitting on the bench. So it really comes down to Kadary and his defense. Either way, Cuse wins.

Dior coming in 2021 is putting the cart before the horse. I was speaking specifically to this year with Kadary here. I guess he gets 15-20 minutes at both guard spots and SF.

Dior coming in 2021 is putting the cart before the horse. I was speaking specifically to this year with Kadary here. I guess he gets 15-20 minutes at both guard spots and SF.
Jg3 should get starters minutes and that’s the most important thing

Jg3 should get starters minutes and that’s the most important thing
If Buddy’s minutes get cut and Kadary can play the 3 a little, there’s no reason why all 3 guys can’t get between 28-32mpg. But will JB cut Buddy’s minutes too? Kadary will have to prove he’s at least better than Goodine was last year

I will be surprised and so should you be if Dior is able to reclassify to 2021, especially in a year of coronavirus affecting school years. I guess that he will be majoring in basketball While in college and I really hope that he qualifies and maintains his academic eligibility. Not sure what his current academic status but I hope that he works to qualify as a freshman whichever year he comes in.

Five star players mean nothing once they step on a college court. You have to perform better than your teammates. We’ve seen this before. We‘ve seen token starts for 2 minutes then they sit down for the next 18 minutes of the half. I’m not saying these kids aren’t good, but they will have to earn their minutes. Good luck pushing JG3 off the floor.

Five star players mean nothing once they step on a college court. You have to perform better than your teammates. We’ve seen this before. We‘ve seen token starts for 2 minutes then they sit down for the next 18 minutes of the half. I’m not saying these kids aren’t good, but they will have to earn their minutes. Good luck pushing JG3 off the floor.

Dior is pushing him off the floor lmao

I can say with extreme confidence, JG3 will not be coming off the bench. I may not have the "sources" people claim to have. But the guys I do know aren't gonna tell me bs. He's the starting pg while he's here. Bank on it

I can say with extreme confidence, JG3 will not be coming off the bench. I may not have the "sources" people claim to have. But the guys I do know aren't gonna tell me bs. He's the starting pg while he's here. Bank on it
If he doesn’t make 3s and kadary is as good as advertised, it’s not a sure thing.

but on topic of Zion, not sure where people are saying we aren’t getting him or not recruiting him. There are a lot of people on here people just shouldn’t listen to lol (thank you captain obvious) ... just saying that’s a ridiculous take I’m reading over last couple pages

There is a reason JB didn't offer until Joe played some PG.

Dior will start at Point guard from the moment he steps foot on campus.

Girard and Buddy will maintain starting minutes spread between multiple positions (more so Buddy).

This shouldn’t sound like a crazy concept.

There’s minutes to be carved out. This is a fantastic issue to have.

Dior will start at Point guard from the moment he steps foot on campus.

Girard and Buddy will maintain starting minutes spread between multiple positions (more so Buddy).

This shouldn’t sound like a crazy concept.

There’s minutes to be carved out. This is a fantastic issue to have.
Totally agree. I have zero sources but if anybody thinks a 5-star like Dior is coming here to come off the bench you’re crazy.

Anyone who doesn’t think Dior’s going to start, and “Lead” this team is surely mistaken. You must not have watched his highlight clips. This young man is seriously special on his own level.

Dion says hi from Waiters Island! ;)
Only playing devils advocate here.

Freshman Dion joined a team that was 30-5, first in the Big East and a top 10 offense just the year before.

2020 Syracuse basketball, unfortunately, does not have the same leverage right now as when it was approaching recruits of that calibre in the past regarding expected PT

If he doesn’t make 3s and kadary is as good as advertised, it’s not a sure thing.

but on topic of Zion, not sure where people are saying we aren’t getting him or not recruiting him. There are a lot of people on here people just shouldn’t listen to lol (thank you captain obvious) ... just saying that’s a ridiculous take I’m reading over last couple pages

Thats good to know. The best source however is not you but Zion himself. His social media clearly has indicated an ongoing interest in Syracuse. The fact that he’s teaming up with Dior at Oak Hill and took a visit with Dior to Syracuse further suggests serious interest. Some reputable posters posted here previously that Zion wasn’t coming here despite him taking a visit. Maybe that information was wrong or maybe things changed—either way, that poster remains reputable. But the good news is Zion is clearly in play for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom