Class of 2022 - PG Zion Cruz (NJ / PatrickNJ) Offered | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Zion Cruz (NJ / PatrickNJ) Offered

I mean, let’s not act like JG3 was crappy last year. He averaged 12, 3 and 3...as a freshman getting thrown to the wolves basically. I want Kadary to make it hard as hell for JB to take him out of the game but JG3 is going to get minutes, especially as a senior
Yeah, good post. I get everyone's defensive concerns and those won't go away entirely (JGIII won't be a lockdown defender at any point). But when you consider a kid who was splitting time with football and playing in upstate NY coming in and getting thrust into the role of point guard in the ACC, he handled it really well. His numbers weren't bad and should improve -- remember, he didn't actually shoot as well as he's capable -- and he does little things that good basketball players do. I know people hate intangibles, but he plays with an edge, which this team needs, and he moves the ball really well. Good passer and plays with good pace, looking to push the tempo.

I'd like to see him improve the consistency of his defensive effort and I think he has room to grow in terms of conditioning. I actually think he'll find a few more ways to score inside the arc as well.

Kadary playing well helps this team and if it ultimately means he eats into Joe's and Buddy's minutes, that's a good thing. But I really don't think either of those guys are going to be riding the pine the way some people think they will.

Oak Hill isnt an easy place to be especially during a pandemic. It’s no excuse but it’s something we should take note, plus maybe he wants to be close to home during this time

You know what...

think Cruz and Dior had more than just plans to play the rest of HS together, and Dior leaving may have something to do with Zion leavIng too.

I never thought we’d get Zion but this is interesting.

You know what...

think Cruz and Dior had more than just plans to play the rest of HS together, and Dior leaving may have something to do with Zion leavIng too.

I never thought we’d get Zion but this is interesting.

That occurred to me, too. Maybe Zion could only take being in the middle of the damn woods with his buddy. Once his buddy split, he left, too. Didn't take very long at all.

Is oak hill playing bball this year? If not, then this is understandable.

Attractive people have options.
Smart people have options.
Rich people have options.
Talented recruits have options.

We merely have opinions here.

Attractive people have options.
Smart people have options.
Rich people have options.
Talented recruits have options.

We merely have opinions here.
Speak for yourself! :cool:

Well, some of us have won awards.
Taken out of context. My bad. I’m sure this board is loaded with high achievers. But here we are online entities with no physical presence. But man do we have opinions!

Taken out of context. My bad. I’m sure this board is loaded with high achievers. But here we are online entities with no physical presence. But man do we have opinions!
I was just joking, because...well, you know.

Cruz next to Dior would give us dynamism in the backcourt we haven't had in some time. We'd be looking like a Kentucky backcourt, not just in the talent sense, but in having two guards who can really put the ball on the floor and attack the rim.

Or both still will.
Haven’t you followed the Dior thread? All the expert, insider, crystal ball, adolescent mind readers there give us zero chance of ever seeing him grace our floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom